Actual ft86

Audio115

So I just got back from Japan three days ago for a snowboarding holiday, and on my travels I happened across the Toyota big air festival at the Sapporo dome in Sapporo, where they were unveiling the new aqua ( a hybrid carolla) and the FT86 - three seperately versions all slightly different, pics will be up when I get home but of the three versions two had alloy wheels, neither have been displayed in the recent write ups in wheels car magazine and it's competitor magazines nor have they been shown on the Subaru BRZ. Two featured a 3.5' exhaust system and two were manual. The colours were red, orange and gun metal gray. In Japan the car goes for 2,500,000¥ approximately 25k in AUD, Toyota wants 40k approx - surely it's cheaper than 15knto import :s

thread is useless without pictures................................................................. <_<

THIS!

I was expecting at least some sort of 'Hey you behind the bushes' type of pic.

Getting a little worked up at the number of people still using 'FT' in front of the model name ... sorry for the need to rant :(

Accepted titles for all markets include:

* GT 86

* FR-S

* BRZ

Getting a little worked up at the number of people still using 'FT' in front of the model name ... sorry for the need to rant :(

Accepted titles for all markets include:

* GT 86

* FR-S

* BRZ

there is also 86 Apex and one unique To Australia but im not sure if i can say what it is or not yet lol

there is also 86 Apex and one unique To Australia but im not sue if i can say what it is or not yet lol

True, but that is a grade level. In Australia we will have # different grades, including the "86 **" and "86 ***". Later down the track there will be an option pack for the second grade.

I'll be getting the "86 ***" ... without the future option pack, as it doesn't appeal to me.

Interestingly, the plates for both grades are unavailable in VIC ... but there could be an old Corolla out there wearing them?

there is also 86 Apex and one unique To Australia but im not sue if i can say what it is or not yet lol

True, but that is a grade level. In Australia we will have # different grades, including the "86 **" and "86 ***". Later down the track there will be an option pack for the second grade.

I'll be getting the "86 ***" ... without the future option pack, as it doesn't appeal to me.

Interestingly, the plates for both grades are unavailable in VIC ... but there could be an old Corolla out there wearing them?

correct there will be two levels available in Aust both with 6 speed manual and auto transmissions. GT86 that every body knows about and also 86*** (which seems like a slightly random name given the history) Apprently only the 86*** gets paddles the lower end auto doesnt? and yes it

s possible one of the older ones have those plates 86 has gone in Tas and we have GT-86 and im thinking about getting the other plate

...but there could be an old Corolla out there wearing them?

Or a dealership (or someone else in the know) has already snagged them in the same fashion as Adamsy just suggested.

hey guys so sorry to keep you hanging, get home for two hours get called back to work for another week :@

anyways as promised, the pictures i took, when i see my dad next ill get the ones he took...

img0673oc.jpg

img0672ox.jpg

img0671bw.jpg

imagescy.jpg

imagexww.jpg

imagekolm.jpg

imagekolm.jpg

img0675hv.jpg

img0677m.jpg

img0678v.jpg

On the red car are 16 inch wheels for the base model. The wheels on the orange one is unique to the Tokyo Motor Show prototype, could be the same car from the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics!

Im sure there will be lots of 5x100 wheels out by the time this car hits the market...

Edited by Toyota_kid

Red one is massively under-wheeled. Then again, it is (half) a Toyota, so that really shouldn't come as much of a surprise. They wouldn't be a half bad looking rim if they were a couple inches bigger.