info n advice plz..

2fST4U

hey guys,

im goin to lower my car dis weekend and i've been looking around n stuff, n at first i was goin to get king springs as ppl fr here are happy wid their springs n got dem at a decent price...but wen i calld up, da cheapest price w/o alignment was $380 so i went looking elsewhere, n i've read abt this place calld "The suspension cente" in Kealba, near sunshine..and they have a gr8 reputation...wen i calld up they suggested tht i get my original springs re-coiled, which is also cheaper than changing my springs, so ill b gettin tht done dis week, any body have experience re-coiling der springs..?? n anyone heard of this place..?? wel ill let u noe how it turns out...

Getting your 'original springs re-coiled' simply means they will heat them up and COMPRESS THEM ... leavig u with a lower, but bumpier ride as the spring rate has decreased dramatically. Most insurance companies dont agree with it so be careful. IF you want to do it right the first time, spent the money and dont be a tightasss. Recoiling/Compressing springs might be a cheaper option for people who simply want to go lower, but for those who are performance orientated - compressing springs is definitely a backwards step.

Please don't!

Do your suspension properly. This is a part of the car you don't cut corners with.

If you do not quite have the money now, try to save for a little longer. I put off my suspension for 9 months and till I could do what was best. Believe me know I am so happy I did.

Cutting corners on the suspension can really compromise the safety of your car, it's not worth it!

the heating again and increaed tensioning of the original coils will make them more brittle a harder ride and more likely to damage your existing shocks. get new ones that way they can match then to you existing shocks recoil rate

i very much agree with i livfor6

i second what ilivfor6 said. if you like i can help you to lower your car and to get king springs. i will do it for free i like playing mechanic :)

Definitely agree with all the above comments, save up for something good otherwise you'll start to regret like me. Now I'm on the hunt for a new set up as well. Hey Ilivfor6, how much did you whole setup set you back by? I hear from sport1vo that it's really nice.

e-gene you can have my front and rear struts and shockers. use your factory springs and voila no problems in suspension.

i must say with kings they sag a lot over time. just look in the gallery for pictures over time. going lower is a good thing to me though as i want to be closer to the ground.