Turbo Sportivo Vs Civic VTIR Hatch

Hey guys and gals...

hhmm not sure if its the exams stress thats getting to me..or am i just itching to get my hands on the all familiar Vtec rush..

had a thought over the weekend whilst studying..and was thinking if i shld put my Sportivo in the market for sale..and if i get the right price..let it go and hunt for an EK hatch..its something i've always wanted to drive..being a vtec person since i got my licence..and now that my gf's got an EK sedan..the urge to get myself an EK hatch has grown even stronger...

so share ur thoughts with me guys..shld i or shld i not?.........

cheers

Do it :P :P . But the EK4 and EM1 go for quite a bit. They hold their value very well however. Awesome car non the less, but they have no torque at all compared to your model sportivo. Easy car to mod with alot of aftermarket support, compared to our cars.

Edited by JAZE55

Do it :P :P . But the EK4 and EM1 go for quite a bit. They hold their value very well however. Awesome car non the less, but they have no torque at all compared to your model sportivo. Easy car to mod with alot of aftermarket support, compared to our cars.

yeah...thats actually the biggest plus point of the swap..the parts..there's no **** for my sportivo..sigh

VTEC is for ppl who can't afford boost.

I don't understand why your're going a step backwards

well..i guess partly its for the love of hondas..and power wise..both both abt the same output..so not much diff there right?But if i do keep the sportivo..then i'll start more mods..exhaust..and possibly boost controller..

Edited by GReddy_ES

well..i guess partly its for the love of hondas..and power wise..both both abt the same output..so not much diff there right?But if i do keep the sportivo..then i'll start more mods..exhaust..and possibly boost controller..

althought there isnt much power difference mate the torque difference should be noticable ...... get some light weight mods happening and ull love the stivo again ;) ;) ;)

There's heaps of difference between NA and forced inducted engines with similar power output. Forced Inducted engines will reach its peak power much quicker than an NA, thus have more acceleration.

Eg. A Wrx with 155kW easily out accelerates the S2000 with 175kW although the Wrx is a heavier car. This is in a rolling start so traction is taken out of the equation.

althought there isnt much power difference mate the torque difference should be noticable ...... get some light weight mods happening and ull love the stivo again ;) ;) ;)

thanks Bill..actually..after a gd nights rest..with the brain filled with O2 again..its thinking straight now..the EK hatch will live on as a dream..maybe next time...dun get me wrong..i do like the Sportivo..the shape esp!thats why i bought it to replace the previous bugeye..hehe..u're right..think LIGHT!!!! :clap:

i think if you get the civic you will love specially if ya put a cai and some good exhaust on, i had a vtir coupe b4 the stivo, and i love the b16a, it sounded so good that i go out for a drive just want to hear it, very fun car and chuckable, i still miss it til this days, if it wasnt the baby i would of kept it

i think if you get the civic you will love specially if ya put a cai and some good exhaust on, i had a vtir coupe b4 the stivo, and i love the b16a, it sounded so good that i go out for a drive just want to hear it, very fun car and chuckable, i still miss it til this days, if it wasnt the baby i would of kept it

yeah i know what u mean..i used to drive a black EK4 Sir(B16a as well) in singapore..really great to drive...i still miss that till today..but unfortunately there's no Sir here in Aust. just the VTIR..but its the same engine..just different body..nonetheless still a great car!

Keep the sportivo.....how much power can be extracted out of the 7AGTE until you start braking things?? IIRC it was around 150-160kw or more with a safe tune.

150-160!!thats alot..compared to the 120 on paper stock...must be alot of money spent

Thats why keep it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Look around in the celica forums on 7AFTE build ups, and you can always cross over to the 7AGTE which involves combining both the 7afe and 4age to procduce the 7age or GTE. I did some brief research on the corolla turbo as I was deciding between the turbo and the new corolla sportivo. I didn't like the look of the AE112 (I think) corollas, so I got the ZZE123 instead. If it looked alright, I would of went for the turbo model.

You can acheive 160kw at the wheels...but thats pushing the limits of the engine. 160kw at the flywheel would be the safer upper limit.

Edited by Suprathai

Thats why keep it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Look around in the celica forums on 7AFTE build ups, and you can always cross over to the 7AGTE which involves combining both the 7afe and 4age to procduce the 7age or GTE. I did some brief research on the corolla turbo as I was deciding between the turbo and the new corolla sportivo. I didn't like the look of the AE112 (I think) corollas, so I got the ZZE123 instead. If it looked alright, I would of went for the turbo model.

You can acheive 160kw at the wheels...but thats pushing the limits of the engine. 160kw at the flywheel would be the safer upper limit.

i'm just the opposite of u..i prefer my car body shape to the current hatches..hehee but yeah i think strengthening the whole engine with rod pistons..basically with a bit more work on it and a bigger turbo would get me there..

by just changing to a better exhaust from the turbo back you will pick up a good 10-20kw atw.

The change from a stock exhaust to a 3" exhaust on my chaser provided a 45kw atw improvement, but that's a 2.5L straight 6 turbo.

by just changing to a better exhaust from the turbo back you will pick up a good 10-20kw atw.

The change from a stock exhaust to a 3" exhaust on my chaser provided a 45kw atw improvement, but that's a 2.5L straight 6 turbo.

yeah i'm thinking of fitting my exhaust back on..2.5" turbo back..but i didn't realise the gain would be that good.. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

i would go with the EK but then again thats me :P

b16 has even more potential then the 2zz lols.

even though it cannot compare with the gains made from a turbo car, the honda b16 can gain alot beter then the 2zz. and there's HEAPS of aftermarket support for it.

Having heaps of power is easy, but keeping that power to the ground is the hard part lol.

Don't get me wrong i love your car and how it looks and turbo thats just a bonus! but im honda by heart. lol

Edited by vyets