TRD Aurion Pro-Factory Xtreme (Pro-FX) drag car

funkd

Not sure if this has been posted up..

Toyota unveiled the TRD Aurion Pro-Factory Xtreme (Pro-FX) drag car at Willowbank Raceway in Queensland today ahead of its debut outing at the biggest event in Australian drag racing, the 2008 Winter nationals. Run by former Australian champion Tony Wedlock and his Ultimate Motorsport team, the TRD Aurion Pro-FX has a top speed of more than 350km/h.

Powered by a turbocharged six-cylinder Toyota engine, the TRD Aurion Pro-FX produces 1300kW and launches from 0-100km/h in less than one second.

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-810-The+Au...ralia!.html

YIKES!!! They've done a rwd conversion!!!!

it is unlikely we can even touch one of these... how much they invested in this babies? 1m? i dont think its enough..

rather, in the same webpage, i looked at the Nissan Skyline 370Gt coupe... woot! that is what i like~

Toyota unveiled the TRD Aurion Pro-Factory Xtreme (Pro-FX) drag car at Willowbank Raceway in Queensland today ahead of its debut outing at the biggest event in Australian drag racing, the 2008 Winter nationals. Run by former Australian champion Tony Wedlock and his Ultimate Motorsport team, the TRD Aurion Pro-FX has a top speed of more than 350km/h.

Powered by a turbocharged six-cylinder Toyota engine, the TRD Aurion Pro-FX produces 1300kW and launches from 0-100km/h in less than one second.

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-810-The+Au...ralia!.html

YIKES!!! They've done a rwd conversion!!!!

Whats the bet it's just a silhouette shell just like NASCAR (and the GAS Camry, for a more local example) running a tubular spaceframe chassis and 2JZGTE. So basically nothing to do with an Aurion at all, except that it looks a bit like one.

OMG....

It is a real monster!!

1300kW and 0-100km/h in less than one second??

Is that really possible?

It sounds like going 0-100Km/h without changing gears. :blink:

i think the only thing aurionish about it would be the front end, "slight resemblance" :lol:

pretty sweet though :)

lol it sure is possible, top fuel dragsters do 0-100 in about .5 sec

crazy fast!

2 spd, 3 spd autos etc

Edited by Pumped

I never understood how those work. Last time I was at Willowbank for the 42nd Australian Nationals, they brought out a Solara that they just got from the USA. It was powered by a 2JZ with a Garrett GT60. That car was wicked quick. Basically though, it was just the shell that was the Solara. This basically looks like what is being show here.

So what exactly does the car need to have (such as in this case) to make them call it an Aurion? I'm just curious as to how this all works.

i think the only thing aurionish about it would be the front end, "slight resemblance" :lol:

pretty sweet though :)

lol it sure is possible, top fuel dragsters do 0-100 in about .5 sec

crazy fast!

2 spd, 3 spd autos etc

Top Fuelers don't actually have 2 or 3 speed gearboxes, they have a single speed with a lockup centrifugal clutch setup that progressively engages down the run. Doorslammers etc usually have a 2-speed gearbox activated by a button on the steering wheel or dashboard, not a conventional shifter.

That thing is just painted to look like an aurion, still I wouldnt mind seeing what toyota could do with a RWD Aurion, I reckon the TRDs should have had AWD, and allowed for the power output to be pumped up a bit more as apparently those supercharged engines are capable of a heck of a lot more than what they have given us.

it is unlikely we can even touch one of these... how much they invested in this babies? 1m? i dont think its enough..

rather, in the same webpage, i looked at the Nissan Skyline 370Gt coupe... woot! that is what i like~

I love those cars, I found it a shame they had the maxima here instead of the 4 door version of that. Nissan Australia needs to start offering more sportier cars than the line up they have here.