My Unlucky Sportivo

Got my car serviced the other day for 10 000kms.

Unfortunately the same day i parked on the street at a friends place to get a haircut. Came back out and realised when i walked to my door some $%^@ had reversed into my drivers door and ran away without leaving a note.

figured out it must of been the driveway of the house opposite to my friends so decided to knock on their door to see if they knew anything. they claimed they did not know anything but something was suspicious so i asked what kind of car they drive (if they had a white car since there was white paint all over my door)

they had a white camry which was parked on the driveway not long ago when i arrived at my friends place so i was sketchy and had a feeling it was them. i nicely asked if i could look at their car and sure enough there was damage on the right bumper corner and paint was stripped off it... the car was white... there was a blue mark on the top corner and sure enough on the top part of my huge dent there was blue. after taking photos etc and them constantly denying it.. i decided to call the police.. they came over and couldnt do anything since no one actually saw the incident. but gave me an event number to tell my insurance company... i called the insurance company and if i want to claim its gonna cost me the excess and i also lose no claim bonus etc...

im still thinking what i should do.. i might check out some quotes to get it done... if not ill have to claim... this has come at a really bad time too when im really strapped for cash... worse thing is i know who #$%@ing did it but police cant do jack

any suggestions guys...

Get the media involved :P

Nah mate, just joking.. Sorry to hear about that, there are always people like that who do things right under your nose and deny it :angry: My mate had this happen once at UNI and even got in his car to chase down the 4WD that wanted to make a run for it!! That person got away but his rego was taken down. Result? My mate had to pay for the wrecked rear bumper. He drove around in the car with the wrecked bumper for 9 months before coming up with money to replace it.

my suggestion is to find a witness.

i saw a hit and run in an undercover carpark. a 4x4 was leaving and hit a parked car. the 4x4 did not stop and continued to exit the carpark.

i was the only person around so i went to see the damaged car. it was only a small touch. the 4x4 saw me and came back around. by that time i already pushed a note into the car so the 4x4 could not steal it.

Seriously, i would speak to them again nicely and advise them to admit to it because this scenario is too much of a coincidence. Be honest with them and tell them nicely that its a new car you've got and its unfortunate that this incident happened at a time you are financially tight. Give them your number and tell them you hope they will change their mind and pay for the damage. Also ask them how they would feel if something like that happened to them. They shouldn't do things to other people that they do not want happening to themselves. Hopefully the culprit feels guilty and owns up. If not, mate there is always a brighter day. Show them your magnanimity and that you can take it like a man and walk away :lol:

My 2cents,

Zee

***** you guys are too nice, fabricate a witness, the cops said no one saw it, that means no one saw that a friend of yours was not there to witness it, what are they gonna say "He was not there I know this cos I looked around before I took off" you have them cornered :).

***** im devious at times, I scare myself I truly do.

Since when has j e e z been a swear word?

thanks for the input guys... i dunno about making up a witness since ive already got this police report number cos i have already reported the incident... they dont feel guilty at all.. my friends mum's car was damaged as well from a similar incident by them and they still havent paid for all the damage. she doesnt want anything to do with them since they seem to be "dangerous"

i hope karma gets them

thanks for the input guys... i dunno about making up a witness since ive already got this police report number cos i have already reported the incident... they dont feel guilty at all.. my friends mum's car was damaged as well from a similar incident by them and they still havent paid for all the damage. she doesnt want anything to do with them since they seem to be "dangerous"

i hope karma gets them

Don't worry mate, NO ONE escapes KARMA = the LAW of cause and effect!! :ph34r:

Nothing annoys me more when I see people who've got absolutely no respect for other people's property - let alone their own.

I hate parking in shopping centres and never park next to dirty & dented cars for that reason

OK, had this happen to me.

1. Don't make up a witness or do anything illegal.

2. Give the details to your insurance company, but don't bother to claim.

3. As suggested above, appeal to the nicer side of these people. Always be polite (suggest that they may have been "mistaken" rather than call them liars). Give them a genuine quote.

4. Knock on their door and say Hi every time you go to your mates house. They will soon be sick of you. Might weaken their resolve if they get the feeling that they will never get rid of you. Remembering, of course, that if you are always polite and never break the law that they can't do much about you hassling them.

5. Ask your local free legal service about the small claims tribunal (cheaper than trying to sue someone, but same net result)

6. Give this information to the people on your next visit.

7. Never give up. I had to call a guy for 3 months to get $700 out of him that he owed me. I ruined his life and he figured it was easier to pay me to get me to stop.

8. Don't forget to do some amateur detective work. Check their mailbox one day to get their names (OK, that is illegal, but be quick!) or even check the electoral rolls (at the Post Office or a public library?). Getting their names will lead you to their phone numbers! Yet another way to give them the ****s!

I have had to chase people a few times for money owed to my side business. I have always got it but sometimes it takes some dedication. It is only an extra 5 mins to your day to hassle these people if you visit your mate (you are already there).

Calm and patience - even if you never get the cash, you will hopefully have gotten your money's worth by ruining these bastards lives. After 6 months it is time to give up or start sending pizza deliveries and other pranks around.

How unlucky dude..

if i was u..i would take revenge on them n give them hell till they cave in and decide to repay u back..

pranks will be good to do as well.......

But if i was in your situation...I would have def. scratch their car all around and even leave a message behind...hohoho :P

Fark... this 10k service seems to be bad luck... how many cars have been damaged on this page straight after their 10k service? LOL i think i will just take it straight home and put it in the shed when i get mine done!

a different option, which will not resolve your current situation however may bring u some happyness.

buy a $100 car from the wreckers, unregistered of course, drive it into their drive way, ensuring you drive stairght into their car and do some nice damage. then leave the car in teir driveway and take the keys.

this will ensure that their day will be f*cked

cheers

:lol:

a different option, which will not resolve your current situation however may bring u some happyness.

buy a $100 car from the wreckers, unregistered of course, drive it into their drive way, ensuring you drive stairght into their car and do some nice damage. then leave the car in teir driveway and take the keys.

this will ensure that their day will be f*cked

cheers

:lol:

Please advise me of where u can get a driveablw car for $100!!!

Or just keep hassling you till they pay...or even tell them u can prove it and u will take them to court or something, mite scare it outa them!

The best bit about hassling them politely, but repeatedly, is that you are not breaking any laws yourself. Murphy's Law states that you will get caught red-handed the second you do something to get them back.

When they get sick of you, just say that all they have to do is do the right thing (it's not like they don't know why you are there!) and pay up. Then you will go away.

Patience, young GrassHopper!

(hey, get their phone number and I'll make quasi-legal phone calls to them to up the pressure!)

gimme their phone number and i'll hassle them too!

plus, they're in syd. so i'm sure i could send some boys around to rearrange their furniture and what ever else they have.

i would definately hassle them! and if they still refuse..i'd get them. bad!

Aaron: so all the damage matches up to your car?? The paint, the location of the dents and so forth???

Man..that's way too coincidental. And they also did that to your mother's car???

hmm....some house bricks and a few dogs constantly POOING in their yard would be good.

how about dog poo inside a paperbag...set on fire on their door step.

or put poo on their door handles...or even better..hehe..my favourite..put poo on their air intake....so everytime they use the aircon or air...they get a nice smell in the car!

hahaha!

Hey..i used to live in Mt. Druitt... :P

need help..just PM me.

Honestly, just hassle politely and constantly. Do they work for Toyota? :P

I was in the situation a month back.....where a guy reversed into my cars right rear and didnt even know and yeah there was no witnesses either........he never admitted that it was his fault......but i told my insurance company that he backed into me. Your insurance company should do the investigation and find out the faulty party thats why you pay them aint it.

Aaron: so all the damage matches up to your car?? The paint, the location of the dents and so forth???

yeh man all points to them and they are such liars... i dunno what i should do... i think ill have to talk to aamii again... they should really sort things out... cos yeh thats right.. thats what we friggin pay for...

thing is they dont look like normal decent ppl... they seem more like shifty and to tell u the truth i dont really want anything to do with them since i dont want any more trouble for anyone else...

this sorta thing shouldnt happen... u shouldnt do to others what u dont want done to yourself

the 10k service curse strikes again! sorry to hear about the bad luck dude. it's not right. i hate it when people are like that. the thing is that they probably don't have insurance, that's why they are denying.

i don't think being nice about all this is going to help. it's your property. they hit it! don't be scared man. the most they can do is throw a few punches. then you have grounds for assult charges. Have a spine (sorry :rolleyes: ) it's your car and their fault, nothing should stop you from getting it fixed. try small claims court. if that doesn't work. us sydney boys have to help each other out. if you need anything. let me know. shifty people Sh*T me! :angry:

Yeah, it does make the blood boil when you meet people likle that. Did you take photos of their car? If not, go back and take some photos of the bit that had your paint on it, that way you'll at least have some proof.