2013 Atara SX progress

hiwtf

Hey dinindu. I got them off ebay. They're magnaflow mufflers and exhaust tips. I got them seperate because magnaflow didn't have any offset to offset mufflers that came with a tip.

Would that void warranty? Curious because it might change the way the engine performs and that may void warranty... from what i've heard anyway

I'm not sure really on that one, i think it might void warranty because its not OEM

Edited by MANIKE

wouldn't mind changing the whole exhaust system in the future for the extra HP but then again... it's a camry lol
Anyway, the DRL LEDs came today but i wasn't able to install it since they only gave me the second page of the instructions. Emailed them asking to give me a copy of the first page but they have yet to reply :(

wouldn't mind changing the whole exhaust system in the future for the extra HP but then again... it's a camry lol

Anyway, the DRL LEDs came today but i wasn't able to install it since they only gave me the second page of the instructions. Emailed them asking to give me a copy of the first page but they have yet to reply :(

With LEDs did u end up gettin ones off the ebay listing or that other website?

I got the one from that website. $190 altogether. I had a little trouble installing them but finally finished early this afternoon. It's a pain in the ***** to get the Fog bezels out lol
I'll take pictures tonight or tomorrow when i get the chance.

• Like 1

Here's a few pics of the DRL kit. There are 2 modes you can choose. Tap in the blue wire and the DRL stays on when headlights are off, Dims when lights are on (This is my set up). The second mode is to tap in the white wire instead and the DRL stays on until headlights are turned on.

Quite simple to do. Just had to strip abit of the wires for the light and in the fuse box, then I soldered the wires to the instructed wires. Hardest part was getting the damn fog bezels off... the screws are a pain in the ***** to get to. You have to take off your splash guards.

Would recommend as it is a nice addition to the car :)

Edited by hiwtf
  • Like 2

I emailed the guy and he asked for my number and called me. He told me the first sheet of instructions were for the american version of the isntall so he didn't provide it. He provided pics of what wires he tapped in though so i just looked at it and figured out myself which wires to solder the lights together

Hey tone,

I got mine done at magnum signs in ravenhall by lindsay. Hes a certified 3m installer, hes a good guy. Mines 3m gloss black. He has a couple of other industry standard brands too. I think a paid 350 or 400 for the roof, rear bumper and duck spoiler to be wrapped. So it might cost you $300 thru him.

I thought about matte black too but chose gloss for a smoother transition between the windscreens. If I had it wrapped again id probably seriously consider white carbon fibre look... maybe you wanna try that? I never seen it around n I reckon itll look sweet.

Thanks Rich. Hmm If anything i might just try do it myself. That's what 2 of my mates did and it turned out pretty good. If anything i'll check out that place you recommended

Never seen white carbon fibre... Tried googling some images but nothing came up. Think i still prefer matte black

Yeah there's lots of good youtube videos to get ideas from. After talking to a couple of installers I'd probably suggest gettin good quality vinyl if ya do it yaself - apparently theyre alot easier to pull up if ya need to readjust/apply.

Matte black is nice, no doubt, but i guess thats another reason i chose gloss, i've seen too much matte.

Here's the white:

1080_glossywhitecarbonfiber_400tn.jpg

webDSCN7113.jpg

S7kiz.jpg

Couldn't find a good car pic within 5 minutes... Hehe.

Haha yeah i was tryna look for the white wrap on cars but could only find it on phones and other small car parts etc.

Ah i see. I was just planning to get it off ebay. I'll look more into it. Still undecided if i'm actually gonna do it or not... I think it would look nice but I guess i could leave it til later on or something.

Most likely get HIDs next

IMO, black gloss is the best roof cover for a white car! It's a seamless blend into the paint and surrounding front and rear glass. I've seen matte/carbon and it kind of breaks it up the flow.

Carbon white would be different though, not sure how it would look haha.

• 3 months later...

Long time no post! Been busy with work and other commitments.
Haven't done anything to the car ever since besides have people rear end my car while at a complete stop lol... Other than that, Got my rear guards rolled and running on my mate's white te37

Thanks guys.
The rears are 19x9.5 +22 and fronts are 19x9 +35 i think? I can't remember what he told me but yeah. Rears are abit more aggresive so it pokes out quite abit so i had to get the guards rolled and now i'm just trying to find a camber kit to camber it by about... -2, Just to stop the rubbing when i hit hard bumps

Yeah thought so. Tried looking everywhere for it but could only find camber bolts. Guess i'll just have to get that and see how i go. Thanks Jeff