TRD CAI - Getting it made up!!!

Howzit guys!!

Just need sum input from u guys!!!

I'm getting a CAI made up for my RunX Rsi (Sportivo)!!!

I'm getting it made out of 76mm stainless steel pipe?? What ull think?? Steel or aluminuim???

What is the TRD and AEM ones made of ????

if you went 76mm it would be the same as the CES CAI, the TRD CAI is 69.85mm and i think the AEM is a little smaller. The TRD CAI is anodised aluminium and the CES is HPC coated stainless steel.

try and find the metric 70mm pipe if you can. It's better for the MAF than 3" Tube. If you can't find any then get an airflow straightener welded in pre-MAF. That will ensure you have no issues with incorrect MAF readings.

I thought the CES 2ZZ CAI was Mild steel HPC'd? http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6693

if you went 76mm it would be the same as the CES CAI, the TRD CAI is 69.85mm and i think the AEM is a little smaller. The TRD CAI is anodised aluminium and the CES is HPC coated stainless steel.

AEM and TRD is the same size stop trying to give people the wrong idea Corey :P

OKAY!!

SO THE TRD CAI is approx. 70mm and is made of Aluminuim

AND THE CES CAI is aprox. 76mm and is made of stainless steel with aluminium Ceramic coat paint!!

BETWEEN THE TRD AND CES CAI WHICH IS BETTER AND WHAT WERE THE GAINS ON THE CES CAI!!

If I got the guys to do mandrel bends on I pipe then it would cost me a fortune!! So the guys are gonna buy mandrels bends and piece them up!! I have a sample made up. So I gave the guys to make a duplicate of that! The sample is made up 76mm stainless steel and in ceramic coated!!

IF I IMPORT A TRD INTAKE FROM THE USA IT WILL COST R2500, CUSTOM MADE R600!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!

THATS IN SOUTH AFRICA WERE I AM!!

IS THE CES CAI WORTH IT GUYS???? THEN I WILL KNOW WHETHER TO CUSTOME MAKE MINE!!!!

I think it's been a week since he was at the last meet?

Must have been a meeting with himself cause he sure wasn't out at the usual meet up.

Actually haven't seen Pippy for nearly a year now....

CES CAI is mild steel HPC coated. Don't worry about Northy... he's enjoying the spoils of being unemployed and sleeping in till whatever time :P

Is it really worth the effort getting one made?

just buy one of them.

BETWEEN THE TRD AND CES CAI WHICH IS BETTER AND WHAT WERE THE GAINS ON THE CES CAI!!

LOL!!! :help::help: NOT AGAIN

The difference in negligable just choose one and never ask that question again

IF I IMPORT A TRD INTAKE FROM THE USA IT WILL COST R2500, CUSTOM MADE R600!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!

That equates to ~$430AUD to import a TRD CAI, or ~$100AUD to get a custom item made in stainless.

The logical choice is pretty clear.

That equates to ~$430AUD to import a TRD CAI, or ~$100AUD to get a custom item made in stainless.

trd cai?? :unsure:

LOL :lol:

jk jk i'd say dw bout the hassle and just import it in with that extra cash u will feel much better having a brand name in ur car ;) lol and trd cai is better i'd say cuz most of the guys have a trd cai and injen

MY 2 C E N T S :lol:

trd cai?? :unsure:

LOL :lol:

jk jk i'd say dw bout the hassle and just import it in with that extra cash u will feel much better having a brand name in ur car ;) lol and trd cai is better i'd say cuz most of the guys have a trd cai and injen

MY 2 C E N T S :lol:

MY MAIN CONCERN IS?? IS IT WORTH IT??? DONT WANT TO SPEND A FORTUNE A ONLY GAIN TO 1-2 KWs!!!

I don't think anyone has only ever picked up a 1-2kW gain with either TRD, CES, Injen or AEM, unless they have had issues with things like faulty MAF's or what-not.

Although it appears logical costwise to have one made up, just remember that R&D that has gone into all of these to get them working right, hence why you pay so much for them. If you have someone over there that is going to makke on up for you, and it fails to deliver the results, where do you stand with that? At least importing one of the more known one's, there are many many people getting around with them that have experienced more than enough gains to justify the cost.

As for which is better, all I can say is this....

Some have TRD, not too many complaints (if any...)

Some have CES, not too many complaints (if any...)

Some have AEM, not too many complaints (if any...)

Some have Injen, not too many complaints (if any...)

Choice is your's. TRD is a nice looking red pipe, the rest are a stainless finish....

If I were you, i'd spend then bikkies and get on imported.

Cheers

Aaron

there's SFA "R&D" in a CAI. 3" tube with a few bends and a couple of brackets... it's not rocket science.

I'll send you pics and the MAF placement measurement to get one made, I'll also send through some pics of the MAF airflow straightener you can get the guys to fabricate and weld in to ensure you dont have a "faulty MAF" with 3" tube.

If you can get 2.75" tube from the throttle body to the MAF, and continue along about 50mm in front of the maf, and then expand the tube out to 3" and continue with 3" tube to the pod filter you will have a CAI that performs very well, with no need for a silicon reducer at the throttle body. Can just use a section of 2.75" hose to join it.

there's SFA "R&D" in a CAI. 3" tube with a few bends and a couple of brackets... it's not rocket science.

I'll send you pics and the MAF placement measurement to get one made, I'll also send through some pics of the MAF airflow straightener you can get the guys to fabricate and weld in to ensure you dont have a "faulty MAF" with 3" tube.

If you can get 2.75" tube from the throttle body to the MAF, and continue along about 50mm in front of the maf, and then expand the tube out to 3" and continue with 3" tube to the pod filter you will have a CAI that performs very well, with no need for a silicon reducer at the throttle body. Can just use a section of 2.75" hose to join it.

Please post sum pics!!! That would be a great help!!!! I gonna call the guy whose doing the CAI and tell him to try and use 2.75" pipe!!! Thanks