heat insulation

1zzfewagon

ACL the makers of pistons&rings, engine bearings, gaskets etc.... Make a heat shield material available in two different large sheets this stuff is amazing! It can be moulded around any shape and is used by race cars for heat shielding around turbos, exhaust systems and what ever else you wanna do with it, It is also very good at being used for sound-deadening. It is also very light weight it is a sandwiched ceramic/fibre glass type material between a light weigt alloy!! My mate uses it on his drag cars and said it is the BEST heat shield you can buy; he said the heat transferr is that good you can place your hand on the heat shield that is covering the turbo manifold and not get burnt!! This is on a tube framed 8.2 sec 2JZGTE :clap::toast: Oh yeah and it around $50 for the small sheet which is around 1m x 40cm and there is a larger sheet available but i am not sure on the dimensions.

i saw a guy's celica gt4 wrapped these insulation stuff all round his engine and under his bonnet...

are the differences noticable???

since u will be spending at least 1-2 hundreds buckssss for it....

worth the money??

:P

Why? all that would do is hold the heat in... you could wrap individual componants that require heat shielding such as headers, intakes, Turbo (to stop the heat generated effecting the entire engine bay), but the engine? It's actually better to let the engine breathe and allow air to flow over it. Covering the entire engine just sounds stupid to me.

thanks everyone for your help and inputs!!

Clark rubber was the go!!! :idea:

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Whats the advantages?

now I can hear my xforce muffler :lol: ...no more engine noise...and i guess it will protect your paint in the long run :unsure:

Roy also has a pretty BLING *see glossary/definitions* sound system, so i guess it will also aid in muscial clarity, as it eliminates engine noise - enhancing the audio appreciation of the driver and occupants inside :toast: - now with the glossary section, every one's a frikkin' academic

looks good. since they are just pushed into the gapz, any chance of them falling out of place?

don't think so dude...tested it up to 150k/hr(while overtaking a lancer full of ralliart stickers...hehehe)....didn't even moved...

plus since we have a cooling panel ..air would be directed to the rad anyway.. ;)

Edited by 1zzfewagon