Rear Skirt

Can someone confirm the rear skirt will fit on a facelift hatch corolla. Ive only seen it on the pre-facelift.

So i asked the the spare parts at CH toyota and they emailed me saying:

Hi Ron

The rear bar spoiler will not fit the facelift version of the Corolla hatch.

Factory fog lamp kit includes lamps, bar grilles,wiring and switch, etc

$495.00 inc GST ex Japan 10 business days

Regards

James Sloane

Castle Hill Toyota

2 Victoria Ave

Castle Hill NSW 2154

Ph: +61 2 8831-8831

Fax + 61 2 8831-8820

www.chtoyota.com.au

Scanned by the NetBox from CFS/Reynolds - Engineering & Network Operations.

I always thought the bums were identical?

Is he right or is he talking about something completely different (i noticed he said "rear bar spoiler" even tho i specified rear skirt [but it might be what they call it idno] )

Just double checking, before i buy.

The only difference between pre-facelift and facelift is the front and the rear tail-lights. The remainder of the car is identical. So the rear skirt (or even tail for that matter) are interchangeable.

From what ive learnt through my dealings with Castle Hill Toyota is the majority of the staff in the parts department dont know what there talking about, and they are too stubborn to admit an error. But yes, ive seen many facelift corollas with the rear skirt.

Edited by ar44

From what ive learnt through my dealings with Castle Hill Toyota is the majority of the staff in the parts department dont know what there talking about, and they are too stubborn to admit an error. But yes, ive seen many facelift corollas with the rear skirt.

its not just castle hill most dealer dont say " It will fit your car 100%"

because when the part comes in and it doesnt fit they dont want to take the blame.

I have ordered a few genuine parts that didnt fit and argued with the dealer to get refund.

I have a facelift and my rear skirt doesnt fit 100% or it could be the installer, but I did get Dsports to install it. I think it is alittle too long. The sides of my rear skirt have slight openings on the join, which is really pissn me off. But im sure the spacers should fix it. Fingers crossed.....

I have circeld in red where the problem is

resizewizard15hs0kq1.jpg

Edited by JAZE55

I have a facelift and my rear skirt doesnt fit 100% or it could be the installer, but I did get Dsports to install it. I think it is alittle too long. The sides of my rear skirt have slight openings on the join, which is really pissn me off. But im sure the spacers should fix it. Fingers crossed.....

Hey Mate,

Dave at Dsports put 1 spacer for me then I went and put another one in and it sits flush.

CHeers,

Gazoom

it will fit, but i think what they meant was that its not design to fit the stivos, facelift or not, coz the exhaust is different, stivo has straight exhaust tip and the others have bent down, so for a stivo u need to bend the exhaust tip down or cut a hole in the rear skirt

Hey Mate,

Dave at Dsports put 1 spacer for me then I went and put another one in and it sits flush.

CHeers,

Gazoom

Thanks Gazoom, I will be doing this shortly. The hole is really annoying me :(

i have just done the GB for the rear skirts

it will fit ALL sportivos PRE - and Facelift

but it wont fit flush on the facelift hatches as others have done u need spacers

thats why toyota will say it doesnt fit !!

cheers

jonno

• 1 month later...

The response:

Hi James

The rear bar spoiler WILL fit the facelift version of the Corolla hatch.

If you ever mis-inform a fellow member again then may locusts infest your pubic region and your arms be too short to scratch.

Regards

Nelson

au.toyotaownersclub.com

I'm seriously sick of lazy people. Specifically at Toyota.

The only difference between pre-facelift and facelift is the front and the rear tail-lights. The remainder of the car is identical. So the rear skirt (or even tail for that matter) are interchangeable.

hey there java script:emoticon(':clap:', 'smid_8')

:clap:

there is a bit more difference than that between them my sportivo is a 03 and i put the new face lift 06 on it you need to change the bonnet, gards, lights, front re inforcement bar and front bumper.... AND ONE THAT I FORGOT ABOUT GETTING WAS THE RADIATOR SEPORT so i had to get the parts on that day so i used the handy tin snips to cut some away to get the lights to fit. oh yea you need top change your bulb plugs to, PS the self adjusting front light function dose not work without the module ...... few head acks but it looks good yeajava script:emoticon(':yahoo:', 'smid_20')

:yahoo: