SA spec RSi's upgraded

Thanks man, but still waiting here for Toyota Oz to give us a confirmation on what needs to be modified on our Stivos. Haven't heard from them since the last email a week ago. Confident something will happen though.

From the SA forum, it seems that most guys experience slight differences. Most say its the midrange that has improved. I think the best method to test the "kit" out is to have a pre-recall Corolla RunX Rsi take on a post-recall RunX Rsi. That way you will be able to see for sure if there were any improvements in torque or power.

Cheers,

Zee

Got my mod done. Its too soon to tell now - apparently you need to give the ECU about 200km to adapt :blink:

Anyway, she feels more responsive between 3000 and 6000 rpm.

Will update you later.

Also, a mate who has had the conversion done, took on a Cooper S the day after. He gave it 3 car lengths : :P

Hi QUICKSILVER,

any comments from TSA whether these mods are going to go international i.e. like to Australia ???? If you dont know is it possible for you to find out.

Cheers

Bill

Called Toyota australia and the lady that i talked to swore blind that there was no issue with our cars!!! So i put the heat on her and asked her why the sportivo was removed from (a) the website and (B) why it wasnt for sale. She paused and said that it was an issue that was not safety related. I tried to grill her some more but she didnt want a bar of it

Sorry guys!!

Nikich then ask her about this letter then, cause then she cannot hide from it or brush it off.

Corolla Sportive Update

TMCA is working closely with TMC and the Australian Government to address an engine power rating discrepancy affecting Corolla Sportive vehicles.

The relevant Government agencies have reviewed TMCA proposals to respond to this issue and TMCA is now working to finalise the necessary formal submissions and approvals.

It will be necessary to replace some parts on the vehicles currently held from sale and preparations for production and supply of those parts are well under way.

Current outlook for release of the held vehicles is unlikely to be before the end of August this year and further information wHl be forwarded as soon as it becomes available.

TMCA is also preparing information for all customers who have already taken delivery of affected Corolla Sportivo vehicles with clear advice of this issue. It will be sent at the earliest possible opportunity.

TMCA sincerely regrets any inconveniences experienced by dealers and customers resulting from this matter.

Regards,

Gary Knight

National Sales Manager

Seriously, I don't get why they keep trying to hide the issue when it's already out there. In my opinion. they should just admit it and tell us that they are working on fixing it. Hiding it gives them a bad name.

i'm starting to get the rattles now. just after my 10,000km service. and last night (14degrees) i had problems shifting from 1st to 2nd :( it's never happened before. it was like the gear wanted to stick in 1st and it was hard to pull it out of 1st.

i'm starting to get the rattles now. just after my 10,000km service. and last night (14degrees) i had problems shifting from 1st to 2nd :( it's never happened before. it was like the gear wanted to stick in 1st and it was hard to pull it out of 1st.

Ahhh, so you too.

It seems that the reason for this is 2 fold:

1stly, these boxes are extremely sensitive to ambient temperature.

Secondly, a reason could be windup, which is perfectly normal - i.e. the wheel speed, transaxel speed and engine speed are not in sync at the point that you want to shift. Apparently, its a law of physics, which the gearbox design does not defy.

You should of told her when she said she cant help you or i have info on the matter. " excuse me, may i speak to your manager or somone who knows more on this matter, as i have a letter already from toyota stating there will be a recall, however as a already valued customer of toyota, I would like to know more about this issue, as i have already spent $30,000 on your product. And it is unacceptable not to inform me that my product is not up to standard's of its advertised description.

that sounds a but rough lol... but sometime u gotta play hard, to make them listen.. as they put so much effort on customer satisfaction.

ADR i called them in regards to something else, I had to give them my name :(

Otherwise i would have given her a spray, she was extremely arrogant. I obviously knew something and she straight out lied to my face about it. I dont know why the hide the fact, surely they know that this forum exists :angry:

I had a similar problem the other day too, i couldnt get in 2nd when changing in lift, crunched the mother****** 3 times and still wouldnt get in. It SH*** me on some days, on others it drives as smooth as silk.