rotor help

MT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jimmy... economics isnt cool :lol:

Hey I don't rag on marketing :P

So what don't we like about corolla rotors?? I know Mick's are warped or something or other, they do sound terrible when bringing us down from 140 to 40 for a school zone....

My brakes were making a noise that sounded like the pads needed changing... So I took out the pads to find that they weren't worn all the way to the little dangly noise-maker thingies (they still needed a change, but it wasn't the pads making the noise, presumably). So I put the newbies in and away we go.

What a noticed was a dirty rim around the inner area of the right front disk, mainly on the outside. We used that expensive disk cleaner and it didn't really do much to the naked eye... The noise is still slightly there at low speeds whilst under brakes, but before I changed the pads the noise was there at low speeds even when I wasn't applying the brakes :huh: any thoughts???

Surely they would make 5000 series brakes for our cars if demand was high enough. If they are willing, then we just need to make another group buy :lol: Only problem might be getting replacement rotors/hats in the future.

But in the end I would prob only go for the 4000's, too many problems can occur with 2 piece rotors if they are made on the cheap.

Edited by SuperDave

Morning,

Sorry about the confusion, after speaking to our technical guy he has informed me that DBA 4562 has only ever be sold in slotted and not undrillled which We believe you would require. He has told me that DBA 759 could be made as a 4000 series but would require a minimum of 25 people interested in buying the part number. Otherwise you would need to wait for a new run to be made up of the part number which could take anywhere from 3 to 12 months.

He has told me that the standard slotted rotors would do the job, but would not be suitable if you are doing track days.

Morning,

Thankyou for your enquiry, unfortunately the part number you are quoting for the Celica DBA 4562 is still a genuine number which we have never sold. The only option we have at the present time for the corolla sportivo ZZE 123, is the standard number DBA 759, which is also available in slotted or crossdrilled and slotted. All would take around a week out of our Sydney Branch.

Sorry we couldnt be more help at this time.

:(

Thankyou for your reply Chloe, however lying is bad mmkay? You shouldn't lie, otherwise you go to hell mmkay? Mmkay? Mmmmkayyyyy.

Let me know how much. However when is this happening mick? I've been suprised with car rego now remember haha.

• 7 months later...

Just thought I would update this thread, I have spoken to DBA and the 4000 slotted serirs for the celica are still avalible, Part numbers DBA4562SL/R for the fronts and DBA4563SL/R for the rears. I rang repco and they were able to supply a set of fronts for $439.98.