need help with my COILOVERS ASAP PLEASE?!?!

KaZe-

hi all,

first of all it didint allow me to post in the suspension and brake section so yer...

orrite he goes its been about 3 days since it started or i noticed...

im driving and my front left coil sounds funny when i slowly take off or reverese lyk a door creaking open sound..... ok so today when i got home decided to take the wheel off and have a look.

so i took off the left one and notcied that my coil round things the 2 bits arent tight so i can even twist it with my hands.... which to me looked bad!!

so then i tightened it but soon relised that it probly would of moved place so i took off the right wheel and compared it there was a huge space so i started twisting it with the coil tool up so the spring moved up

as in this picture

SP_A0057.jpg

as u can see the darker area was where the 2 things where and i twisted it up that much but then when i was getting the mesurments from the right side i noticed somthing strange about it... which was this

as in this picture

SP_A0055.jpg

so as u can all see there is a major difference which is where the bottom black part in the 1st picture is higher away from the bottom purple part and the other one is very close to the bottom purple part??

so thats it can some1 PLEASE help me or shead some light on this for me im gonna go to a suspension place 2mmorow but just wanna hear wat u guys have to say first

Cheers ALL for the help and comments

Steve,

Your front left has been lowered with the spring by the looks man instead of the shock being shortened. To my knowledge the one on the right is a perfect example of how it should look. I'm new to this as well, but the right looks fine.

Get Brian to look at it man ;)

1st thing - the left spring was set too low, there should be no sping movement when the strut is unloaded, ie when you jack the car up, if you can lift the spring off the seat it is too low. The reason for this is that if you are driving along and the wheel bounces the spring can move around and wear the components and possibly not reseat properly.

2nd thing - The sway bar link is set WAY too low in the right coilover. You will find your steering arm and sway bar make contact as you get closer to full lock. This will wear out your sway bar and steering arm and also prevent you from reaching full lock properly, if at all.

a little bit of column A... and a little bit of column B...

set the spings 1st... then set the strut to the height you want (turning the whole strut assembly)... then align the swaybar sleaves and check the steering lock in both directions making sure there is plenty of room spare between the swaybar and the steering arm.

Everything should look the same on both sides, if you have some micrometers to measure everything, use them... if not... improvise...

didint take it back to the installer... my fren that didint charge me fixed it up for me he said that the installer didint tighting the black thingy and also didint zip tie my abs brake cable so it f**ed up my abs line...

Steve,

Edited by KaZe-StiVo