CES Feedback

I had that issues of it vibrating against the heat shield, i used to get it when i take off, and when ur a slight hill. Some how mines just went away by itself.

Ur resonator is hitting the heat shield.....its an annoying noise...

I doubt it is the exhuast it self its the installation. :clap:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx azza.!! ur da man.. i know what the problem is now .. but i cannot get under the car to cable tie the mounts properly, ill wait till tuesday to get it onto a hoist and point out the issue.

:)

thanx for all ur help guys!! :yahoo:

thats not the problem. the problem is that the exhaust is too big for the space that toyota made for the exhaust. it was designed for the standard exhaust, not a CES exhaust.

hmmmm dunno about that mate ..... i now have 3 inches running end to end and i dont have rattles, knocks, nuthing ..... no noises nuthing ..... then again i cant exactly hear over the exaust if im giving it a wack so hmmmmm ...... but from what i can feel when i had the CES u could feel a slight knock in those hard right corners ..... i dont get that at all at the moment with the larger exhaust .....

Ok.... havent had time to fix the exhaust rattle.. but i managed to reset the ecu.

Outcome ...

Def. gained power from mid-range 2000rpm-5000rpm... feels like another "LIFT" or the car is just Spooling harder.. wheels chirp on gears 1 and 2 now b4 hitting lift.

Got to drive it to Great ocean road on Friday and got to go hard on some of the hills, yes u can feel the difference when climbing.

The system sounds great.. bassy note like a remus, but screams when u hit lift with cai.

I rate this exhaust system 9/10.. the other 1/10 is bc the exhaust doesnt look shexc enough.. tip is too small :lol:

Def. recommend to all of u guys.

Ok.... havent had time to fix the exhaust rattle.. but i managed to reset the ecu.

Outcome ...

Def. gained power from mid-range 2000rpm-5000rpm... feels like another "LIFT" or the car is just Spooling harder.. wheels chirp on gears 1 and 2 now b4 hitting lift.

Got to drive it to Great ocean road on Friday and got to go hard on some of the hills, yes u can feel the difference when climbing.

The system sounds great.. bassy note like a remus, but screams when u hit lift with cai.

I rate this exhaust system 9/10.. the other 1/10 is bc the exhaust doesnt look shexc enough.. tip is too small :lol:

When you say wheels chirp, is that when lift engages or when u change into 2nd before lift. I find it hard to believe our cars have enough power.

Outcome ...

Mate glad your happy with it after the reset. If you give the mounts a tweak like the pics of Azza's it'll be all sweet. The stock rubber mounts are a bit soft and I think something slightly heavier would be the solution to the system moving on the mounts so much.

I've got the oldest CES system and have had my mounts done like this for quite a while. It was ok for a while but then started hitting on cornering etc so investigated into movement on the mounts and the outcome was what we have done to the mounts on Azza's and others cars.

BTW Zip ties on my mounts have been there for nearly 2 years now and still going strong :toast:

Outcome ...

When you say wheels chirp, is that when lift engages or when u change into 2nd before lift. I find it hard to believe our cars have enough power.

sounds like you need to get a ride in another sportivo :P

Outcome ...

sounds like you need to get a ride in another sportivo :P

I have the same combo, CAI and 2.5inch madrel bend catback. Car is definately faster compared to when it was stock, but I wouldnt call it very fast. Car is alot more drivable now I must admit and revs climb alot faster as well

Edited by JAZE55

Outcome ...

Unless you got a turbo, nothing is spooling :spiteful: , as for the midrange feeling like another lift, well nothing feels like lift. :spiteful: I know your'e over the moon with it, everyone is at the start because noise is VERY VERY deceptive. What i am referring to is if you see some old crappy v8...loud as shiet...when youre inside it feels like youre flying, but when you look at it from the outside you laugh cause the old heap aint moving nowhere....you get my drift dude.

The only true test comes when you jump back in a stockie and realise where the difference is....the midrange you think you gain, is definetly lost at low range rpm up to 3000, and definetly at top rpm...infact someone did a test recently and it cost them a few bucks too...umm showing a negative something figure, but definetly negative. Its up to them to show the real results. You know who you are. I will stay out of it.

To fix the rattles, you have to change the stock rubber mount holders to more solid units. Its a nice exhaust if you want to be heard, but as far as performance, it makes no difference, you go backwards. Not by much, nut you do go backwards.

You want performance, then buy a $30 octane boost bottle, and show up on dyno day telling everyone your car kicks **** in stock form...hey Billy Boy :yahoo::yahoo: $30 bucks worth for +4 kW or a few hundred for -4.... B) enuff said.

Does anyone have a sound clip of the ces exhuast?

the only clip i have of a ces on a corolla .... the first car has the CES the 2nd car is stock

i can "chirp" into second and i only have a 1zz... :clap::toast::yahoo:

So it must be possible in a tivo, yeah?

i believe he was refering to chirping the tyres when changing from 1st into 2nd .... and yes most certainly a stock stivo should b able to do this .....

with regards to the other part ..... yes ur gonna need a lot more power to spin the wheels simply by coming on lift ..... trust me i know :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Outcome ...

Unless you got a turbo, nothing is spooling :spiteful: , as for the midrange feeling like another lift, well nothing feels like lift. :spiteful: I know your'e over the moon with it, everyone is at the start because noise is VERY VERY deceptive. What i am referring to is if you see some old crappy v8...loud as shiet...when youre inside it feels like youre flying, but when you look at it from the outside you laugh cause the old heap aint moving nowhere....you get my drift dude.

The only true test comes when you jump back in a stockie and realise where the difference is....the midrange you think you gain, is definetly lost at low range rpm up to 3000, and definetly at top rpm...infact someone did a test recently and it cost them a few bucks too...umm showing a negative something figure, but definetly negative. Its up to them to show the real results. You know who you are. I will stay out of it.

To fix the rattles, you have to change the stock rubber mount holders to more solid units. Its a nice exhaust if you want to be heard, but as far as performance, it makes no difference, you go backwards. Not by much, nut you do go backwards.

You want performance, then buy a $30 octane boost bottle, and show up on dyno day telling everyone your car kicks **** in stock form...hey Billy Boy :yahoo::yahoo: $30 bucks worth for +4 kW or a few hundred for -4.... B) enuff said.

Welcome back to the forums Lucio....nice to see you havn't changed a bit

I stand for what I believe.

Enjoy your holiday

Come on Northy I understand the history with this guy (he has been pretty crude and rude in the past) but this time he made a simple, formulated (and quite polite) argument which is up to us whether we believe or not. If he started jumping up and down saying "F'ing this n F'ing that" about CES it would b fair enough to give him a posting ban but seeing as he did not do that I believe he is entitled to freedom of speech n to let everyone know about his experience.

NOTE: This post in no way either credits or discredits CES as I have had no experience with them to date, this is simply an objective comment stating what I have observed.

Edited by grima88

I have unbaned his original account, All he had to do was ask for the ban to be lifted and i would have done just that, there was no need to try and decieve people into thinking he was sombody that he is not. So its up to him weather he chooses to behave or not.

Corey

I was just giving a positive feedback guys.. will have to wait for the next dyno day with the group to see the potential in this system..

as for the chirping ... maybe it was shifting from 1st to 2nd.. ill have to retry it to comfirm :)

im just happy the car pulls harder... and has a nice sound to it.. :D

1-2 chirp is possible with a stock Sportivo

1-2 wheelspin is possible with a Sportivo & CES

2-3 chirp is possible with a freaky stock Sportivo

2-3 chirp is more than possible with a CES on your Sportivo.

This is all based on what I have been able to do in my car.

Now I have CES exhaust & TRD intake and I can spin into 2nd and 3rd.

or if u have crappy tires .. ull b chirping 1-5

lol

or if u have crappy tires .. ull b chirping 1-5

lol

Or if it's wet :P Spin city