Sedan with lift?

Mopp

Hey ya all, This is a bit of a funny one i know.

Just wondering what it take to give a '04 sedan a 2zzfe engine, ie engine swap, comp, exhaust and will i need to get the thing engineered?

Or would it be cheaper to work the 1zzfe?

PM Northy for the price of a 2ZZ-GE but I thought it was around $10K with box, but I dont know if that was fitted or not, but bearing in mind you may then need to do brakes and stuff... (help me out here rollamods :D )

Some guys are doing Cold Air, and Exhaust with other little works and ggetting good results from the 1ZZ....

How about getting the TRD supercharger for it ? It'll still end up being slightly cheaper than swapping to a 2zz-ge and you'll have great low down power along with a decent hp increase. I think Penrith toyota can order it in and install it. Last time i checked, it was 6grand to get it ordered in (full kit iirc).

We have already had a supercharged 1ZZ sedan but for the life of me I cant remember the name of the bloke in NSW that did it.... blond moment

Azza, i think i know the one you're talking about. Saw it on carsales ages ago and it's still up on there i think. The owner is a member of this forum from what i've read.

If i had enough money to do a 2zz conversion, i personally would go for the supercharger add on instead hrmm.

the idea is to keep the body shape (i just love the sedan)

But yeah i reckon it might be a bit too expensive atm, just interested in the concept

yes ... i love the shape too .. and im sure if they had brought out a hatch and sedan version we'd see a few more sedans around compared to now ..

too bad they didnt ...

and yes .. ive thought about that concept too ........... here is the other question ... if you were going to do an engine conversion like that ... would the 2zz be your choice of engine ???? why be limited to a 2zz ??? :spiteful:

hmm, true but i was in the belief that i would not need to get a engineering cert for it if i went with the 2zz

But that is not founded by anything

Edited by Mopp

hmm, true but i was in the belief that i would not need to get a engineering cert for it if i went with the 2zz

But that is not founded by anything

in the words of vicky pollard ... ummm yeah but nah but yeah but nah ....

gotta get cert for that .. its not just the engine that needs to be swapped ....

Thanks for the info guys, i was just wondering what the feedback would be and the prices ou guys have given is about what i worked out and yeah not really worth it, could sell my car and buy something relly quick with the $30k i would have, so yeah thanks for the quick info and keep it coming as its all fun to read.

You guys are a great souce of info...

you got to think of re sale value too

Anyone that plans on resale value is a nong... :P

I would say rollamods had the best idea if you want some oomph in a sedan....get a wreck, invest in the tools and do a swap. Should be able to get everything for a decent price...

Thanks Egg, I remembered Grimlock's name the minute I turned my computer off.... DOH!!!!!!!