word of warning

I guess at the end of the day, we are talking about usually more major issues with the cars that they are gonna try and knock back, like engine rebuilds and replacements....I cant see TMC giving 2 shades of dog sh!t about me fitting eyelids to my car

Hey good thread guys.

In Marketing, forums have always been regarded as an easy source of market research (Tom-Tom can clarify). I used to wonder whether Toyota executives lurked around here to find that sort of stuff (I asked Rob aaaaages ago), turns out they do! Ah well maybe they can find out that the cars coming from factory clearly aren't as great as they think, judging by the list of mods on some of our cars. Let's see what TRD gives us.....

Jimmy... Have you ever wondered why Toyota Australia are big on the whole TRD thing all of a sudden?

I'm pretty sure it's not because of the Camry drivers... :rolleyes::whistling::whistling::whistling: ;)

I can't say I've ever had problems with Warranty or my Service Manager.

They know everything that's changed on my car (Even commented many times that they like it) and have tightened my rear sway bar bolts no if's or but's when it was loose last year. They know that I'm a fussy/picky customer and their service is great.

Just remember that the Internet is a source of information for all to use, so you'd be silly to think that TMC doesn't refer to this and other similar forums for feedback and research, especially given that this site has been mentioned by members themselves to service departments with reference to the earlier Sportivo problems.

I'm in that boat too, I had a few legitimate Warranty claims and never had an issue other then the clutch adjustment, but that was sorted pretty easily itself too... At the end of the day, if you are going to fudge the system like Northy tried to, you will get caught. He did damn well to get a free gearbox out of them though ;)

Yeah I do recall something on here about this site being the reason for the ECU recall for the 2ZZ Corollas... I read something involving Bill I think, or some other guy who doesn't post anymore...

This is correct...

Hey good thread guys.

In Marketing, forums have always been regarded as an easy source of market research (Tom-Tom can clarify). I used to wonder whether Toyota executives lurked around here to find that sort of stuff (I asked Rob aaaaages ago), turns out they do! Ah well maybe they can find out that the cars coming from factory clearly aren't as great as they think, judging by the list of mods on some of our cars. Let's see what TRD gives us.....

Jimmy... Have you ever wondered why Toyota Australia are big on the whole TRD thing all of a sudden?

I'm pretty sure it's not because of the Camry drivers... :rolleyes::whistling::whistling::whistling: ;)

I can't say I've ever had problems with Warranty or my Service Manager.

They know everything that's changed on my car (Even commented many times that they like it) and have tightened my rear sway bar bolts no if's or but's when it was loose last year. They know that I'm a fussy/picky customer and their service is great.

Just remember that the Internet is a source of information for all to use, so you'd be silly to think that TMC doesn't refer to this and other similar forums for feedback and research, especially given that this site has been mentioned by members themselves to service departments with reference to the earlier Sportivo problems.

I'm in that boat too, I had a few legitimate Warranty claims and never had an issue other then the clutch adjustment, but that was sorted pretty easily itself too... At the end of the day, if you are going to fudge the system like Northy tried to, you will get caught. He did damn well to get a free gearbox out of them though ;)

Yeah I do recall something on here about this site being the reason for the ECU recall for the 2ZZ Corollas... I read something involving Bill I think, or some other guy who doesn't post anymore...

This is correct...

lol he's not the only one mate :whistling:

its how persuasive and manipulative u r with what u say to the service guys, isn't that right SB? :yahoo:

Edited by wei wei

they fixed the gearbox cause they ****** it and got caught with there hands in my cookie jar

ahhhh thats right .... the good old monitoring equipment in the car and catching the toyota mechanic driving @ over 160km/h and redlining each gear trick ..... ahhhhhhh mate and i was sure i was told that the car was never meant to be driven over 6000rpm's ..... <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

they fixed the gearbox cause they ****** it and got caught with there hands in my cookie jar

ahhhh thats right .... the good old monitoring equipment in the car and catching the toyota mechanic driving @ over 160km/h and redlining each gear trick ..... ahhhhhhh mate and i was sure i was told that the car was never meant to be driven over 6000rpm's ..... <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

WTF!!!

What do you mean monitoring equipment in the car?

Apexi RSM. The part about redlining each gear is pure speculation, as the RSM doesn't record gears. And the spring popping out of the clutch plate was the cause of the "gearbox issue"

Apexi RSM. The part about redlining each gear is pure speculation, as the RSM doesn't record gears. And the spring popping out of the clutch plate was the cause of the "gearbox issue"

yes but it does record the max value for both Speed and RPM and i reset both in the carpark at toyota before i gave them the keys. When they are 160+ and 8750 you know that they have been going faster then they should have :P

yes but it does record the max value for both Speed and RPM and i reset both in the carpark at toyota before i gave them the keys. When they are 160+ and 8750 you know that they have been going faster then they should have :P

No no no no corey surely that they only went to that rpm value in 1 of the gears as yes jason is right i am only speculating ..... the toyota mechanics would have only done it to make sure it can work the whole rev range and yes im in total defence of their actions and how dare u PURELY SPECULATE that they would attempted to do anything that the car is supposidly unable to handle !!!!!!!!

Now that we get ourselves out of lala land and back to reality (give urself a pinch jase just to make sure ur awake :P :P :P) ...... considering toyota's definition of speculation pretty much borders on actual fact when discussing warrenty claims with customers .... as they always SPECULATE that the car was driven inappropriatly in this case corey has firm evidence of it so i think they are a bunch of morons who got caught doing the wrong thing which they keep preaching to customers not to do !!!!!! Hypocrites !!!!!!!!

I didnt say it wasnt redlined, Corey had no record of "redlining each gear", just that it did hit the figure listed. I'd expect the max speed to be much higher if those revs were reached in each gear.

I didnt say it wasnt redlined, Corey had no record of "redlining each gear", just that it did hit the figure listed. I'd expect the max speed to be much higher if those revs were reached in each gear.

Who cares about how many gears they did it in, I'd b fuming even if they did it in one gear!

I would be too....

maybe we shout stakeout Toyota dealers when they service our cars, then follow them for their road tests...

Why do they do road tests after an oil change anyway.... ;)

I know u didnt say it was redlined .... i said it was redlined :P :P :P :P :P

But considering they got it moving upto 160km/h & the highest rpm reading was over 8000 rpms there is enough probable cause and that they had the opportunity for 1->3 (not all 6 gears as it appears how u've understood my statement) to be in the red and considering they've given customers feedback about not using lift and never going above 6000 rpm's all im saying is they are such hypocrits .... nothing more ......