Vibrating internal noise from '05 Sportivo

have a look at the plastic pop out screw on the bottom of the panel that the passengers right knee would rest on (at lest thats my technical description of that area). I had the EXACT same symptoms as what you described and I found that that screw was loose, allowing the panel to vibrate. Used to drive me nuts till i fixed it.

At least thats one of the rattles eliminated...

hey shadow,

thanks for your reply. sounds like you have experienced the same problem.

only thing is though, i cant see the plastic pop out screws as u have described.

the only plastic screws i have are those on the foot well kick panel down below.

there are plastic round clips under the glove box area but do not have grooves to adjust or tighten :(

let me know if i am blind or missing something! :)

cheers mate

Try, remove the glove box, and its on the left hand side along the chassis.. they're not screws as much as plugs that hold wires to the side of the car....

have a look at the plastic pop out screw on the bottom of the panel that the passengers right knee would rest on (at lest thats my technical description of that area). I had the EXACT same symptoms as what you described and I found that that screw was loose, allowing the panel to vibrate. Used to drive me nuts till i fixed it.

At least thats one of the rattles eliminated...

hey shadow,

thanks for your reply. sounds like you have experienced the same problem.

only thing is though, i cant see the plastic pop out screws as u have described.

the only plastic screws i have are those on the foot well kick panel down below.

there are plastic round clips under the glove box area but do not have grooves to adjust or tighten :(

let me know if i am blind or missing something! :)

cheers mate

Have a look at the panel on the side of the centre console and at the base of that panel you should see a small plastic plug. I think there is another one about 20cm above it to. Check them to see if they are fully tight with no movement. If there is a little gap between the plug and the plast panel, jam some paper in or something along those lines to fill it so that the plug won't move at all.

When I was looking for the rattle I pulled open the glove box and cable tied as much as i could and it did nothing. It wasn't until i jammed up that little plastic pop out plug that the noise stopped.

Mine would rattle whenever i was hovering around 2800 - 3000rpm...

• 4 months later...

eh guys. got the same problem. rattling noise on the passenger side dash, somehwere on top or neat the airbag spot, or neat the vents.

i just bought my 2004 stivo at a dealers 2 weeks ago.

Factory warranty expired FEB 07. But it should still be factory warranty for another 3 months right? since i bought it of a dealer.

does anyone know what is actually rattling?

thought it was the cd stacker, or the panels that connect to it. but it wasn't

really pisses me off wen sumtn goes wrong, wna get it fixed asap. hope its got nothin to do with the engine.