New Corolla revealed at Paris Motorshow

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resembles the front end of a yaris and slightly modded rear end of current corolla. Would be nice if they could get a slightly more aggressive front end though. Looks kinda weird to me to be honest...I hate to say this but the current civic looks better...

i like it, but i dont like it!

yes i like the colour and it looks nice and all... but yea..

my beef is i just dont like thinking that my current corolla is gonna be referred to as an "old model".

it frustrated me when the facelift came out,(no offence facelift owners) and now this.

redesigning the bodyshape every few years gives me the sh!tz!

its kinda like when i tell people im 26 now and they think i might as well be going through male menopause.

it makes no sense! doesnt mean i should get a facelift coz im getting a fraction older doez it?

but yea, corollaz r a damn good car! 1 of the most popular selling cars in the world!

good things shouldnt have to change every couple yearz like this!

example - the landcruisers current shape hasnt changed dramatically since 1997-8??!!

from the time the 80series fell out and the 100 series came in, the corollaz been redesigned over and over again in that same space of time..

i just dont get it!

maybe im making something out of nothing, but 4 me - redesigning the rolla over again is like 3 year old kids having babiez. bad analogy but thats the closest thing i could compare it to.

its just wrong and itz 2 early in my opinion 2 spawn another generation of rolla!

end of rant.

*exhale*

thankyou.

i like it, but i dont like it!

yes i like the colour and it looks nice and all... but yea..

my beef is i just dont like thinking that my current corolla is gonna be referred to as an "old model".

it frustrated me when the facelift came out,(no offence facelift owners) and now this.

redesigning the bodyshape every few years gives me the sh!tz!

its kinda like when i tell people im 26 now and they think i might as well be going through male menopause.

it makes no sense! doesnt mean i should get a facelift coz im getting a fraction older doez it?

but yea, corollaz r a damn good car! 1 of the most popular selling cars in the world!

good things shouldnt have to change every couple yearz like this!

example - the landcruisers current shape hasnt changed dramatically since 1997-8??!!

from the time the 80series fell out and the 100 series came in, the corollaz been redesigned over and over again in that same space of time..

i just dont get it!

maybe im making something out of nothing, but 4 me - redesigning the rolla over again is like 3 year old kids having babiez. bad analogy but thats the closest thing i could compare it to.

its just wrong and itz 2 early in my opinion 2 spawn another generation of rolla!

end of rant.

*exhale*

thankyou.

Mate...i'm feelin ya man...i only jus got my 05 stivo back in end of Jan of dis year! n its already out dated next year!! >_<

Things gotta change, n some will love or hate the new morphed yaris-rolla design.

Lolz i guess that TMC thought, well we're doin well wit sales for Rollaz n Yaris'...so why not fuse em? lolz

The current shape corolla to me has been around for quite a while though...ok ok give or take its facelifts, but still its been a while, IMO ^_^.

I remember wen me mate first got his Rolla, fresh outta year 12, 2003 - black ascent. i was like mate....u bought a Corolla? WTF? Wat happened to ur Skyline? lolz

I never...ever...ever looked at a Corolla prior to this year...it wasn't realistically...well....frankly...not a car that teens fresh outta high-school would wanna be driving or seen in one. Its was either go Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Mitsu or Euro style...not a staid label...Toyota.

Change is inevitable, come the market forces n our rate of wanting something new all the time, something fresh something different n unique. The young market. The market drivers forced this inevitability. If TMC didn't change it next year...The hot hatches of the market would've got the better of it...n maybe so...if things don go TMC way.

I'm curious...a more powerful 1.8L Corolla 07? hmmm hard pushed to get passed 141Kw.

Honda territory: 2.0L 154Kw or 2.0L 174Kw...but pushing the limits of a 1.8L mainstream? hmmmm

At least, u n i know...we've got a classic seller, dat got so many records N recognition during its time. :yahoo:

It set the pace. :toast:

I think this one is a better looking. Perhaps, some of us are just not used to it 1st. I remember I used to hate the look of corolla, but somehow it grows and happened to be positive once sports grill and eyelid is on. Especially when its lowered to the max.

This one, I actually liked it from its original shape - so it can be better again with few cosmetics adjustments.

That reminded me, some of us here also dislikes the facelifted sportivo due to the very echo-ish tear drop headlight. But again, its welcomed soon later when everyone adjust to the new look.

its okai dont like the altezza style rear lights and i dont think we'll get black housing headlights lols :P

they copied the exhaust from the new CTR! =[

needs some eyelids front side and rear lips :P

is there a "sportivo" version?

Edited by vyets

Your not allowed to upgrade yet anyway Jase, you have to finish your sub box :P

AND THAT TOO MUTHERF*CKER! hahahaha! yea spend all my time trying 2 mod up this damn conquest and its really not that long until my corolla is old news!

azza dont get me started up again coz i wanted 2 keep my last post as short as possible :P

but yea...

i see the point of refreshing the design, since the other companys would be doing that too for their small cars.

but doesnt mean i have to like the fact that thats the way it iz.

im planning on keeping my rolla till its a frikken antique, like the way ppl look at old coronas or gemini's or something... HA!

just didnt want my car to seem like its ageing so soon. thats all.

*btw, azza i bought enough fibreglass tonight to cover the whole box :))* yay for austudy!

Edited by JJCRU23R

it looks like commodore wheels but anyways it also looks like sex on wheels

Commodore wheels - YES! How ghey are they. I don't want my Corolla with wheels from an SS.

I think it's a bit disappointing but I guess by the time it comes out we won't be wasting our time on Corolla's eh boys? Hahaha :lol:

My latest issue of wheels, I know it is the worst mag ever unless you think the only car on earth is the commo. Anyway, as for engines they claim a 1.8L 2ZR-FE with 179Nm@4400rpm with 100kW. But they claim rumours of a 3.5L V6 or 2.4L I4 in a hot version. Unless they do a R32 style rolla, I doubt a V6 will fit. Also the car will be renamed the Auris in Japan to sound classy :huh: . I have now saved all of you money that you don't need to buy this months mag. Thank *** I get them for free :lol:

I hope they don't put those wheels on it, they look too commodore. And the walrus front end I'm not a fan of. But then again I never liked the Sportivo when they first came out, then the face lift :lol:

I can definately see the styling cues with Yaris and Camry.

This one better have a better driving position though. I'm 6'4" and can't drive any of the ZZEs, seat doesn't go back far enough & steering wheel height is hopeless :(