illuminated RED / BLUE door sills

MarkMish

Ok to far we've found out the following for the QLD "people" (not Boys, lets be correct about this... hahaha)

QLD

yoshi (North Brisbane) - Blue

DHC09 - Blue

Bee (Coast) - Red

fudgebottom (South Brisbane) - Blue

:D

ur onto it fudgebottom................. :yahoo:

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you guys should have a group install day too!! hehehe for when you collect your sills :lol: maybe you could toss an imaginary coin to see what address is most central for me to send it to so i can send it express post. :lol:

list updated for part II :D

part I is fully paid!! :toast:

PART I:

UPDATED!!

thanks everyone for being so quick !! :toast:

[sYD]

M_M -R PAID

saiya- R PAID

sinan -B PAID

skriblez- B PAID

magic -R PAID

pujo- B PAID

encounta - B PAID

GtiRboy - B PAID

Bit Racer -B PAID

phoboi - R PAID

blak_tivo_roket - R PAID

ROLNIT- R PAID

x_tarcy33- R PAID

ROLLAS - R PAID

[sA]

Lucky_Luke -R PAID

[ACT]

Airbourne128224 - B PAID

[MELB]

eric - R PAID

[QLD]

dimsim8 - B PAID

[WA]

Jay. -B - PAID

kenneth -B PAID

m L e 's AE112 - B PAID

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GROUP BUY PART II : I WILL START TAKING PAYMENTS AS SOON AS THE PART I ARRIVES. :toast:

THANKS EVERYONE!!

QLD

yoshi - blue

DHC09 - blue

Bee - red

fudgebottom - blue

Sydney

LiMz RoLLa - blue

Rolla_Boy - red

oncy - red

encounta (friend) - red

B rad - blue

Golfie 88 - red

MIIKEY - blue

qkslvr - red

ACT

fad - blue

Melbourne

punk_rolla - red

svk - red

«®olla™» - red

I think it would be easy to get them sent to one location in Brisbane and we all head to there to pick and and maybe install why we are together.

that's cool with me....but can it be on the coast side of brissy.......i dunnp how i'll go installing them hahahaha it'll be a laugh

Put me down for red in gb 2. Im from Melbourne. Thanks

done!!! :toast:

if i have accidentally forgotten anyone's names off the part II list please pm me and i will be sure to get it on asap.

for those people in part I i have good news the parcel will be here either today or monday at the latest. :toast:

for those who didn't see my PM or see the post......PART I HAS ARRIVED AND I WILL BE TAKING PAYMENTS FOR PART II ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN DISPATCHED TO EVERYONE.

for the sydney people who can make the meet tomorrow we will be there at 7:30ish at the homebush meet at P6.

if you can't make it tomorrow please PM me or ring me...thanks!!!!

ok i have installed them and there all working !!! woot woot :D

thanks Mish

:toast:

thats awesome!!! now you can come by and do ours :P :lol:

get any pics on the process though?

thanks Mish

na i didnt but its was the biggest pain lol.

the wires are a perfect length so when you cut it you cant join it back up .... you have to get more wire from somewhere else and join in on..thats the way i did it lol.

thanks Mish

na i didnt but its was the biggest pain lol.

the wires are a perfect length so when you cut it you cant join it back up .... you have to get more wire from somewhere else and join in on..thats the way i did it lol.

haha, yup, it's quite a big pain...

and i cut my first wire, then realised i should of just sliced them abit...

well, we have done one side, only the passenger side's left..

thanks to Mark for all your help, Phil, and my other friend for today...

Here's a bit of notes that I took down today while we were installing the sills:

As you lift the stock door sills, you can see a bunch of wires inside, the transformer for the door sill lights should be connected to a 12V wire and to the door sensor.

The door sensor connects to ground as you open the door and stays at around 9~11V when the door is closed. The wires for the four doors are color coded as:

Front right: Red Green

Rear Right: Red Yellow

Front Left: Red White

Rear Left: Red Black (There are 3 red&black wires, only one of them will work properly)

The 12V wire is blue yellow in color and it runs from the passenger side door to the rear left door then across to the rear right door. So the driver door will need an extra connection from the rear right, this can be done with an extra piece of wire linked to the rear right 12V wire and just run it to the front.

On the transformer, the red is to be connected to the 12V and the black is to be connected to the door switch.

below are some pictures to give you an idea.

I have just installed my door sills yesterday! Woo, they look awesome and add to the already silver and red theme in the car.

I followed the above instructions pretty much but it is probably a whole lot easier to melt or cut a section of plastic off the wires that are needed to be tapped into rather than cutting the wire completely. this method will help if you have chosen the wrong red/black wire in the rear right door. Not that i did though :yahoo:

Some help with the rear right door where there are 3 possible wires in the loom, there is a y section for the loom, cut into the straight section of the y (closest to the back of the car) and there is then only one red/black wire! And i found this wire right next to the Blue/Yellow wire which you need aswell.

Here are some picks of the sills.. Very nice..

Goodluck with the installs guys!

post-2661-1185105565_thumb.jpg

post-2661-1185105617_thumb.jpg

hey people. i got my blue ones yesterday and then i thought to myself why did i get blue. im goin for a black and red theme. with red painted callipers and black headlights. what am i gonna do with blue ones. so if any1 in the sydney area want to swap for some red ones, would be very happy. i am planing to put them on in the next few days so pm me if anyone wants to swap. thanx alot

i got mine a week or so ago...ebay form hong kong....fitted them on weekend....easy install and look great......only one of mine stuck really well, others not sticking too good....then i remebered at one point i prob wiped over the scuff plates with armor all....so some time this week ill peel them off, clean surface with metho or lighter fluid, add some real strong double sided tape from bunnings and put them back on....easy job, prob reccomend it from the start to add extra strong double sided tape from bunnings for extra "stick" and also to clean down with metho or lighter fluid...get rid of any oil residue that will result in poor adhesion....as 3 of my 4 scuff plates had <_<

nice and easy DIY at a cheapo price........and not 100 % rice lol they do have some functionallity.....hence there name "scuff plates" and also if your interior light happens to mysteriously blow one night they give you a little bit of light :P :lol::lol: