pulsar vs a sportivo????????????

I liked this one....

yeah they do have more power and torque.....but it comes on very high in there rev range......

sportivo corolla 140kw @ 7600rpm

180nm @ 6800rpm

and they weigh 1224kg

pulsar SSS 105kw @ 6400rpm

179nm at 4500rpm

and they weigh 1140kg

befor vvti kicks in the corolla is very very slow....with less power and torque than a SSS before it hits 6000rpm....and they are abit heavier aswell....

on another note.....''motor'' dynoed the new sportivo rolla and it only got 89kw atw....a standard SSS can put down between 70-75 kw atw......they seem to lose ALOT of power through the drivetrain....either that or false advertising

I dunno what Sportivo this guy was in but it wasn't any I know.... even Northy's old motor could still perform better I think than this reported 89kw atw...

SSS Pulsars are nice little cars.

Mick and myself have already proved that they have no chance against us though. I'm sick and tired of taking on SSS Pulsars now, done up or not. I always know what the result is. I had a better drag with a GTi Pulsar turbo....that was a close one and we just stayed neck and neck. He would've started pulling on me though if we kept going.

Oh boy...hahahaha. I love Dylan stories. What mods Dyl?

This one I dragged was a little peeved off...he put a lot of money into his by the looks.

EDIT:

I just read...we have slugs? Hahaha. Maybe that guys boss should learn how to shift better. Shifting is the key to driving these things propertly. If you land lift on every shift and do it quickly you'll be suprised how quick you get to 120 as an example.

Am I right Dylan? haha.

Edited by bADbOYz

I have no idea, didn't really chat to him about his car. Sunny might know.

We were lined up 3 wide, Myself, Bill (SyxXPaC) and the dude in the GTiR. Bill was still stock at this stage and was gone by the 1st change. the GTiR slightly in front I pulled passed in 2nd and stayed in front to near the top of 3rd... we then slowed down.

They guys down at Wakefield Park were damn impressed with the pull the sportivo had down the straight. I was staying with a V8 soarer and and (I think unmodified) series 7 RX7... there was a series 4 that I spanked too ;)

Oh, I forgot to add, I had myu brother and my girlfriend in the car too, he was by himself :P

We were lined up 3 wide, Myself, Bill (SyxXPaC) and the dude in the GTiR. Bill was still stock at this stage and was gone by the 1st change. the GTiR slightly in front I pulled passed in 2nd and stayed in front to near the top of 3rd... we then slowed down.

They guys down at Wakefield Park were damn impressed with the pull the sportivo had down the straight. I was staying with a V8 soarer and and (I think unmodified) series 7 RX7... there was a series 4 that I spanked too ;)

Oh, I forgot to add, I had myu brother and my girlfriend in the car too, he was by himself :P

Mel Gibson is the road warrior? HAH

Title goes to Dylan now...

I am a bit more skeptical about SSS pulsars nowadays...because the 50% of the time if you have one that is keen you will hear a slight flutter when they rev - SR20, no chance :(

The 1zz can take these things easy though so long as they don't have a trick engine in there ;) ...and they think they can take sportivos?...tsk tsk, Nissan chumps :P

EDIT: Just read that thread on their forum, they are comparing pulsars with cam work done to stockish stivo track times. They are also very hostile and don't like people suggesting a logical comparison - nice try Syxxpac :P

Edited by Mintos

Yeh i tried to make trouble over there with bilsl time.On the way home from the drags this guy that was eyeing my out when i ran the 15.7 had a SSS int he car park. We got to the ramp to go into the m4 and went for glory. He had some noise coming out of him car.

started from rolling start of arbout 60km/h beside each other and by 120 i was 2 car lengths in front. we both pulled over at the tolls to pay and he hit is horn and i had him by 90km/h

I have alot of friends with sr20 SSS's and a 1zz can take them with exhaust and intake. Without one of these the 1zz will loose.

A stock SSS can get a 16.1 with a good driver. When they are turbo we stand no chance. Ive seem them run 13s

The only N/A you need to worry about is if they have bigger cams. THey can get 14.8 quite easily.

Edited by SyxXPaC

I suggest we go Eastrn Creek and have a shoot out...

just like the brisbane boys do with the mazdas...

ohh and maybe we should strap on some turbos as well and see what we do...

it takes forced induction to beat us....

Edited by RedLiner

Yeh i tried to make trouble over there with bilsl time.On the way home from the drags this guy that was eyeing my out when i ran the 15.7 had a SSS int he car park. We got to the ramp to go into the m4 and went for glory. He had some noise coming out of him car.

started from rolling start of arbout 60km/h beside each other and by 120 i was 2 car lengths in front. we both pulled over at the tolls to pay and he hit is horn and i had him by 90km/h

I have alot of friends with sr20 SSS's and a 1zz can take them with exhaust and intake. Without one of these the 1zz will loose.

A stock SSS can get a 16.1 with a good driver. When they are turbo we stand no chance. Ive seem them run 13s

The only N/A you need to worry about is if they have bigger cams. THey can get 14.8 quite easily.

Go on there again and post '14.4 with CAI, clutch, and Spoon N1' Bill hahahaha

Dylan i got my helmet already when we going to WSID/WP again? Lets hit it before it gets warm! I think the Stivo is a bloody great car, i wouldn't have sold it if i knew i would be quitting my long distance job :lol: But no complaints with the MPS though, just very different cars to own. I impressed a modded (170kw atw) Jap Spec S15 Silvia yesterday :D Forget about Pulsars, they are good 2liter donks but no where near the speed of a Stivo, the 2zz is built for top end speed. I raced a modded SR20 equipped before and in 1st up till 6000rpm we were neck and neck but as soon as i hit LIFT its over.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

i was gonna drag a pulsar seden once with my vtir civic, but then i hear his BOV........

wat corolla is this

quote from nissan forum pg 13

its what you get comparing money for money.

i went to a toy mods festival thing awhile back had a guy in a sportivo silver one , pumping 142kw at the wheels :S saw his dyno sheet run the line just went straight up.