Popular Colour

shecskter

Hi there,

In the market for KX-S kluger. Just wondering what colours are popular out there. I've ruled out black as that was the colour of my LX Captiva (which I've sold and now targeting a kluger, hope it's the right choice)

The mrs is leaning towards Glacier but I'm inclined to Tidal Blue.

Thanks

Hi there,

In the market for KX-S kluger. Just wondering what colours are popular out there. I've ruled out black as that was the colour of my LX Captiva (which I've sold and now targeting a kluger, hope it's the right choice)

Thanks

Black is a mongrel to keep clean and shows every tiny little washing scratch. Great colour, but never again!

My silver WRX hides a multitude of sins if I don't have a chance to wash it for a while.

Edited by The Fly

Hi there,

Thanks

Ebony is the most popular colour in my area. I had an ebony for a 3 day test drive and found it looked filthy without driving in the rain or offroad.

I bought a graphite instead, as has someone else in my street. It looked relatively clean for a decent amount of time without washing. I am getting a replacement graphite, so it must have been OK.

I also have a silver pearl which looks really good and hides the dirt better than the graphite.

I didn't really like the blues and especially the tidal blue after the incident with an ex-eagle last year.

We have a Graphite, and seen a few around so its a pretty popular colour.

*** Maybe we can start a new thread/survey to see what colours everyone has there ???

Just need everyone to use a picture of their car as their avatar.

I still need to update mine to show how the Grande looked after the roll or the new KX-R.

Our order of preference was Graphite then Crystal Pearl... until SWMBO saw a Merlot Red one on the showroom floor, and that was it :rolleyes:

Should have it on Friday B)

I get my merlot Kluger on Friday (just getting out of a Presara, another baby due!), I think it looks great with the alloys and dark tint.

How was the Captiva experience shecskter?

I have Graphite. My dealer when I ordered said graphite was the most popular colour but who knows. I have seen a few around but also silver, blue and black. I've seen more Klugers this month than ever before.

I get my merlot Kluger on Friday <snip> I think it looks great with the alloys and dark tint

My thoughts too - so that's two Merlots delivered Friday B) Haven't seen one on the road yet

Edited by holmesie

I get my merlot Kluger on Friday (just getting out of a Presara, another baby due!), I think it looks great with the alloys and dark tint.

How was the Captiva experience shecskter?

Had the LX Captiva for 1 year. My wife calls it the "CRAPtiva", does that answer your question? :)

Kidding aside, I thought it was good value for money. The only problem with it and the main reason why we sold it was because it was emitting a sulphur-like odour (rotten egg). Holden knew about this defect but just didn't know how to fix it. Apart from this, it was okay. Engine also felt sluggish and uninspiring.

But my wife & I believe that the 3rd row seats are far better than the Kluger or Territory or Outlander. Captiva 3rd row seats are split folding.

Rotten egg smell comes from your catalytic converter not working. All they really should have done is replace this. Thats what i have been told is the cause of the smell(had it in a commodore years ago). Happens to all types of cars.

Yes, crystal pearl for me! Although as it was the only demo model, we had little choice.

Up here the white keeps the car a little cooler, and the resale value is better. (As if we'd want to sell it!)

As an aside, in the USA the white is called Blizzard Pearl. I wonder if this is the same a Crystal Pearl.

Picked mine up today :) Excuse the crappy phone pic, but silly old me forgot my camera and it was the only way to capture it in it's gloryful newness - now it's completely covered in mud from the drive home :rolleyes:

20062008001Medium.jpg

Picked mine up today :) Excuse the crappy phone pic, but silly old me forgot my camera and it was the only way to capture it in it's gloryful newness - now it's completely covered in mud from the drive home :rolleyes:

Congrats holmesie. Enjoy the weekend!

I think blizzard white is the same as Crystal pearl, to confirm it is we have to see the paint code.

Here is a list of Australian and US equivalent paint codes:

Crystal Pearl 070 Blizzard Pearl

Silver Pearl 1F7 Classic Silver Metallic

Graphite 1G3 Magnetic Gray Metallic

Ebony 202 Black

Merlot Red 3Q3 Salsa Red Pearl

Sandstone 4t8 Sandy Beach Metallic

Sage 6T7 Cypress Pearl

Glacier 8S7 Wave Line Pearl

Tidal Blue 8T7 Blue Streak Metallic

May come in handy when buying colour matched accessories from USA.

holmesie, GLAD TO SEE. saw your other pic, it looks very diferent now. I washed mine this morning, travels to parents, and it looks the same as prior to washing now(been having light showers all day, just enough to get the dirt wet on the roads, not enough to wash it off the road!

Oh well, did you get a tow bar too?

Yeah got the factory towbar, but won't be towing anything until it's got 1,000k's or so on the clock - shouldn't take long the way we rack them up :rolleyes:

Those matched paint-codes will definitely come in handy, thanks PaulG :)

we have been pretty slow as iu have been working full time with no days off as yet, so only up to 871ks at the moment, should schedulethe 1000checkup next wk. Did your towbar come with 2 x D shackles? Mine didnt and the previous commodore did...