Q: SHOCKS

JJCRU23R

ok heres the thing:

growing up ive always been into 4wdz, until i bought my corolla, which i only bought coz i was bout 2 get married and needed a sensable A to B vehicle that my future kids wont struggle to get into.

one of the modz i wanted but never bought on my 4wd were these - Rancho RS9000X adjustable shocks.

check em out here - http://www.rancho.com.au/rancho.htm

rancho shocks come with either 5 or 9 positionz (depending on the model) and comes with an optional IN-CAB system that lets you adjust the shocks while your still in the drivers seat - even WHILE YOU ARE driving.

heres the in-cab switch

my question is, since no1 seems to have mentioned it b4 - IS THERE SUCH A SYSTEM FOR OUR COROLLAZ? im sure there is but all i see in these forums is adjustable shocks that require you to go underneith the car to change the settings from hard to soft... and i dont want to have to do that.

Edited by JJCRU23R

Is that adjustable for height or damper?

If its damper, you don't have to adjust from underneath the car, but there is none that you can adjust from a device where you can made the changes from cabin. Tein and Cusco have this device, but not for corolla.

Rancho's are the ducks nuts of offroad shocks. Seen them in action and they are awesome. But unfortunately there isn't anything that fits our model Corolla's on the market at the momnet.

Is that adjustable for height or damper?

If its damper, you don't have to adjust from underneath the car, but there is none that you can adjust from a device where you can made the changes from cabin. Tein and Cusco have this device, but not for corolla.

i believe its damper.

" Rancho RS9000X adjustable shocks.....better-quality product with 15-stage internal velocity-sensitive valving AND a 9-position, external ride-adjustment knob that permits alteration of the stiffness by up to 800%"

if i wanted to have adjustable height i think the main choices are airbagz or hydrolicz am i right?

i guess if your changing the settingz underneith the car you would b adjusting height yea? as in D2coiloverz

Edited by JJCRU23R

no i was thinking about a system where you could change the settings of the shocks to hard if you wanted performance... or soft if you dont want your kids 2 wake up from the bumpz in the road while your driving

Well, in that case there isn't one for our car. However, I do believe some USA fella did a mod to TEIN EDFC so it fit under the bonnet. TEIN EDFC is exactly what you;re looking for, and this is to work in conjuction with TEIN coilover system.

• 2 weeks later...

yo danz! found what i was looking 4! thanx 4 heading me down the right direction.

i was waitin 4 my thai fried rice n deep fried tofu at my local thai resteraunt when i was reading 1 of their autosalon magazinez... found the TEIN EDFC advertisment and saved the website on my fone.

and YES!!

they make these suspension kits to fit our corollas!

they also do

aussie spec supra & soarer

jap spec corolla ZZE112, echo, mr2, IS200/300

just wat i was looking 4...

coiloverz with adjustable height and damper + electronic damping force controller (EDFC)

adjustable height controller would have been an added bonus.. oh well.. 1 can only wish

sounds pretty good quality...

"16 levels of dampening force adjustment (compression+rebound)"

"damper is re-buildable for repair, overhaul or re-valving"

http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com/tein_per...suspension.html

catalogue in PDF is here:

http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com/download/3396.link

just found a distributor in girraween... nice 1!

Well, in that case there isn't one for our car. However, I do believe some USA fella did a mod to TEIN EDFC so it fit under the bonnet. TEIN EDFC is exactly what you;re looking for, and this is to work in conjuction with TEIN coilover system.

Edited by JJCRU23R

• 1 month later...