ps3

Rolla_Boy

hey guys is anyone ordering the ps3? i pre ordered it for this week and can pick it up on friday 23rd. I dont really play games much but i wanna see what its like. There where 110 pre orders in one EB store and said they will be sold out before they become available after the 23rd!! iI dont know how many there sending so you better think soon. 110 in one store .

Blueray is a taking over!

There is still HD-DVD.... who will win. Why couldnt there just be one format.

Yeah that will definetly be be in the high ranks as it uses less space

Ah why isnt technology simply anymore! lol

I woulnt mind a PS3 but I dont like playing games on consoles anymore.

I just love my Keyboard and mouse. When playing with a controller nowadays just doesn't feel right for me now, from using the precision on the mouse especially in First Person Shooters like Counter Strike and even WOW.

But the PS3 has a way higher longevity than a PC so its cheaper in the long run.

how do you know its beating sales?? i saw at the shops its all kids games with mario bros. i dont know anyone who has it only ps & xbox. ????

but love the song!!

i didint say it had action games and stuff even with kid games its owning just wait for other games like smash broz brawl, project hammer and a few more i cant remember lol

but here are some stats for you

as u can see the xbox360 is first atm because its been out for a year now

Wii and ps3 got released at the same time in america and japan but the ps3 got delayed in aus a few months even if they released the ps3 and wii at the same time wii would still be infront its only $400 >_< and its soooo fun lol i want a ps3 for ff thats it but man $1k???

and u can see the wii is above avarage

5.84million sold in 4 months? i think

1 year and xbox360 done 9.56million

also nintendo ds is owning psp

http://www.vgcharts.org/

:D

Edited by KaZe-StiVo

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65566

its a far cry from what i heard was goign on in the USA when they released PS3 up there.

for those who preordered.. congrats!

if i had the cash id probebly pick 1 up off the shelf if i had the $$$$ to waste.

i got the xbox360 as a bonus on a fone plan from strathfield and didnt even play it that much.. sold it after a few months :/

not that theres anything wrong with the 360... wonderful machine and loved playin fight night on that bugger... just kinda grew outta gaming consoles

a few of my mates are mainly buying it for the blue ray, only other blue ray player out that i know of is the $1500 samsung, so $1000 isnt that bad.

Plus EB games are doing trade-ins, 1 sony 2 or x-box plus 20 games and they'll drop the price to $699

Tempting!

a few of my mates are mainly buying it for the blue ray, only other blue ray player out that i know of is the $1500 samsung, so $1000 isnt that bad.

Plus EB games are doing trade-ins, 1 sony 2 or x-box plus 20 games and they'll drop the price to $699

Tempting!

hang on.. confirm for me.

1 PS2 or x-box with 20 games?

or

1 PS2 with 20 games or x-box with 20 games???

Tempting!

or

Either one with 20 games and you get the PS3 for $699. thats what there offering at Frankston EB Games, im guessing the other stores are the same.

Tempting!

or

Either one with 20 games and you get the PS3 for $699. thats what there offering at Frankston EB Games, im guessing the other stores are the same.

For a PS2 with 20 games you would have probably originally paid $400 for the PS2 and $800 for the games (if not more), bringing it to around $1200... and your happy that they'll knock $300 of the price??? WTF :huh:

Tempting!

or

For a PS2 with 20 games you would have probably originally paid $400 for the PS2 and $800 for the games (if not more), bringing it to around $1200... and your happy that they'll knock $300 of the price??? WTF :huh:

depends on whether you have bought your games second hand or new. PS2s are selling for $130 brand new, so yeah i would be happy with $300 off for a second hand PS2 and 20 used games that ive already completed, you never get all your money back on things you buy.

Unfortunatly my games are all burnt. <_<

Edited by RoLLing BLK

need a hdmi cable now :D

I thought the PS3 did not have HDMI connection that was one of the things wrong with it (by the critics point of view) as Sony was still fighting with the other movie studios about HDMI intoduction. But realistically have you done some searches on why HDMI is being introduced. Its all a ploy by the big movie studios and is only to stop pirating of movies etc.

Apparently it has an extra wire for a secret signal that if not there gives a crappy picture / sound.

Makes sense how can an iddy little wires in a HDMI cable be better than three large component wires.

Consumer suckers are made to go HDMI and pay a fortune for the privilage.

Seriously do some research.