Stage 1 in hope 2 inspire others

xoom

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that's going to surprise a lot of mps 3 owners... good on ya. :D

Well thats the plan .... oh and a few bigger fish as well hopefully :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

ah nice,bout time

anyway quick question when installing the lsd, did they break the 6th gear, also what parts did they replace when installing the lsd,ill be doing this the lsd install in the 6 speed i just picked up,so hopefully wont be that hard,thanks

cheers

Edited by ralyrt

ah nice,bout time

anyway quick question when installing the lsd, did they break the 6th gear, also what parts did they replace when installing the lsd,ill be doing this the lsd install in the 6 speed i just picked up,so hopefully wont be that hard,thanks

cheers

Yes 6th gear was broken putting in the lsd so a new one went in.... what do u mean by which parts were replaced ?

U going helical or clutch type ?

You have about a 80% chance of breaking 6th when pullling the box apart. and as for the other 20% well i would like to have it replaced anyway. They broke mine when I had my gearbox repaired and told me it had a bit of a whine so they replaced it. :lol:

As for racing MPS owners... it'll be a case of race you to the hairdressers. B)

im putting in whatever's in my stock 5 speed, i think its just a stock toyota helical type,

also for parts, i meant as in clips,washes, shims, bearings etc, or anything needed for a clean install.

also is the 6th gear expensive, have u got are pic of it while its broken, still thinking if should do the install myself, looks harder than it is.

cheers

Damn that's going to surprise a lot of mps 3 owners... good on ya. :D

Well thats the plan .... oh and a few bigger fish as well hopefully :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Alert sounded on the Mazda forums :P In the times of turbocharged hot hatches, the ladder goes like this.. Bill will have to take down the Astra SRI turbo first, then the Golf GTI, XR5 Turbo, Renault Megane F1, and maybe the HSV VXR before the Mazda 3 MPS :P :P Hopefully by that time Bill would have overheated so the Mazda has a better chance :lol: But seriously that's a very nice job with the 2zz Bill, that turbo of yours looks better than mine.. what is it? wanna swap with my Hitachi K04? :lol:

Would be interesting to see what sort of torque it will punch out. Power to weight definitely goes to the Stivo. Can't wait to see more stuff like intercooler setup, oil cooler for track?... were the stock injectors giving enough fuel?

Edited by ZEEROLLA

call me crazy but i would prefer a stroker kit.. fully reinforced N/A beast :spiteful:

you have much to learn young grasshopper if you think that will compete with an F/I 2zz engine

Why does sixth gear break when opening up the box?

it just happens because of the way you need to pull the box appart .... even toyota couldnt do it without breaking 6th :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Would be interesting to see what sort of torque it will punch out. Power to weight definitely goes to the Stivo. Can't wait to see more stuff like intercooler setup, oil cooler for track?... were the stock injectors giving enough fuel?

Still sorting cooling setup .... and injectors will be replaced .... stocks wont supply enough fuel.

yes not enough karate kid films can sort me out :lol: i was just thinking from a cost point of view seeing a blitz kit can set you back say 8k easy after the install and lets not mention you havent even forged your internals, clutch upgrade, brakes, lsd etc before that. In all honesty xoom how much has stage 1 cost you? Do i really want to know? i think its great that your breaking free and being unique but for me... After all the stuffing around with install, time, money, bla bla f88k it just sell the rolla and buy an evo and be done with it :lol:

yes not enough karate kid films can sort me out :lol: i was just thinking from a cost point of view seeing a blitz kit can set you back say 8k easy after the install and lets not mention you havent even forged your internals, clutch upgrade, brakes, lsd etc before that. In all honesty xoom how much has stage 1 cost you? Do i really want to know? i think its great that your breaking free and being unique but for me... After all the stuffing around with install, time, money, bla bla f88k it just sell the rolla and buy an evo and be done with it :lol:

LOL .... yes ... wax on wax off .....

I guess the reality is the stroker setup will set you back exactly what its going to cost u 2 build the engine for F/I ....

Then u mentioned the s/c kit well that will be on par with a turbo install as well.

So u can see the diff between the 2 options $$$ wise isnt any difference.

Trust me ive done my research ;)

As you could very well bolt the turbo onto ur stock engine and just run the same amount of boost as the blitz kit 6-8psi ..... and that will cost u the same $8K .....

So u can see it doesnt make that much of a difference ..... where it will make a difference is if u bolt this s/c kit 2 the car or custom turbo setup on the stock engine then my concern would be your engine reliability .....

and how do you offset this ? well build ur engine and once again ur doing this proceeding down both paths ....

Really each to their own ....

True very true, was under the stupid assumption that stroking it mite be cheaper bang for your buck but I phoned meridian motorsport in Vic and 5k plus not to mention install and tune they charge doesn’t leave much change to make it just an est 250hp+ engine (or so they say). But last I read the yanks (project celica) had installed a blitz kit and with the blitz ecu and only got 200hp atw?.

Also in your opinion how long on stock internals would a 2zz last on a blitz/turbo kit? That’s just under normal factory boost (6 to 8 psi). And whats the bare minimum you should do internally to forge out the 2zz anyway? Forgive my ignorance master zoom for my knowledge of FI is limited.

True very true, was under the stupid assumption that stroking it mite be cheaper bang for your buck but I phoned meridian motorsport in Vic and 5k plus not to mention install and tune they charge doesn’t leave much change to make it just an est 250hp+ engine (or so they say). But last I read the yanks (project celica) had installed a blitz kit and with the blitz ecu and only got 200hp atw?.

Also in your opinion how long on stock internals would a 2zz last on a blitz/turbo kit? That’s just under normal factory boost (6 to 8 psi). And whats the bare minimum you should do internally to forge out the 2zz anyway? Forgive my ignorance master zoom for my knowledge of FI is limited.

could they run have run different smaller gear on the SC therefore raising the boost?

could they run have run different smaller gear on the SC therefore raising the boost?

its not all about power at the wheels, its about grunt or torque and the power/torque curves. With FI there will be so much more torque available and a much flatter torque curve. Obviously the more hp we can get the better but i think blitz wanted to tune something that is reliable yet be much better to drive on the street for eg. overtaking, driving up hills etc.

The 250hp storker setup i believe is a guestimate of 250hp @ the flywheel .... and yeah the s/c seem to be pushing 220-235hp @ the wheels so again guessing this puts the s/c ahead on power .... well it should and considering the charger is always on the larger displacement should not out do it from a torque and off the line grunt perspective ..... again though what ever tickles ur fancy

Also in your opinion how long on stock internals would a 2zz last on a blitz/turbo kit? That’s just under normal factory boost (6 to 8 psi).

Mate over in the states u may have seen the links i posted but the MWR guys are really stretching the engine 2 its limits and pushing some huge pony's and backing it up with the track times 2 match ..... however they have also gone through 2 engines .... lol .... in all honesty its anyones guess .... i have read how some guys have put 100K miles and the car is still going strong while others popped their baby in less than 5k miles .... This to me says maybe its not the engine thats the problem AS LONG AS u drive like a sane human and understand u have force fed an engine which out of the box wasnt built to be turbo'ed .... So the question for me is did the guys who blew their engines really drive their cars off their nuts ???? and chances are no 1 will admit it worried they will look like an idiot ..... the other part is alot of people who have popped an engine will say but i wasnt even killing it when it happend ..... chances are the previous 2000 times u r.a.p.e.d it is what caused the damage and it just happened that at that point in time it gave way.

And whats the bare minimum you should do internally to forge out the 2zz anyway? Forgive my ignorance master zoom for my knowledge of FI is limited.

mate the stronger u build it lets hope that will make her last longer for u .... as there is no protection from blowing an engine because someone drove the car beyond its limits .... regarding bare minimum ... mate since u got it open it would be a waste not 2 do everything .....

yes u could alter the cogs on the charger but u have 2 remember the charger itself will have a maximum rpm rating so u dont want 2 go insane 2 the point that it will blow .... the largest amount of boost ive seen out of a greddy kit has been 10.5psi by fiddling with the setup but the response from those guys was they believe the charger was now @ its limit .....

I was having this argument with my bro last nite cause he has a fully sik skyline gts thats got this and that :P , and i said yeah you def spend less to make that go faster as compared to a stivo but the uniqueness you cant take that away if you did something like boosting a 2zz, and thats what people notice in my opinion. That and i think people are tired of the same old "fully sik" cars on the road e.g skylines, silveas,vl's,rexys, there all just boring now. Thats my 2 cents.

Needless to say if i won the lotto i sure as hell wouldnt have my rolla...mmmmm new bmw m3 :spiteful:

the is something to be said about uniqueness though, that some people just don't understand...

... Love you're work Bill... keep it up :D

Look at it this way. If he is pulling low 13s, then he is saving money not buying an EVO.

the is something to be said about uniqueness though, that some people just don't understand...

... Love you're work Bill... keep it up :D

Look at it this way. If he is pulling low 13s, then he is saving money not buying an EVO.

That would be something to see a tivo pulling low 13s...