Race pipe

DuGong

i just got a quote for a race pipe for the 1zz rollas from livo exhaust. mandrel bent 2.25in piping... not press bent

120bucks for mild steel....

im planing to get it either this week or on the weekends.

anyone bought stuff from livo exhasut?

i just got a quote for a race pipe for the 1zz rollas from livo exhaust. mandrel bent 2.25in piping... not press bent

120bucks for mild steel....

im planing to get it either this week or on the weekends.

anyone bought stuff from livo exhasut?

Edited by MsportivO

price seems a bit on the high side... $20 worth of pipe MAX including the bend and it's $35 to have the special flange machined up.

I wonder what they charge to fit just a "sports" rear muffler.

price seems a bit on the high side... $20 worth of pipe MAX including the bend and it's $35 to have the special flange machined up.

I wonder what they charge to fit just a "sports" rear muffler.

yeah.. but whos gonna make it for u..? u forgot to include the labour.... and also.. the pipe just doesnt come with bends in it already for teh rolla....

maybe i could bargin with them for a slightly cheaper price...

wouldnt mind the exhaust lookin like this with a very slight angle....

dsc052532nd.jpg

well the last one we had made for Shao was $35 for the flange and a section of pipe on it from Extreme Custom Engineering. if he wanted a full pipe it was $20 more including the mounts. For $120 I'd expect it to be in stainless at least.

yeah... im gonna get it... just need to bargin more.... then i buy it..

why? group buy? lol

doesnt depends on the length and diameter of the tubing?

im am getting 2.25in.... shouldnt it be better than running eco friendly muffler (non-sport type)?

these things have been dyno proven to loose power...noise dont equal power..

Was the dyno test taken in the same day and same humality?

A stright pipe who no muffler will definitly out flow the one with a muffler. I personally gain 10kw more with stright pipe in my rex.

these things have been dyno proven to loose power...noise dont equal power..

Was the dyno test taken in the same day and same humality?

A stright pipe who no muffler will definitly out flow the one with a muffler. I personally gain 10kw more with stright pipe in my rex.

your rex has a turbo, the dyno runs were done back to back.

yeah... im gonna get it... just need to bargin more.... then i buy it..

why? group buy? lol

you wanna buy mine?

got pic?

how much u wanna sell?

stainless or mild?

Looks eaxctly like that i used it for one saturday to shw the guys at the meet. brand new $90

dsc052532nd.jpg

well BaNgn got hi 14s with injen, and racepipe. Oh and heavy duty clutch.

If you look this vid of celica with Kazuma TRD cat back race pipe system, as it revs, u can tell its bogging down at low - mid, but after that it shoots into the horizon. Why would TRD made that catback if it doesn't improve the car? Think about it.

Oh Shao went faster with race pipe too at track.

From my experiences with exhaust systems...I would say a race pipe will undoubtedly yield gains, however it will come at a tax. With the removal of the stock muffler, when the car is under load, you will lose a fair amount of torque, more noticably in the bottom end as a result of the absence of backpressure. When the car is NOT under load however (ie, only 1 person in the car) you will see gains accross the band, moreso in the midrange and top end where the restrictions of a muffler stop the car from breathing like it could.

Basically i am saying, in ideal conditions, free'er flow = more power. This is why the race pipe has more effective application to the track (hence the name 'racepipe') as motor racing is generally performed in the higher RPMs to maintain peak output.

From my experiences with exhaust systems...I would say a race pipe will undoubtedly yield gains, however it will come at a tax. With the removal of the stock muffler, when the car is under load, you will lose a fair amount of torque, more noticably in the bottom end as a result of the absence of backpressure. When the car is NOT under load however (ie, only 1 person in the car) you will see gains accross the band, moreso in the midrange and top end where the restrictions of a muffler stop the car from breathing like it could.

Basically i am saying, in ideal conditions, free'er flow = more power. This is why the race pipe has more effective application to the track (hence the name 'racepipe') as motor racing is generally performed in the higher RPMs to maintain peak output.

WELL QUOTED. :)

i agree B)

On a Sportivo a racepipe would not lose power only if you remained in lift all the time. Anything under that and you'll be robbing peter to pay paul. Might make more power top end but it'll knock the bum out of your low to mid range power but increase your "noise power". Before you all say it doesn't SHOW PROOF!!!!. A sportivo on a dyno with the rear muffler removed loses a fair whack of power from 2500-5900 till you hit lift then it's much of a muchness for power. One thing I've learned from spending hours mucking around with exhausts for these things is that they have a very fine line when it comes to getting the backpressure right. That combined with the noise factor is not an easy task to get right.

Personally I think the racepipes sound like a Gemini with a crow bar through the rear muffler. :lol: Popping and banging and the friggen deafening drone in the car. I know I sat in Shao's car(now Northy's car) for a few laps around Darlington Park and it's enough to give a deaf man a headache. :P

I did feel gains with the pipe but as you said low down felt dead! I took it off cos my neighbourhood is very quite and you can hear me coming home at in the evening. lol!

might get the cops waiting at my driveway too!