Fuel cut

Hey Folks, blessings and prosperity to all of you this year.

Do Aussie sportivos "fuel cut" / speed limit at 180k?? I've got a JDM Runx and it speed cuts at about 180k, the speedo reads about 187 but i figure its 180k true speed.

My question is this? Is the limiter a fuel cut or an ignition cut?

Limiting in 4th isnt that bad, but if i go to 5th its VERY VIOLENT, lol. Thanks...

Hey Folks, blessings and prosperity to all of you this year.

Do Aussie sportivos "fuel cut" / speed limit at 180k?? I've got a JDM Runx and it speed cuts at about 180k, the speedo reads about 187 but i figure its 180k true speed.

My question is this? Is the limiter a fuel cut or an ignition cut?

Limiting in 4th isnt that bad, but if i go to 5th its VERY VIOLENT, lol. Thanks...

No the aus spec sportivo is not speed limited.

I understand it is ignition cut, although I could be wrong....as a fuel cut will cause problems when no fuel goes through the injectors....

Interesting the Aust delivered cars aren't speed limited but the o/seas one is, highlift - your car originated directly from Japan right?

Is this a typical Japanese auto industry thing to do like the 206kw gentlemans agreement?

Interesting the Aust delivered cars aren't speed limited but the o/seas one is, highlift - your car originated directly from Japan right?

Is this a typical Japanese auto industry thing to do like the 206kw gentlemans agreement?

spot on the money, it seems to be a Euro/JP etc thing they all speed limit there cars, but here in aus we dont really seem to care....

I have heard previously about this gentlemans agreement too.... it's more of about what they say the car can do as opposed to wht it can do. At one stage, even if it could do220kw+, specs would still read 206kw

spot on the money, it seems to be a Euro/JP etc thing they all speed limit there cars, but here in aus we dont really seem to care....

+3 JDM are limited to ~180K just like in the fast and furious, [please dont flame me], LOL. Someone recommended the speed cut defender, but I am going full PFC in a matter of a week. Just wondered as a matter of interest...

Speed cut in 4th isnt that bad, but in 5th its down right scary. Car feels as though you hit dog doing 40k. NOT COOL...

Doing some dynos in two weeks, will show you guys what my car dynos on our ****ty gas. We've got that new V-Power but its only 95RON supposedly...