The new and improved FLYZR6

FLYZR6

Hey guys thought id post an update in regards to what i have done to it so far..

Dont think i have posted any piks of it before so ill do it now lol

so far i have done

20" Dolce DC16 wheels

Lowered 2.5" all round

Cold air intake

Carbon Fibre Canons

Changed Dolce wheels to FOX RACING FASHION 20" Wheels (more classy/sporty)

and atm new leather interior

Next mod new sound system the standard one is not loud enough and is bad quality when turned up

after that some kind of perofmance mod looking at flashing the ecu atm with CV performance keep you posted

enjoy

DSC03853.jpg

off the show room floor

DSC03930.jpg

Dolce DC16 20" Installed

13052008005.jpg

Lowered 2.5" and cruising

DSCF1027.jpg

New Fox Racing Fashion 20" Installed

Thanks guys.. yeah interior should be here and stat to fit in a few hours im pumped lol cant wait

however a few good things came out to this as well i found some stuff under the seats that disapeared a while ago lol including a cd lmaooo...

BTW the swift gti "FLYGTI" in the picks is mine also, dont drive it much anymore though the zr seems to be a lot more comfortable lolll

Sweet ride, love the rims... !

Makes me wanna get mine too!

Are you going to sound deaden the interior of the car too while the seats are out?

Thanls bro oh btw the Dolce DC16 rims are for sale too if anyone is interested,

Not going to deaden the floor as it adds weight and i kind like the car to be nice and loud inside..

ive got the car booked into toyota on monday to have the steering wheel removed so i can get it trimmed and refitted. there charging me $65.00 p/h seems alright what you guys think?

Ali

Edited by FLYZR6

Are you going to sound deaden the interior of the car too while the seats are out?

Thanls bro oh btw the Dolce DC16 rims are for sale too if anyone is interested,

Not going to deaden the floor as it adds weight and i kind like the car to be nice and loud inside..

ive got the car booked into toyota on monday to have the steering wheel removed so i can get it trimmed and refitted. there charging me $65.00 p/h seems alright what you guys think?

Ali

Good work buddy, looks nice, good choice changing to the FOX's, they suit the car really well.

Do u know how much approx it cost to deaden the car? Aurion is pretty Sh!t compared to other Jap car. Honda & Mazda have good 'absorb' within the interior..That's maybe only in AUs IMO...

Btw, Sweet ride Fly...The gas station looks familiar...City?

Edited by VF-X

You want to DIY for to lower the cost...

DJKOR did his interior, so he would know the true cost of the deadening... Dynamat would cost about 300 bucks for 2 doors from my recollection...

If i were to do it, I would probably grab a tub of 5L bitumen paint, thick aluminium foil and DIY with all the seats out and the doors too...

You can get non Dynamat mat from Jaycar costing about 20-30 bucks per sheet and each sheet covers about 3/4 of a door, just as good... coz i have it on my Yaris... (which I did the doors but not the floor...

Cheers

DJKOR did his interior, so he would know the true cost of the deadening... Dynamat would cost about 300 bucks for 2 doors from my recollection...

Well I didn't quite do my interior. After stripping the car apart, I lined all the area under the carpet and rear parcel shelf with this stuff from Jaycar:

Improved Heavy Duty Sound Barrier Absorbing / Damping Material

I never really drove my car before applying it (car was unregistered before hand), so I can't tell if it made any slight difference. As well, all the underfelt on my carpet was replaced as well with a more heavier duty underfelt (hospitality grade; thank you Stamford Plaza) so that would contribute a little more. In my opinion, it didn't do much at all, but its also hard to tell because I have nothing to compare to.

In the end though, I wasn't aiming to sound deaden my car. I had my car in pieces and had some of that stuff laying around from my old attempt to silence my Camry interior (which I never got around to), so I thought I may as well use it.

I guess you say I understand the cost in deadening in terms of pulling the car apart to work on such.

I got a bunch of these for my Yaris doors...

Jay Car bitumen base sound deadener

and also got this from Supercheap...

Septone Brushcote Body Deadener 4L

I did this on my Yaris on the doors only... and it really cut out more than 60% of the noise from outside, you can tell the difference because Yaris got thinner metal than Aurion...

However it was a messy job having to take apart the doors and the bitumen fumes that gives you a high... ;)

Edited by Speedz

Looks sweet.

Those Fox wheels were also on my list of possibilities, I've narrowed it down to those, the Fox R5's or some multi spoke ones.

The Dolce's would look alot better on a black Non-Sportivo I think.

Are you revealing your plans for the interior or do we have to wait until its done?

Dude, what the hell has been happening??? I havn't seen you in *** knows how long haha...

Nice to see you've upgraded too :P :P :P ...

I just bought myself a 2002 Prado so thats a pretty big change for me too...

Will definately have to catch up soon mate... The car looks great by the way, new rims are much better than the Dolce's ;) ;) ;) ...

Dude, what the hell has been happening??? I havn't seen you in *** knows how long haha...

Nice to see you've upgraded too :P :P :P ...

I just bought myself a 2002 Prado so thats a pretty big change for me too...

Will definately have to catch up soon mate... The car looks great by the way, new rims are much better than the Dolce's ;) ;) ;) ...

hahaha yeah man been a while lol you seen this thing awhile ago dont you remmber at homebush? all it had was 20' on it then was a week old lol...

yeah we have to some time soon but unfortunattly i dont have the car as of this morning i droped it off to sydney city toyota to have the front lower spoiler resprayed, the hit the spoiler while it was being serviced a few months ago and fixed it but looked like a backyard job... now its there again to have it redone hopefully this time it will be alright..

Ps: i got the interior fitted guys but really late finished last night so i didnt take piks as yet but when i get it back wed i will take some and post them up.. al i can say is daaaaaaaaaaammmnnn it looks fine lolll

Not too sure man lol... That would've been a while ago lol...

You coming to final battle or are we cruising before then???

Bring it to me man, I work at Chatswood Toyota, I'll look after the car for ya...

Yeah ill be there as a spectator though no more shows bro over it...

i got a few warrenty issues that need to be resolved on the car can you sort them out for me? ive been waiting on sydney city toyota to do them for a while now just seems there time managment is not all that..