new car

hey guys im Chris i was supposed to put a deposit on a Sportivo tonight but something happened so ill have to wait for the nrma inspection for the all clear and by next weekend it will be on my driveway, its a 2003 model with 28,000km on it it has a few big scratches and a small dent on the back but nothing that $$ wont fix. get my licence back soon so i couldnt get to drive it and he didnt go into lift lol, ill probably see some of use in the meet when i can drive.. lets hope no one buys it until next week haha cyaa :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

21600 yea?

this is what it says on RTA website

"Stamp duty is levied by the Office of State Revenue when a vehicle is registered in a new name. The RTA collects stamp duty on behalf of the Office of State Revenue. You pay stamp duty on the market value of the vehicle or the price you paid, whichever is greater.

Stamp duty is calculated at 3% of the market value up to $45,000 and 5% on the value over $45,000.

For example, the stamp duty for a vehicle with a market value of $50,000 is calculated as:

Stamp Duty on $45,000 at 3% = $1,350

Stamp Duty on $5,000 at 5% = $250

Total Stamp Duty $1,600 "

END QUOTE.

stamp duty is $648 based on that amount youve given. i used the registration duty calculator to figure that out.. not the figures in the rta quote i added above.

check this website 2 calculate your stampduty

Motor vehicle registration duty calculator

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/erevenue/calcula...motorsimple.php

Edited by JJCRU23R

I just transferred to NSW plates from Victorian, total cost 12months rego + stamp duty was $920

thats not including the blue slip & green slip

you can safely say its going to be 3% of the purchase value of the car.

one of the easiest ways the government makes money *grumbles*

Wow! Nice, like I hate you cos' I still have a Ascent Sedan, like i wanna suffocate my dad in his sleep. LOL

You Should Be Fricken Greatful!!! Stop Complaining!!!

exactly... some of us have to actually work and pay for our cars... :rolleyes:

imagine that... :whistling:

Depending on the age of the person, i am 19 and i am pumping alot of my income into payments for my tivo and my insurance is not helping, good luck with me getting anymore mods i get paid then look back in my bank account and wonder where it has all gone :angry:

if its really that bad then sell your car it was your choice to buy it in the first place, of you can cope stop complaining, i had to pay for my car too

yea im 20 and i get a excellent weekly pay but my insurance is 3700 and im modding my car soon but im still thinking of putting it under my dads name with nrma for $2500 (excluding accident and suspension so it will go up) so i have about 3 weeks to think about it because the mods ill do nrma wont let me the pigs.