facelift C-ONE copy front bumper at carmate

save ur money n put it towards buying the real thing .....

chances are u will need 2 do some "customising" just to make it fit & it may not even fit right .....

im not basing this on hear say ..... there are a few members here that have bought body work from carmate only to be severly disappointed with what was supplied .......

then again any business has the right to make up for their wrongs so wat i would suggest is if ur gonna get this from them that they gurantee it will fit no dramas and that they wont need to "cut anything" from your car 2 make it fit as ive seen them try that 1 before .........

save ur money n put it towards buying the real thing .....

chances are u will need 2 do some "customising" just to make it fit & it may not even fit right .....

im not basing this on hear say ..... there are a few members here that have bought body work from carmate only to be severly disappointed with what was supplied .......

then again any business has the right to make up for their wrongs so wat i would suggest is if ur gonna get this from them that they gurantee it will fit no dramas and that they wont need to "cut anything" from your car 2 make it fit as ive seen them try that 1 before .........

2nd that ... actually .. you WILL have to "Customise" it ...... and definately dont get them to install it ... never know what they pull off your car to fit this bar ...

i have been there so many times and they tinted my windows on my old car when they were based at lansvale and what was said about it not fitting is totally true,its like using taiwanese parts compared to genuine the gaps are never perfect so it pays to get the good quality.The tints were pretty shocking too but they did illegal tinting so i wasnt complaining

you never get a perfect fit on any fibreglass kit. All require tweaking or reworking to some extent if you want it to fit like a factory part. This goes for the Vertex, c-one, bomex and all other expensive glass kits.

The urethane kits usually have a better fit straight up, but cost more to produce.

i prepared myself for that, but when you actually have to cut the tops of the air dams off to clear the support bar that runs behind the bumper, i wouldnt say its a "close fit"..

i've spent forever cutting bits out, trial fitting, heating and bending the glass to fit... its like that didnt even use a mould, they just looked at a picture on the internet and away they went...

at the end of the day, it was about 700 bucks cheaper than buying the real thing in plastic, and whilst its been a massive headache, i havent spent 700 bucks in time fixing it up, so i still reckon its worth it..

having said that, if anyone does decide to go with carmate, do NOT get them to install it - they will simply cut the support bar of your chassis, leave gaps around the headlights, and go "fibreglass doesnt fit 100%... that'll be $400"... what a joke...

you never get a perfect fit on any fibreglass kit. All require tweaking or reworking to some extent if you want it to fit like a factory part. This goes for the Vertex, c-one, bomex and all other expensive glass kits.

The urethane kits usually have a better fit straight up, but cost more to produce.

If a C-One or Bomex kit came to me in Fibreglass I'd immediately ask for my money back as it's fake...

and straight from the bomex site...

Bomex uses a patent pending hand laid process (trade secret not at liberty to divulge) by skilled technicians using only the best proprietary material resulting in a light, durable yet flexible product.

Hand laid = glass.

the AE92 kit I've seen and the JZA80 kit a mate got for his car were both plain old glass, I can't comment on the resin they used but it didn't seem like epoxy, more like a poly resin. The JZA80 kit had a very average fit.

If a C-One or Bomex kit came to me in Fibreglass I'd immediately ask for my money back as it's fake...

c-one uses fibreglass. those who have the spoiler wings may know.

i know someone who got a kit from them for a 2003 hatch. when a few metres away you can see a large gap underneath the head lights. standing at a distance though you do not really notice it as you are more impressed by the overall style of the bodykit.

Edited by kcorro

i totally agree with getting genuine parts without doubt genuine is made to a high standard. it does cost you more but i think you will be happier with the product because you will have a lot less issues with it now and later. i have a friend who got a custom widebody kit made in fibreglass. little did he know it should be made of of metal and now it frequently cracks.

as some of you know i have modellista gialla side skirts. these are made with abs and the quality is second to none. these cost $800 without paint but there was no fitting problems everything went into place. carmate have the copy of this and it may look the same but it would be much weaker. not sure how the fitment is but if it is anything like the front bar i have seen it probably is very poor.

you could probably play cricket with my sideskirts and not break them and they are only about 1.5mm thick! an awesome thing about jap quality and save weight yet very very strong. genuine toyota such as the sportivo bodykit however uses a different kind of abs which is much thicker and therefore adds weight.

you could probably play cricket with my sideskirts and not break them and they are only about 1.5mm thick

highly unlikely if ur facing a brett lee quick ball :P :P :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol::lol::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

trc tuning kits are polyeuro plastic in other words same stuff used on stivo kits. Plus the price is heaps cheaper than c-one. Man those guys at car-mate are a bunch of f-wits, last time i talked to them and asked about there rear bumpers and didnt want fibreglass as its cracks, warps and is a pain to get a good piant finish on, his argument was "uuugh but all kits crack and are like that even abs plastic standard kits are like fibreglass" so yeah bunch of smart fellas they have there at car mate :clap: