Supercharging the 2ZZ ????

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But certainly if you have a trusted top-class workshop where price = quality then go right ahead.

KEBAB PERFORMANCE FTW !!!!!!!!

the only other concern is the PFC and making it work in the Stivo, I heard someone here has done it, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Two members Northy and Xoom have a PFC on their 2zz's. Mintos also had one on his 1zz.

A DIY Turbo/SC kit?

Already seen a few of these go wrong. I would go for something tried and tested. If you really have to worry about what a turbo or Supercharged sportivo/1zz is going to cost you . . . . then you can't afford it.

DIY is all well and good, but as we have all seen, they dont always go as planned . . . . . . . .

But certainly if you have a trusted top-class workshop where price = quality then go right ahead.

the only other concern is the PFC and making it work in the Stivo, I heard someone here has done it, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Two members Northy and Xoom have a PFC on their 2zz's. Mintos also had one on his 1zz.

mate you know too well that i paved the way for your PFC :P im with JC as well, if your worried about how much its gonna cost then its prolly not for you. For a propper setup allow 15-20K

Come on you kids, play nice please, or you will both have to go to your rooms. . . :P

I thought we were talking about supercharged 2zz's?

Edit: All this talk about dynos . . . . . is anyone willing to put their money where their mouth is with dynos not being as reliable as a dragstrip? I will stand by Bills comments that dynos are not an infallibly ACCURATE measuring tool. Yes, dynos are a tool for measuring, and they are very accurate, but their output depends on what information is being fed to them.

I bet anyone here that I can show you an inaccurate dyno printout that says their car has at least 20kw more than their MPH at the end of the strip says they have.

I would say that I am willing to pay for the dyno time/strip time etc for the comparison, but I reckon people on this forum are sick of hearing promises like that, and they wouldn't beleive me . . . . .

Edited by -JC-

A DIY Turbo/SC kit?

Already seen a few of these go wrong. I would go for something tried and tested. If you really have to worry about what a turbo or Supercharged sportivo/1zz is going to cost you . . . . then you can't afford it.

DIY is all well and good, but as we have all seen, they dont always go as planned . . . . . . . .

But thats just it....there isnt a tried and tested kit for the RHD ZZE corolla the only thing that comes close is the Blitz kit for the JDM Runx from Brashboy's and at 7.5 grand (before shiping and impport duties etc.) or the TRD kit for the 1ZZ(made for the LHD US 1ZZ cars), so DIY custom or custom job from a "performance" shop is the only way to go and as i was saying if you have the tools, know how and capabilities to DIY then you would be stupid to pay a shop to do it for you... Its obvious FAT-911 is confident in his own work so i dont see why everyone keep trying to tell him not to do it.

Bill's Turbo kit is about as comprehensive and well thought out as you could get but even he is still having issues mainly because of his manifold and the turbo/dump location.... (C2Power manifold designed for Euro LHD celicas, but about the only kit manifold that will also fit RHD Celicas/Corollas) these are the same issues the PETIR turbo celica in MLB had so yeah even a custom and shop turbo kits have problems on RHD cars due to the location of our steering rack.

So to FAT-911 I say go for it man and dont let all the naysayers here deter you from having a go at it yourself, as I am sure you have seen by now a Rotrex setup like the_J_factor's of new celica\oz celica is a fairly straight foreward way to go about FI for the 2ZZ your main cost will be the rotrex itself and as you know piping ect. is relatively cheap when you arent paying someone else to do it ;)

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0uxv/SC-Bracket.dwg

There you go, cad file of a rotrex bracket to help you get started, it's easier to cut the bracket from MDF for test fitting etc before getting it laser cut.

Accute Laser in QLD are good for getting the cad files turned into nice clean cut bits of metal ;)

Very well priced too.

------------------------

thread cleaned up - xoom

Edited by xoom

Cheers

mate you know too well that i paved the way for your PFC :P im with JC as well, if your worried about how much its gonna cost then its prolly not for you. For a propper setup allow 15-20K

$15-20K for a S/C setup? Your kidding me right, you obviously haven't done your sums right, I have done a lot of cars up, the turbo's on my other car cost more than the Sportivo, another member mentioned that you had the PFC set-up on your car and the response you give me is "Kebab Perfomance", thanks for the info....I'll be sure to give them a call, do they charge extra for houmos and tabouli?

Edited by FAT-911

$15-20K for a S/C setup? Your kidding me right, you obviously haven't done your sums right, I have done a lot of cars up, the turbo's on my other car cost more than the Sportivo, another member mentioned that you had the PFC set-up on your car and the response you give me is "Kebab Perfomance", thanks for the info....I'll be sure to give them a call, do they charge extra for houmos and tabouli?

LOL ... sorry mate .... just taking a crack at a few ppl ...... and yes we do houmos and tabouli ;) ;) ;)

ok regarding the charger ..... mate again seriously depends on what u wanna run and how ....

ok firstly do u wanna run an intercooler ?

if yes then that means the greddy is out

so now u can either go blitz off the shelf or another custom charging route.

Regarding the rotrex type setup yes ur gonna have to some modifying with all the bits and pieces in the left hand bottom corner in the bay there i.e the abs etc.

When customing pretty much anything is possible ..... again if ur DIY'ing then yeah u can pretty much fab wat every u want ..... the only issues ur gonna run into is ur gonna b the first 2 fiddle in a stivo engine bay for a super charger perspective so ull run into all the niggly issues ..... how do i know .... via my turbo setup .... i ran into many little niggly issue here and there that we had 2 work around that cost that bit extra here n there or had 2 undo something we just did 2 work around it etc .....

U could go the lotus S path and have a nice cooler hanging out of the bonnet

exige240r05_engine.jpg

Xoom, I don't need to go all out, I just want a faster Stivo, for some reason I love this car, the way I look at it, I would prefer to go the Rotrex way and have an intercooler.

Turbo setups as I am sure you know are a lot harder to get going, the ABS is no longer an issue, I had Rotrex supply measurments and dimensions and after we had a good look around the ABS is fine where it is.

The only isssue, which really isn't that tough is the radiator and the PFC, the piping and mounting of the S/C is no hassle.

So can i get Tahini with my kebab?

Thanks for the on topic reply.

Edited by FAT-911

LOL ... sorry mate .... just taking a crack at a few ppl ...... and yes we do houmos and tabouli ;) ;) ;)

ok regarding the charger ..... mate again seriously depends on what u wanna run and how ....

ok firstly do u wanna run an intercooler ?

if yes then that means the greddy is out

so now u can either go blitz off the shelf or another custom charging route.

Regarding the rotrex type setup yes ur gonna have to some modifying with all the bits and pieces in the left hand bottom corner in the bay there i.e the abs etc.

When customing pretty much anything is possible ..... again if ur DIY'ing then yeah u can pretty much fab wat every u want ..... the only issues ur gonna run into is ur gonna b the first 2 fiddle in a stivo engine bay for a super charger perspective so ull run into all the niggly issues ..... how do i know .... via my turbo setup .... i ran into many little niggly issue here and there that we had 2 work around that cost that bit extra here n there or had 2 undo something we just did 2 work around it etc .....

U could go the lotus S path and have a nice cooler hanging out of the bonnet

exige240r05_engine.jpg

You can re-route the piping and have the intercooler in front with that type of supercharger. Not sure if there is space for the extension bracket so the alternator can move forward.

Edited by Danz

ok guys .... ive cleaned up the thread .... keep it on topic and no one personally attacking anyone else ..... this is Fat-911's thread and stop hijacking it ..... please take all ur issues with other ppl out on each other off the forum and not in other peoples topics .......

Thank you xoom for answering my question indirectly re sticking stuff outside the bonnet. Thought it might work.

yes it will work but u might find that u will earn some un-desired attention from the boys in blue ...... as Danz stated i would probably mod that kit so the piping sat the cooler behind the front bar ..... u may also have 2 do something about the radiator .... maybe ..... but u might be able to squeeze the piping through ......

Bill's Turbo kit is about as comprehensive and well thought out as you could get but even he is still having issues mainly because of his manifold and the turbo/dump location.... (C2Power manifold designed for Euro LHD celicas, but about the only kit manifold that will also fit RHD Celicas/Corollas) these are the same issues the PETIR turbo celica in MLB had so yeah even a custom and shop turbo kits have problems on RHD cars due to the location of our steering rack.

Thx 4 da compliment .... lol ..... was a little over 2yrs planning and buying parts .... but yes correct about the stupid RHD steering rack issue .... lol ..... hopefully we have helped the issue out by installing a power steering cooler now & making a scoop out of the heat shielding under the car to basically take air in as im driving along ..... You will also notice from the 2nd picture i found a cool way 2 relocate the horns ;) ;) ;) ;)

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

tisk tisk so much stuffing around with turbos and superchargers il have a n/a stroker kit for me please i like to hear em scream :lol: but seriously the rotrex looks like a good option there better than all the alternatives on the other chargers, keep us all posted on your project fat-911

thought i would just add my "2c" here as well...

Fat-911 - go for it mate, don't listen to any of the whining nay sayers, if you got the cash and the knowhow i personally don't think a supercharger job on the 2zz would be hard at all. As Xoom said there will be little issues you will come across but nothing a bit of perseverance cant overcome! Hit Xoom up for a Power FC hookup...he is a proven successful middle man (dont let him rip you off though :P) Also as for the radiator, a custom job there should be easy...if you are lucky you may even be able to find a good dual core that could do the job for you :)