A few other INTAKES

does the jap ever use a CAI?

are there any other jap manufacturers that makes cai?

anyway... better throttle response? does that mean.. SRI is better on windy tracks...

different track use different intakes??

lol.. i know nothing.. just wanna know y JAPS use SRI.. and US use CAI

should get gazzom and a cai guy... test it out!!

Edited by XploShun

Gents,

In my diy CAI design i used a wrx cai kit i picked up and modded it to fit mr prefacelift. it worked awesome and now live in Dave's car (YDOIT4)

Another one has come on the market.

Cheap WRX CAI

the guy wants 120 for it.

I reakon you could pick it up for 100.

All u need is a hack saw and 1 extra silicon joiner (13 bucks from autobarn) and i'll show you how to turn it into a full sik CAI.

TRD is not covered by TMC warranty unless it is part of the new arrangement where TMC are selling TRD speced vehicles and accessories (which none of our cars are covered under)

However, as TRD is licensed by TMC to manufacture products for Toyota (and Lexus) vehicles, and are manufactured using the supplied specs from TMC, what you will find is that TMC is less likely to void warranty based on the use of TRD parts.

EG: Use of a CES intake may be seen as voiding warranty if proven that the CAI has contributed to the fault being presented to service. If the Intake was a TRD one, you will find that there are less hassles in having your claim covered under warranty.

I call it Amsterdam Theory: Not exactly legal/accepted, but tolerated.....

My 2c worth

But at the end of the day and back to the initial subject, the difference between the CAI and the SRI will at the end of the day never really be fully calculated unless (a) before and after dyno's are administered and (B) SRI appears not to be fully viable unless it is housed in a compartment sealed from the rest of the engine bay and a dedicated bonnet vent/scoop fitted

You have to remember too with CAI, is that the CAI pipe is designed to bring air from the lowest point of the engine bay to the throttle in the most direct route whereas the standard intake snokle makes about 49000turns.... (slightly exaggerated but you get the drift)

I guess, if you spin the CAI pipe around and poke the thing directly out of the top of the bonnet and have it recieving direct cold air from the flow of the airsteam, it will never be as effective as we would like. In saying that though, how more effective would this then be over a SRI.

With all said and done, either option will provide an improvement over the stock airbox setup.

Thats me, and say hi to your mum for me.....

Cheers

Aaron

TRD CAI is now in properly! took me 3hours but yeah! Damn it sounds gooood!

I thought you had the TRD CAI on your car ages ago what happened?

Ssshhhhhh ;) ;)

Those with the new shift performance CAI how much did you get it for?? I went there and asked and he said $470 installed :o :o . They said they fixed the problem with the facelifts, they just use a smaller KnN cone filter.

Those with the new shift performance CAI how much did you get it for?? I went there and asked and he said $470 installed :o :o . They said they fixed the problem with the facelifts, they just use a smaller KnN cone filter.

i paid $299

and dont pay for install .. find someone on the forum who can install for you and buy them lunch

its a sinch

Had a feeling i was being ripped off. :P :P but i kept smiling. I remember other members quoting that price, this intake it pretty good value compared to the brandnames. As i just found out its the same diameter as the TRD unit, whereas the simota was onli 60mm.

Time to save up. <_< Im still undecided to get either a CAI or apexi power intake kit. I can souce the apexi kit for $220 thats the whole kit made for our cars. Includes the filter, maf bracket pipe and all screws as well. Good value i must say, plus its different.

For those intersted this is from a trader on ozhonda BT revolution for the apexi kit

Edited by JAZE55