Lovells Springs $500 fitted/alligned

ZEEROLLA

Whiteline actually supplies springs to Lovells and Dobinsons. I can get Whiteline springs for $320 but has to get it fitted and alligned which would bump the price close to $500, hence i am inclined to go for the Lovells offer.

Cheers,

Zee

I was quoted between $400-$440 for Kings but for some reason the suspension place here can't seem to get Kings for my car. Hence i looked at other brands and would like to try Whiteline. But will probably go with Lovells Super Sport, not the Super Low.

one way to find out if something is expensive is to contact the factory/manufacturer for their retail price.

add the retail price of the springs to a wheel alignment which is $30 for the front. therefore the balance is the labour and this should be $25-$40 per corner. the retail price for lovells is $240 a set.

i did my car and it is dam easy when you have a jack, the sockets and a breaker bar. i am surprised not more of us diy.

kcorro is right.... it is dead easy.... the most time consuming part is getting all the interior trim out of the back..... you can easily save yourself a couple of hundred bucks by DIYing (money to spend on other things ;) ) then just go and get a wheel allignment for max $50....

It's more the time for me when it comes to DIY. Anything that takes me more than half an hour i will rather pay someone to do it. Call me lazy or anything but isn't that why we have people called mechanics? :P

I am thinking of getting TRD Springs now after seeing them on the Bruce's site. Are they the same as Eibach Springs? I remember someone mentioning something about it.

not sure about the 1zz corollas..

but the sportivo have bumpstops stock (i thought most cars do)

and they were just cut in half and put back into the suspension.

Tein S-Tech is said to give u 2.75' drop, some even said it'll settle at 3' lower! WOOHOOOO!!!

did you get this from usa? be careful because their corollas are different.

zze122 and zze123 have bump stops as most cars do. i did not cut mine as i think it is silly to do so because of bottoming out.

map81 did you cut your bump stops or leave them alone?

map81 did you cut your bump stops or leave them alone?

I didn't touch my bumpstops, As there was no need to with the Tein's as they are designed to work with the standard shocks, struts and all other suspension components....

Not sure about other brand springs though :blink:

But on my last car AE92 corolla i had kings lows and didn't cut the bumpstops in it either and I never had a problem...

Apart from the body, nothing else seems to be different. Its basically the same chassis and everything just different body panel styling. So if u wish to buy something such as springs, suspensions, or intake in that matter, u are highly likely able to fit it perfectly. Still, best to ask 1st. I know that Tein supply the same spring for JDM and USA model. For us, we have to follow the JDM spec.

Cutting is not really necessary. By the way, MAP81, did u buy the S-Tech or the H-tech springs? I wanna know if those US owners are telling the truth :P mind if u send me a picture of the gap between the tyres and fender?

Hey Danz, yeah i have the S-Tech see Here for pics ect....

If you want some full size PM me your email addy and i will send them through, I will have a look and see if I can find any better ones also