rotor help

MT

hey peeps!

lookin to upgrade the rotors in the stivo... sick of hearing my teeth chatter together when i touch the middle pedal...

so! after speaking to numerous people (thanks bill ;) ) i went and enquired about DBA 4000 series rotors for the celica (DBA4562) Apparently they dont exist anymore, they will only make them when there is a high demand or something like that. i've also heard that there are DBA759S (like omn1potent got on his car) but nowhere can find them for me either.

Help? Anyone? any other suggestions?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Northy, i emailed DBA direct but if they dont get back to me i'll look into RDA. dont need em redrilled but already got someone lined up to do that for when i got the dba ones anyway :P

are yours slotted/cross drilled?? u dont have a part number handy do ya dude?

when the reply to my email i'll question them about how many they would want made up to justify making them and at what price. we got 3 already ;)

Then ask them to draw a few demand curves and break-even diagrams to back it up :blink:

ANU pride

when the reply to my email i'll question them about how many they would want made up to justify making them and at what price. we got 3 already ;)

I would be interested in 4000 (or 5000) series. Then we get to argue over the specs :lol: I would only get the slotted ones ;)

I would be interested in 4000 (or 5000) series. Then we get to argue over the specs :lol: I would only get the slotted ones ;)

I am only interested in slotted too :)

Then we can argue about hat colour? Black Blue Red or Gold. :P :lol:

Morning,

Thankyou for your enquiry, unfortunately the part number you are quoting for the Celica DBA 4562 is still a genuine number which we have never sold. The only option we have at the present time for the corolla sportivo ZZE 123, is the standard number DBA 759, which is also available in slotted or crossdrilled and slotted. All would take around a week out of our Sydney Branch.

Sorry we couldnt be more help at this time.

:(

Thankyou for your reply Chloe, however i am a bit confused as to your comments about the DBA4562 rotors. You have said that you have never sold them, but I know of at least 4 people who have DBA4562 installed on their Corolla's now. Is there any chance the rotors will be made in the future?

If it is a demand problem, how many pairs would one have to buy to justify the rotors being made? would they be able to be made in a 4 x 100 stud pattern if they were a special order?

Thanks for your help, I am just interested in finding a suitable solution to the terrible rotors Toyota supplies and am worried that the standard rotors won't cut it.

Thanks again,

Michael Taylor