Window Tinting

I want to get my windows tinted, is there good and bad tints? cause i have seen some people advertising like $75 for the entire car?

I did a search with no results so if there is already a thread plz point me in the right direction

$75 is a no profit job.

You can buy the films 3m of tint for about $20 at the shops.

So he's only really getting in $50.

You can go for it if you want. Depending on the film and the way its been applicated will be the lasting factor.

remember back in primary? our school books were contact papered and if you did a crappy job they bubbled, or if you used cheap crap later on you'll find they open up and go all ugly

my dad did his own tints on an 86 magna back in 1990. its 14 years old now and is still the same so I guess it depends on what film is used.

$75 seems too cheap. I reckon they'll use poor quality tint film.

Just go to any reputable place and ask for metallic tints (most are thesedays anyhow). Get it in 35% as it's darkest legal and looks the nicest :) . You should get a decent quote anywhere from $200 to $400.

man pm me. the guy that did my tint is good, he will tint it for cheap and dark as you like with high quality tint - anti scratch for about 150 if you pay any more than this amount you are being ripped off for both cash and qualitly.

Norhty there are a few places. you really have to look round and shop hard.

Shao got his at tint express tint and it looks V V nice. I got mine done at MEP films, Stoopid...i cant remember they were all around 200-300$ though and all the jobs were fantasic.

Do your homework and ask some more ppl around here in brissy ;)

if ur in sydney, i know a guy that does a fantastic job, less than 200 tints all round, one piece rear window.

he can tint any 5 10 15 20 35 % , whatever u like, PM me if you want his contact !

maybe u sportivo owners should organise some form of a tint day.. get about 6-7 cars done all in one day..

PM me if u want his contact !

• 5 months later...

I dont know if there is a MING in Melbourne, but they do a Titanium tint for about 350$ I think, and I love them. Head them on all cars cept the Stivo (cause I havent had the spare cash)

It is a T35 and looks good.; It isn't the darkest, but you my experience is that the darkest aren't always the best...

Northy,Northy,Northy. I can give you the name of a mobile window tinter recommended to me who does very good work. Give me a call and I can give you the info. If there are any other interested parties then maybe we could meet at my house one day and he could come and do a few cars at once and of course the forum catch cry.... GROUP BUY(well discount that is)!!!!!

In Melbourne there's quite a few, even some that come out to you, Mine was done by Tint Conditioning - was about 200 for darkest legal.

REMEMBER to make sure you get BLACK coloured film. Blue or Brown just looks pox.

The Titianium tint from Ming looks schmick.....

Under most flouro lights and halogens (ie Carpark lights) it actually flicks between green & purply

THx.

A mate and I are going to Tint Professor for $500 (both). Their darkest legal. ANd also getting our back windows tinted 20% darker than std.

Any of you guys have the practically black back windows? what u think? implications? too dark too see?

I dont know if there is a MING in Melbourne, but they do a Titanium tint for about 350$ I think, and I love them.  Head them on all cars cept the Stivo (cause I havent had the spare cash)

It is a T35 and looks good.;  It isn't the darkest, but you my experience is that the darkest aren't always the best...

Yes there is, this is the tint on my vehicle. Got it done via the dealer when I purchased the vehicle new. Actually i got the while MING kit complete.