Cold air short ram

GAZOOM

Thanks guys for your comments.

I have changed my mind about the bonnet scoop as i saw one this morning on a Nissan Exa. Just doesn't look right.

Plus the fog light method everyone is talking about is a far cheaper alternative I think.

I have been thinking of doing exactly the same thing GAZOOM.

I'm going to play around with some designs and get some quotes done by fabricators. Im set on getting a side mounted scoop, which if done right, wouldnt look out of place. Yes, that chunky SSV thing would funny, but an intergrated scoop would look sick I reckon.

No thats one of those chad little conned fllters with an extension, your filter will still get engine heat. What you have to understand is that even if you have a pipe or cut a whloe in your bonnet to your filter, you will still suck in engine heat. You need to box it off so the cold air is trapped somewhere and little or no engine heat gets in. Basically box it off, run a pipe or two under your headlight and suck cool air from your bumper.

If its not boxed your only really getting minmal cold air, as well as wasting money.

Man this is just my opinion (so dont get angry), but I think if you really want CAI you should just sell ur SRI and buy a CAI instead of spending money and cutting holes in bonnets (etc..) which you cannot undo if you want to sell stock oneday anyway. Now I know you want to be creative and don't want to think about how much that guy on ebay screwed you over but I think you'll be happier in the end if you just cut your losses n swap ur SRI for a true CAI ;)

Man this is just my opinion (so dont get angry), but I think if you really want CAI you should just sell ur SRI and buy a CAI instead of spending money and cutting holes in bonnets (etc..) which you cannot undo if you want to sell stock oneday anyway. Now I know you want to be creative and don't want to think about how much that guy on ebay screwed you over but I think you'll be happier in the end if you just cut your losses n swap ur SRI for a true CAI ;)

I appreciate your comments mate.

I think at this stage I quite enjoy driving th car with the AEM SRI.I love the sound and the throttle response has improved but just keep me away from a car that has a CAI so I dunno what I am missing.

Since I have been reading up on the SRI I guess I am trying to maximise the SRI to make work more efficent.

But I have gone off the whole cutting the bonnet thing. So most probably stick with boxing the pod and feed it with cold air DIY

Edited by GAZOOM

I appreciate your comments mate.

I think at this stage I quite enjoy driving th car with the AEM SRI.I love the sound and the throttle response has improved but just keep me away from a car that has a CAI so I dunno what I am missing.

Since I have been reading up on the SRI I guess I am trying to maximise the SRI to make work more efficent.

But I have gone off the whole cutting the bonnet thing. So most probably stick with boxing the pod and feed it with cold air DIY

No worries champ, thats fair enough; I admire your resourcefulness (I'm not much of a practical person lol :lol: )

Yeah I quite like your stubborn resistance GAZOOM. Nobody else has any crazy SR set up like that (at least not that I've seen)

Remember the old XW Falcon GT's had a scoop off centre and that looked pretty good. I guess if the design is right then it would look pretty good

No Falcon ever looked good - ever

Yeah I quite like your stubborn resistance GAZOOM. Nobody else has any crazy SR set up like that (at least not that I've seen)

Remember the old XW Falcon GT's had a scoop off centre and that looked pretty good. I guess if the design is right then it would look pretty good

Yeah I could never really see what the GT-HO looked like Jimmy. I could only ever see it's tail lights rapidly dissapearing in the opposite direction :P

Yeah I could never really see what the GT-HO looked like Jimmy. I could only ever see it's tail lights rapidly dissapearing in the opposite direction :P

So you can hit lift in reverse hey Rob??? :clap:

So you can hit lift in reverse hey Rob??? :clap:

I wonder if you can? BRB

Ok did a bit more home work and found these

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/forums/view...d5dd48814058469

http://www.partsforatvs.com/default.asp?p=...KFX400+/+DVX400

I now see what you guys mean

see what I cna bung up over the long weekend

Cheers,

Gazoom

That's more like it. Then have a flexible pipe running up from below your headlight into that box. Also it's best to use the insulated foam like rollamods said, As the aluminium that person used will still heat up.

No thats one of those chad little conned fllters with an extension, your filter will still get engine heat. What you have to understand is that even if you have a pipe or cut a whloe in your bonnet to your filter, you will still suck in engine heat. You need to box it off so the cold air is trapped somewhere and little or no engine heat gets in. Basically box it off, run a pipe or two under your headlight and suck cool air from your bumper.

If its not boxed your only really getting minmal cold air, as well as wasting money.

yeh id do that what this guy said sealed off box is the go