Post recall -- Right Suspension

srr

I was very happy after the recall has been completed but now I have noticed these strange noise coming from the front right suspension. :(

I also did my 15000km service and did a wheel alignment and rotation as well..

Maybe it is the same problem that some ppl have been having with the shocks.

maybe i will try to tighten the bolts of the wheels.. :unsure:

Yeah, I've had the same prob since my 15K service but did not think much of it as it was not too bad at the time but has been getting worse recently (20K service just over a month ago) and the steering has started to feel very loose and 'floaty'.

When I get the recall work done (still no letter.... :angry: ) I'll have a chat to them and see what they say and can do...

I have had my front suspension replaced under warranty already. There is a new version of the front macpherson strut. The car handles better and I have no noise anymore.

Yeap.. thats what i read from ur past post.. so i will ask toyota to check it out and see if it is that problem.

I have had my front suspension replaced under warranty already. There is a new version of the front macpherson strut. The car handles better and I have no noise anymore.

Thanks PeeKay, I'll see if I can sus that out... but I do have to talk nicely to the lovely people that Zeerolla had to also so don't know how long it is going to take them to finally decide that my car is worthy of their attention... <_<

My suspension is starting to make noises too, thudding over bumps but i can still live with it. I have only covered 10,000kms. Steering has been very light and floaty since i purchased the car and shudders under braking sometimes (not ABS).

I wouldn't bother speaking to Toyota again regarding the issues i have unless something really is broken. It is just taking up too much of my time.

recently started getting the thudding noise.

peekay: what can i do if i've already lowered my car. won't they say "because you've lowered your car..you've voided your warranty in regards to your shocks?"

is there anything we can do for people who have lowered their car?

Thanx

Chris

I'm another one with this problem. The front left suspension is noticeably louder than right over even small bumps in the road. On the other end of the scale I have had instances of going over speed humps at slow speed and hearing a loud CRACK :o from the front left. Upon inspection not a single mark on the bumper lip, underbody etc. the noise has to be somewhere in the front strut, or suspension/steering linkage. I will have it checked out at the next service.

i find that when i go over taller speed humps, the left seems to take longer to come down, then the right side, anyone experienced that? it could be the fact that the right side of the road dips more than the middle, not 100% sure.

i find that when i go over taller speed humps, the left seems to take longer to come down, then the right side, anyone experienced that? it could be the fact that the right side of the road dips more than the middle, not 100% sure.

maybe its u'r weight ;) :lol:

I'm another one who has the same problem with the shocks. When I turn right, I hear a knock on the front left suspension. i have been to Toyota 3 times telling them about it and each time they say that they could not see where the prob is. We went for test drives and the mechanic acknowledges the noise but each time could not find out where it's coming from. Since the recall mods I am getting rattles even more on the passenger door, glove box and CD deck. :(

i will be taking it back next week and see what they can do.

• 2 weeks later...