need help?

hi guys got abit of an issue since i had my new wheels fitted 17" im getting a shocking vibration in the steering when between 99 to 105kph what would this be?

alingment?

the wheels?

somthing else?

that last car i had with an issue like this it was the uni joint.

anyway any advice would be good im gonna go back to where i had the wheels fitted and ask them aswel.

thanks

get the wheels balanced up to 120kph. Also make sure the wheel shop put hub-centric rings on your wheels as they help to center the wheel on the hub.

same thing happened to me after i swapped my wheels over to get them powdercoated. the steering would shake on the freeway... pretty scary :rolleyes:

allignment fixed all this up though. hell, i can even drive in a straight line without even putting my hands on the wheel. :lol:

Check hub rings and get the wheels balanced to suit the tyres. If that doesn't work then get the wheels balanced on the car. This fixed my slight shake in the wheel at about 105-110km/hr. :)

get the wheels balanced up to 120kph.

does have them balanced up to 120 cover you for when you are on the tracking going 160+

or do you need to have them balanced at a higher rate?

balancing up to 120 is for a normal street driven car, as if they're done to 120 you should not get any vibration during normal street use. It's up to the wheel shops machinery as to what speed they can balance to, I've never asked for higher than 120

Guys just go back to where u bought the rims and get them to fit hub rings on the car..... I have a slight vibration its not bad but enough for me to say well thats not normal so i went back and they are ordering some in for me.....

There is no standard size before u start asking for part # because it depends on ur rims and how much movement there is ......

cheers

Bill

p.s. this should be done free off charge and i suggest u put up a fight if they say they wanna charge u for doing this.