0-400m Test **Video**

leasaunce

Acceleration Video

It's still there, you just have to dig :D

EDIT: Sorry, follow that link, hit the "Features" part of the menu (3rd from the top) and you should see 5 white dots appear over the Aurion. The one on the far right says "Acceleration".

Hit that and the video will load.

Edited by Davenic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Cool... Anyone actually know the 1/4 mile time for one of these things?

Mum just ordered a Sportivo ZR6 model.. not gonna be happy if its faster than my car lol

yea mate ive done my 1/4 mile in 14.5

check out da video

wat car u got lol

Cool... Anyone actually know the 1/4 mile time for one of these things?

Mum just ordered a Sportivo ZR6 model.. not gonna be happy if its faster than my car lol

yea mate ive done my 1/4 mile in 14.5

check out da video

wat car u got lol

have you got the timesheet of of the run? would be good to have it scanned, it'll shut those fordies at caradvice.com talking shyte.

I would like to see what an Aurion can run on the drag strip it would be interesting to see what it could do.

The tests show it's quick but not thta quick as you would expect a 1630KG 200KW auto car would be.

Wheels tested a ZR6 in Jan 2007 it was the fastest family auto six.

0-60 3.7

0-80 5.5

0-100 7.4

0-120 9.9

0-400m 15.3 @154kmh

80-120kmh 4.4

Wheels tested a ZR6 in NOV 2006 it was a bit slower except in mid range.

0-60 3.8

0-80 5.6

0-100 7.5

0-120 10.0

0-400m 15.5 @151kmh

80-120kmh 4.3

So if you went to the track yourself and did it one up, fuel warning light on, PULP with octane boost, stripped of all junk weight spare wheel etc. What could you get? 14.5 I doubt it lets see the slip

post-3710-1204105418_thumb.jpg

I would like to see what an Aurion can run on the drag strip it would be interesting to see what it could do.

The tests show it's quick but not thta quick as you would expect a 1630KG 200KW auto car would be.

0-60 3.7

0-80 5.5

0-100 7.4

0-120 9.9

0-400m 15.3 @154kmh

80-120kmh 4.4

0-60 3.8

0-80 5.6

0-100 7.5

0-120 10.0

0-400m 15.5 @151kmh

80-120kmh 4.3

So if you went to the track yourself and did it one up, fuel warning light on, PULP with octane boost, stripped of all junk weight spare wheel etc. What could you get? 14.5 I doubt it lets see the slip

i threw out my slip but i got proof dat i did 14.5 1/4 mile

check out my vid

0-60 3.7

0-80 5.5

0-100 7.4

0-120 9.9

0-400m 15.3 @154kmh

80-120kmh 4.4

0-60 3.8

0-80 5.6

0-100 7.5

0-120 10.0

0-400m 15.5 @151kmh

80-120kmh 4.3

check out my vid

Serious??

The 1/4 mile time really helped the Aurion to win Wheels COTY award ahead of the VE Commodore, didn't it?
the Aurion struggles as soon as the road goes around a bend. And while I'm yet to lose control in an Aurion, COTY judges managed to with scary results

Can you back up your claims that COTY judges had issues with the Aurions cornering? Ive test driven the Aurion, have an older V6 Camry Myself, and have on countless occasions driven friends Commodores. The Aurion can hit speeds around corners that I thought were never possible, and make you feel totally in control - I remember hearing that its a rumour the Aurion can hit sharp corners at in excess of 100km/h, thnx to its safety systems.

While the Aurion is good for its class, it does understeer quite a bit, not badly - but it is noticeable and requires abit of steering in to rein it in. My traction control though doesn't seem to be working effectively enough.. :-p

0-60 3.7

0-80 5.5

0-100 7.4

0-120 9.9

0-400m 15.3 @154kmh

80-120kmh 4.4

0-60 3.8

0-80 5.6

0-100 7.5

0-120 10.0

0-400m 15.5 @151kmh

80-120kmh 4.3

check out my vid

r u like tryna b a dikhed or sumfin?

he ran 13.4

I RAN 14.5

do u understand now? or still na?

[r u like tryna b a dikhed or sumfin?

he ran 13.4

I RAN 14.5

do u understand now? or still na?

Well yes of course. I was making fun of you.

I didn't want to call you a liar on a public forum but I don't believe you ran 14.5 and if you did I would have thought you might just have kept that timeslip.

An Aurion isn't going to get almost a second quicker over the quarter with a better driver. It would take a well set up shot of NOS or Supercharger to do it. Like TRD have done of course already.

I am really interested to hear how well they do go down the drag strip and to see who has the fastest Aurion on the forum.

Of course some sort of verification of the time would be good for credibility.

I am really interested to hear how well they do go down the drag strip and to see who has the fastest Aurion on the forum.

well, to find out, i only know who has changed their rim, cant join, they surely slower(by a bit~)

and i m thinking, taking out all the passanger seats, spare tyre, subwoofer, aircon, powersterring. then MB can be fastest.

well, to find out, i only know who has changed their rim, cant join, they surely slower(by a bit~)

and i m thinking, taking out all the passanger seats, spare tyre, subwoofer, aircon, powersterring. then MB can be fastest.

Sure weight is the enemy and 100kg taken out is worth 20rwkw.

There comes a point though where the car is no longer an Aurion or at least a street legal Aurion.

20 inch wheels generally slow you down as the gear the car up for the highway when you want to gear it down for the drag strip.

Sure weight is the enemy and 100kg taken out is worth 20rwkw.

There comes a point though where the car is no longer an Aurion or at least a street legal Aurion.

20 inch wheels generally slow you down as the gear the car up for the highway when you want to gear it down for the drag strip.

hrm!! now! i remember hearing a joke in a racing team's meeting, they used all method to take all the weight out the car, to make it faster, but then, there is 1 more problem...

guess what, the race car's driver is too FAT! So, imagine a 100kg driver, then if he lost another 30kg~ then mb the car can be faster~~ ahhahaha

guys i might just point something out on the time slip ...... remind me ..... when was the aurion release date ;)

useles_wsid__1_.jpg

guys i might just point something out on the time slip ...... remind me ..... when was the aurion release date ;)

Did you think this was a time slip for my Aurion?

This was an example of what I thought we might like to see posted up for the 14.5 second Aurion.

This is a slip I didn't throw away nothing great either for that matter but I still kept my slips.

It's a real slip not photoshopped and I am not saying this was my Aurion. Nothing to hide here.

You get the picture though I have been around the drag strip for quite a while longer than I care to admit here with Valiant and ford sixes actually.

• 3 months later...

Boys, I have my own VBOX3 of higher spec than the units Wheels use (top of the line) I do professional vehicle testing and tuning. The engine (as in my Kluger) is a total weapon.

have a look at my own personal VBOX data, and remember than my Kluger is 2020+kg with tow bar! and permanent 4WD

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...15886&st=25

^ bottom of page 2, this is no one hit wonder either, it does this every time I test it on pretty much any fuel and not by staling it up or taking out weight just stand on the gas and it flat out hauls ! Best engine out there its a beast :toast:

*** My car does this in the real world, not a gay drag track and dubious lights and flawed timing boards lol ***

This engine in a Aurion in FWD only should rip the wheels off the car :blink:

Edited by RICE RACING

Well this is what I like to see,

Stock Torque/Power curves Aurion vs Falcon vs Commodore,

I know Motor mag did a test 6.8-6.9 seconds for the Aurion ATX/Zr6 (options make the car heavier)

Put some decent tyres you can probably get 6.7

Ive beaten NA6's commodores/falcons all day, beaten chasers,ftos, GTI's, and those who can't launch / shift manual properly on Rex's supras skylines etc, they'll be embarrased...

What I liek to see is the DInjection put into these engines to give the full 240kw, but rather have this car a RWD/AWD platform, then this will be a real sleeper...

I know Motor mag did a test 6.8-6.9 seconds for the Aurion ATX/Zr6 (options make the car heavier)

Ive beaten NA6's commodores/falcons all day, beaten chasers,ftos, GTI's, and those who can't launch / shift manual properly on Rex's supras skylines etc, they'll be embarrased...

What I liek to see is the DInjection put into these engines to give the full 240kw, but rather have this car a RWD/AWD platform, then this will be a real sleeper...

r u sure about the rexes and skylines?

r u sure about the rexes and skylines?

those who can't launch / shift manual properly on Rex's supras skylines etc, they'll be embarrased...

One thing i will say about Skylines, is that alot of GTST's dont run like they should, lots of issues with the coil packs and spark plugs

rather easy to fix but they run like crap without it done :P

An aurion would walk all over a rough running GTST (rb20/Rb25t)