standard ride height?

if you can find the standard ride height of a hilux you should be on the right track...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tom, you crack me up....

Dylan, I know stock ride height is around 25mm or so higher than stock 1ZZ although the springs are different.

My car was lowered from stock with king lows (30-35mm drop) and I think I still have around 120mm clearance. (Not sure, would have to measure tonight when I get off work)

you'd have way more than that Azza. 120mm is 50mm drop territory, actually it's lower than that still. we'd have around 170mm of clearance with a 35mm drop to my knowledge. I remember measuring from the lowest point. I've seen a stivo with 100mm exact clearance and it just looked crazy low (mario ;) haha). Real low rider.

? This doesn't make sense then. I've measured mine and it is by no means that low.

look at coreys car. it's 100mm off the ground and the difference is massive in comparison to a 35mm drop. 120mm doesn't add up for me for some reason.

EDIT: Where are you guys measuring from?

ok - ROB - Smarty pants....

My sideskirts are 145 at the lowest point....

By getting my guts dirty, I got hlaf under the car and measure at the lowest point, which appears to be the rear exhaust just before it heads over the rear axle(?)....

120mm..... blah.....

the lowest point is actually on the exhaust just passed the Cat I think.

My car has 150mm to the lowest point of the chassis with stock suspension. So Azza's 120mm sounds about right.

Dave, do you reakon you could measure to the highest point of the wheel arch. That's the easiest point for comparison.

Can you do front and back as well

Cheers Mate :D

you're meant to measure from the wheel center to the guard to measure the height for comparative purposes, then things like wheel diameter, tyre width/profile/pressure etc dont come into play.

i understand ride height as that generally but maybe the question means something else like ground clearance then i think you would be looking at side skirts and under chassis

Edited by kcorro

Queensland Transport's Guidelines...

The road clearance of a fully laden vehicle must not be less than 100mm measured at any part of the vehicle other than the wheel rim or brake backing plates. (This does not apply where a lesser clearance has been specified by the manufacturer.)

When lowering or raising a vehicle body (front or rear), the following additional restrictions are based on the manufacturer's dimensions for the standard unmodified vehicle while unladen:

• The ride height measured between the rubber bump stop and the corresponding metal stop may be reduced by no more than one third.

• The rebound travel measured between the rubber rebound stop and the corresponding metal stop (or the extension of the shock absorber for vehicles without a rebound stop) may be reduced by no more than one third.

• Coil springs are to remain in locating seats on full suspension droop without forcibly being removed.

It then goes on about how you can and can't lower the car....

Here is the link to the Qld Transport Booklet I got this from Here

Dylan we are all at work. I can't check myself as my car is over in the multistory cawwwr pawwwwrk.

Azza is probably in the same position and all he can do is draft whatever info he can off the net until he gets back to his car.

We'll Give you some info later on tonite, or unless someone can get to their cawwwwwr now?

Dylan we are all at work. I can't check myself as my car is over in the multistory cawwwr pawwwwrk.

Azza is probably in the same position and all he can do is draft whatever info he can off the net until he gets back to his car.

We'll Give you some info later on tonite, or unless someone can get to their cawwwwwr now?

HAHAHAHAHA

it's alright, I could just see this slowly being dragged OT... there's no rush on the numbers, I'm just curious.

mostly for NRMA reasons of stupidity...

I'd like to compare to a few other cars stock ride height and explain why there is such a discrepancy on how low different cars can drop to.

the measure from hubcentre to the highest point of the wheel arch is what I want...

345mm on my car with king lows (30-35mm drop)

you're meant to measure from the wheel center to the guard to measure the height for comparative purposes, then things like wheel diameter, tyre width/profile/pressure etc dont come into play.

Front: 380mm

Rear 390mm

Those are give or take a little due to a couple of factors.