0-400m Test **Video**

leasaunce

you shoulda got the liberty GT Spec B... its the nicest saloon ever - inside and out. and not very mod friendly.

i would if i could - but i can't!

i'm a little biased as i have a Gen 2 legacy twin turbo :P

i drove one of those and apart from the extremely uncomfortable seats, it really wasnt all that exciting to drive...

and turbo = VERY mod friendly, imo...

sorry i have to disagree :P

my mate has one.

cant get a dump pipe or any turbo kits for it - japs dont have 2.5L turbos and americans have LHD ( brake booster is in the way)

exhaust - fine.

intake - fine

ecu - only can get ecutek.

so its hard without spending money on custom. which would be silly on a liberty

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, i went to the drags last night and the best i got was a 14.1sec 1/4mile... and that was with a fair bit of axle tramp...

i reckon if i got a clean start, it could easily get a 13.9...

not bad for a heavy fwd stock sedan.. ;)

oh and for the record... that was in FULLLLLL street trim... ie, full tank of fuel, the varex mufflers sitting in the boot and all my wardrobe in the back seat... :lol:

• 2 months later...
well, i went to the drags last night and the best i got was a 14.1sec 1/4mile... and that was with a fair bit of axle tramp...

i reckon if i got a clean start, it could easily get a 13.9...

not bad for a heavy fwd stock sedan.. ;)

oh and for the record... that was in FULLLLLL street trim... ie, full tank of fuel, the varex mufflers sitting in the boot and all my wardrobe in the back seat... :lol:

Nice time for a stock car.What were you mph ,60 footer etc.

For comparisons sake here is my ford au six cylinder wagon normally aspirated running at wdsid . You guys can have a field day with it if youd like.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tlkVFvD5AAs

In this thread I have only seen one timeslip .Would you mind posting yours up?

• 1 month later...

I remember seeing Jess' 14.5 run at the motorplex. I was pretty amazed at the time and the trap speed of 155km/h. I know a thing or two about the 1/4 mile and I can tell you that the Aurion is very much the equal of a MY03-MY05 WRX in terms of trap speed and far far superior to any of its direct competitors. However, the WRX will be faster from a standing start because of AWD (assuming the driver wants to launch it). Looking at the time slip I would say the Aurion has the potential to run a 14.3. The 60ft time of 2.39 is very poor and can easily be improved upon. Better tyres/less wheelspin should result in a sizeable reduction in 60ft time. Remember that as a general rule cutting one tenth from your 60ft results in two tenths off your 1/4 mile time. The launch will 'make or break' your run.

Just as a comparison my sister's BA XR6 auto (stock, full weight) has run a 15.26 @ 91 mph. Stalling it up to about 1500rpm made a huge difference of about 0.4 seconds compared to when I just 'normally launched' it.

Also, I remember seeing a Wheels or Motor write up (can't remember which one) in which the Aurion hit 159km/h at the end of the quarter which is just amazing considering that a stock BA XR6T, XR8, VYSS will trap around 160km/h.

In terms of straight line performance the Aurion is a winner.

Edited by quenda

i googled the TRD model and they are all saying that its quatermile time is 14.2s..... and im thinking to myself that that just cant be right can it? i mean, with a better reaction time - wouldnt the base model i used be able to do 14.3s??

Can anyone enlighten me? is the quatermile time for the TRD aurion posted all over the web just... maybe.. wrong? or did i happen to rent a 'special' base model aurion?

I've got the time slips etc for my runs if anyone wants to see... i mean im not trying to boast... im just really curious what ppl think.

Jess, reaction time has nothing to do with it. You can wait at the lights for as long as you want. The timer only starts running when your wheels move forward and break the laser beam thing. You can easily run a 14.3 if you lower your 60ft time. Better tyres would probably be the answer.