Universal CAI?

selyaT

it depends how hardcore you are. all those little grooves the whole way up are going to disrupt your air flow, but i doubt enough to make a difference.

i reckon if that thing is less than $100 it's worth it, but you still can't beat a beautiful polised stainless CAI pipe.

the other thing to consider is that our CAI's are so expensive because we need the MAF sensor mount welded onto the pipes, so the best you will get with that one will be a pipe from the sensor down...

agreed with steinny, u pay for what u get,i personally wouldnt lash out on a non reputable CAI, esp the way it looks in that pic..looks too.....uuum poo!! too many corners,a CAI should be smooth in design & doesnt even look like its got a sensor block on it too...the sound once uve installed one of these babies are great & with a matching exhaust ull be the belle of the town..

stick to the reputable brands..good luck

has anyone got this type of CAI from carmate or anything if so can you post some pics or juts give me some feed back in regards to this type....i know you wont get as must cold air as the original TRD and the others that go straight to the fog light but still would do the job.....

untitledbdhgdfhgd.jpg

trertert.jpg

^^^^^^^^^ is this speciffically for the corolla?? how much.. short ram **** yeah baby thats what im talking about.. torque and response all the way over top power

hmmm just looked its 170 bucks.. no filter - also for the 1.8 vvti - so whats the consenses on using it on a sportivo

Edited by sportiv

Just saw this while I was surfing...

Monza_Pipe1.jpg

I have one thats very much like this, sounds just as good as any other type of CIA, has no more corners than any other CIA and there's no grooves, the joins mount flush together. You can get all sorts of lenths and angles so you can direct it wherever you want.

and they come with a sensor mount.

Edited by RoLLing BLK

^^^^^^^^^ is this speciffically for the corolla?? how much.. short ram **** yeah baby thats what im talking about.. torque and response all the way over top power

hmmm just looked its 170 bucks.. no filter - also for the 1.8 vvti - so whats the consenses on using it on a sportivo

does it say what size it is? we found you need somthing bigger then 2.5" on the 2zz's else you will start to choke the engine when you get into lift...

short ram **** yeah baby thats what im talking about.. torque and response all the way over top power

You gonna seal it in a custom box with a bonnet vent or suck the warm engine bay air....

When did you get it and where from dude? How much did you pay?

i got it from on the run motor sports in Boxhill melb, great guys, they mainly deal with subaru and honda. There a buddyclub distributor if anyone wants buddyclub stuff. It took them a few hours to fit as i had lost the key for my alarm and they couldn't disconnect the battery. from memery it was around $300 fitted.

dsc01046tm2.jpg

Edited by RoLLing BLK

Just received my Short Ram Intake today from the states. Cost me $75 AUD all up!!

Dirt Cheap if you ask me!!

Its a 3" pipe, but internally its actually 2.7" so it should be ok going on the sportivo. Came with filter and all. but will be switching between an Apexi Power FC and K&N Xstream (Its $50 at Autobarn at the moment, get it while its cheap guys!!).

Will install tomorrow morning. Further down the track I will be looking into boxing it away from the hot air from the engine.

Cheers

Came with filter and all. but will be switching between an Apexi Power FC and K&N Xstream (Its $50 at Autobarn at the moment, get it while its cheap guys!!).

Now im guessing your actually refering to an apexi power intake air filter as seen in the picture below and not an apexi power FC as an apexi power FC is an after market ECU not an air filter ?????

But yes please do let us know how u go.

apexi-powerintake.jpg

Opps me bad, lol.

Yeah not Power FC (I'm wishing though)

Just installed it, couldn't reset the ECU because my alarm has a backup battery. Once you remove the battery it goes off. But initial impressions so far is mid range has improved. Can't comment much on lift as it gets stupidly loud and don't want to attract cops these days with double demerits and all.

Being listed as only $11 USD can't expect too much.

My current issues with it is, yes there is a few...

1. Its not bloody 3inch...its more like 2.8....which makes the internal diameter to be around 2.68~2.7inch.

2. The MAF sensor mount does not fit properly, need to do some filing to get it to fit.

3. Accessories that come with the kit is only half helpful. Only used the clamps.

But overall for just $75 AUD, I'm quite happy. All up it cost me aounrd $95 and about 20 mins.

Pics coming soon!!

Here are pics of it in the engine bay.

It fits ok at the moment, its rubbing slightly near the fusebox....but thats about it. This SRI was designed for the Matrix, so of course it wouldn't be a direct perfect fit. But with a little bit of force it is right now mounted securely.

I intend to make a airbox around it and run a 80-90mm feed to the box.