Sportivo and the rpm kick

Jen

Hi Guys,

I've got a question for the Sportivo owners, I've got a '03 model which I bought late last year (I'm Lovin' it!). But I want to know how far you regularly push the RPMS?

I've read reviews saying they aren't designed to kick until 6000 and others swear it's 7. Mine starts to kick at 5500 and just keeps going till about 7 and to be honest I'm not really game to take it past that- at least not regularly- I feel like it's screaming.

What do you guys get to regularly? I mean, like this scenario: It's a Tuesday morning, your on your way to work, your first up at the lights and there's a grey haired Ford 1993 Feistiva driver next to you, what rpms do you hit (keeping in mind that though you know you're going to beat the festiva, you also want to show off, just a little bit....)

Thanks,

Jen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi welcome to the forum

are usually LIFT kiicks at 6000-6200 RPM

and will keep going untill 8000-8200 RPM

its a revv happy car it was made to scream like VTEC hondas, they are built screamers!!

keep it mind if u rev out 1st and 2nd u'll begoing about 80 clicks in no time

racing is naughty !! :P B) :P

cheers jonno

Hi Guys,

I've got a question for the Sportivo owners, I've got a '03 model which I bought late last year (I'm Lovin' it!). But I want to know how far you regularly push the RPMS?

I've read reviews saying they aren't designed to kick until 6000 and others swear it's 7. Mine starts to kick at 5500 and just keeps going till about 7 and to be honest I'm not really game to take it past that- at least not regularly- I feel like it's screaming.

What do you guys get to regularly? I mean, like this scenario: It's a Tuesday morning, your on your way to work, your first up at the lights and there's a grey haired Ford 1993 Feistiva driver next to you, what rpms do you hit (keeping in mind that though you know you're going to beat the festiva, you also want to show off, just a little bit....)

Thanks,

Jen

Why would you bother racing and Feistiva... Thats just lame...

Other than that give it heaps the rev limiter will protect it from over reving.

Yes, I agree lame is the word, and no I wouldn't bother to 'race' a festiva, there's no challenge, but I just wanted to get the word "regularly" highlighted. I want to know what I can to on a daily basis without damaging the car.

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Jen

hello welcome to toca!! yes its called LIFT lol i didint know wat it was for the first 2 weeks i had my car :ph34r: but then after that... :spiteful::lol:

6rpm is when the power kicks in and 8200rpm is when the engine automatically cuts off the petrol to the engine so it cant go anymore so change gears right on 8 rpm and try and keep it between 6-8 so u stay in LIFT and have fun :clap: our cars are really high revvers so dont worry about breaking our car lol its meant to do that and remeber change b4 8rpm!! dont let it fuel cut out it sounds gay (not that ive done it b4 :P )

gl and enjoy LIFT

ohh ps. how far do i usally push the rpms u ask???

:spiteful:

Guest JDM y0 !

wish i had lift. lol on a cruise or photoshoot i want one of the melbourne crew to show me some lift.... "get your lift on!" :D in return i will give you a can of LIFT softdrink :S lol sorry for being stupid kakakaka :D

Edited by JDM y0 !

GIVE IT HELL I SAY!

As a sportivo owner its recomended that you get a daily intake of 'LIFT' repeat dosage as often as you can till you no longer are an owner of the sportivo. :P

Point taken, for my own health and benefit I will, from now on, ensure that I push my car into the "Lift Zone" on a daily basis!

:yahoo:

GIVE IT HELL I SAY!

As a sportivo owner its recomended that you get a daily intake of 'LIFT' repeat dosage as often as you can till you no longer are an owner of the sportivo. :P

Point taken, for my own health and benefit I will, from now on, ensure that I push my car into the "Lift Zone" on a daily basis!

oh here it comes....

another red-rolla-revhead on a rampage :P ...you wouldn't happen to be red-headed too? :blink::lol:

Yes...ultimate joy experience once you have perfected the shifting of staying in Lift from 1st-2nd!! :o :spiteful:

No, not a red headed rolla driver. :P

I hit the lift today, then I did it again and again and again,

AND I plan to do it again and again and again, it was waaay too much fun. Hear that sound? it's my rising petrol bill.

Lift is so addictive... Havent even had my stivo a week and i have allready put neally $100 in fuel into it :rolleyes:

$100???

You're holding back...

I get a good 350-400km out of my tank on a good lifty week... <cough>

Lift is so addictive... Havent even had my stivo a week and i have allready put neally $100 in fuel into it :rolleyes:

$100???

You're holding back...

Fark!! I better get out there and open the ***** right up :P

If you want Jen you can sit in my car or mickys when we meet up and take you for a drive.

Once you master shifting in these things they become a different car. The whole 'it's just a corolla' fad wears off very quickly, and it rivals the likes of skylines etc. One fellow in a mildly modded R33 GTSt Skyline recieve quite a big shock when all he could do was stay with me coming onto the parkway (pulled until I hit 100 and shut it down). Very frustrated that he could not get past (he ended up cutting me off to turn into lady denman). No matter, I aggrivated him which was pleasing muahaha!

ps: racing is bad mmkay (if it's above the speed limit and involves very sharp turns :lol:)

BAHAHAHAHA......

Yeh all my mateys thought i was a ******* for buying a stivo untill i beat my mates XR falcon on the same road on saturday morning :clap:

Woohoo! Now we're talking! :clap:

Mind you, I have chewed SS Commies in my SpEcho just by driving better! (okay, maybe they weren't trying, but i still beat them, and that's all that matters. Humph. :whistling: )

Correct me if i'm wrong, but just remember to get the water temp up to lift specs before thrashing the engine. I remember overtaking a truck after a short stop (where the engine cooled) and was surprised that the lift didna kick in, making the overtaking time longer...

2 cents worth.

Yeah waiting for any motor to warm up in general is the better idea. Thrashing a cold engine results in pitted pistons and scored cylinders, plus it can root your oil pump eventually (whole host of other crap as well).

Once the oil and water is a flowing, then lifting we shall a going...