TRD CAI [Group Buy]

XploShun

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh dddddear" said Piglet.

It seems as though I may have to order mine separately, otherwise I will be stung for postage twice. No-one lives near me. Not even close. So it may be one less for this GB...

"Oh dddddear" said Piglet.

It seems as though I may have to order mine separately, otherwise I will be stung for postage twice. No-one lives near me. Not even close. So it may be one less for this GB...

come to next month meet man! hahaha

Edited by XploShun

What about the custom charges issue?

Wasnt this a major issue when the bitracer (i think it was bitracer) that tried to organise an AEM CAI group buy from the states?

Tempted to join this GB however, i may be giving the car away to my younger bro later on this year......

Are there really any benefits installing a CAI on an auto?

Btw who can install these things for cheap??

I got an AEM in mine (auto), you get more delay and lag down low when u get this fitted, but it sounds and feels better in the higher revs. It's only worth it if your going to plant your foot down alot. It's not hard to install it, I took it to professionals who told me it wasn't made for my car. But I fitted it myself, the hard part is taking off and re attaching the front bar. But I think you could find a way through the mud-guard lining.

That's the same place where I got mine. But back then I paid about $430 AUD landed because I required shipping with a tracking number by usps. The seller wanted to ship by ups due to previous lost shipments to australia so it would have costed more $$$.

There is one bracket that holds the cai to a bolt near the end of the fuse box that needs a little section cut off of it. In my opinion, that bracket doesn't need to be fitted because the other brackets pretty much keep the cai in place. I think someone here experienced some wires shorting out because this bracket has sharp edges and cut through the wiring in that area.

A few other things to watch out for based on previous people's experience is to not tighten the clamps up too tight otherwise the rubber elbow will split. Buy some single sided adhesive foam tape from Jaycar and stick it down on the end of the cai tube where it rubs against the chassis ie. just above the pod filter so it doesn't wear a hole into the cai tube. The TRD Pod filter is quite long, it just fits on a pre face lift by a bit of force and pushing it up all the way up the tube and will rest on the fog light. I don't know whether face lift's white box will get in the way.

All I can say is, given the price, you'll soon forget how much you spent on it because it'll put a smile on your face every time you hit lift. :D

added you Vhao! but you better hope theres another buyer b4 the cut off date!

i guess, im not going to buy it through TOYOTATERRITORY coz theres no reply from them yet.

only asked for a shipping quote (no discount yet) and it takes them this long.

if something goes wrong... i cant imagine how long it will take them to reply us.....

anyway, do you guys prefer me paying for the whole batch?

or you guys want to pay seperately via paypal?

eg.

IF stock and blackshadow are buying a pair.

blackshadow will be collecting stock's money and pay them via paypal.

then intakes will be sent to stock's or blackshadow's address.

i'll have to ask them if you want.

ANYWAY... guys, i will sending out my bank details soon.

I will need the money by Fri. And hopefully pay them by the end of next weekday.

So for the people who are using internet banking... you better deposit the money by Wed.

If not, please go to an ANZAC branch and deposit by Friday.

CUT OFF DATE: 4th MAY, FRIDAY

how come theres only people from NSW?? no1 from other states.. :unsure:

LIST:

1. XploShun - Concord (NSW)

2. stock - Granville (NSW)

3. trdyus - Minichinbury (NSW)

4. oncy - Eastwood (NSW)

5. blackshadow - Ashifield (NSW)

6. skriblez - RootyHill (NSW)

7. Vhao - Fairfield (NSW)

Edited by XploShun

I got an AEM in mine (auto), you get more delay and lag down low when u get this fitted, but it sounds and feels better in the higher revs. It's only worth it if your going to plant your foot down alot. It's not hard to install it, I took it to professionals who told me it wasn't made for my car. But I fitted it myself, the hard part is taking off and re attaching the front bar. But I think you could find a way through the mud-guard lining.

When you say down low, what rev ranges are you referring to? <3k?

Cos normal driving i dont usually go past 3k.

If its only good on higher revs ie 5k+ then it'll probably no good for me.

Generally you will start to notice it from around 2K upwards......well thats with my ces cai anyway.........you will definitely notice it once past 3K in general......below 2K absolutely no difference

Generally you will start to notice it from around 2K upwards......well thats with my ces cai anyway.........you will definitely notice it once past 3K in general......below 2K absolutely no difference

Was that on an auto or a manual though?

yay!!

we got 8!

8. RO11AS - Baulkham Hills (NSW) (OWF)

from OWF forum! muwahahahahha

BTW i got a question about the intake as well... is it really noisy???

Edited by XploShun

yay!!

we got 8!

8. RO11AS - Baulkham Hills (NSW) (OWF)

from OWF forum! muwahahahahha

BTW i got a question about the intake as well... is it really noisy???

It's only a little noisy when brand new. Give it a couple of weeks of normal driving and it won't be noisy besides it's only noisy if you put your foot all the way down on the throttle so it's controllable.

Let me see............you will hear it rumble before say 3.5k and after that it screams all the way to the redline acompanied by a metallic tone change at that point, thats for a 1zzfe (auto though).......and if you have a sportivo it will be howling once in lift its not funny......its louder then you would expect it to be

If you already removed your intake snorkel and reckon the sound is louder and more sexy, just wait until you slap the CAI......its at least 3 times louder on a 1zzfe and 5 times louder on a 2zzge...

Let me see............you will hear it rumble before say 3.5k and after that it screams all the way to the redline acompanied by a metallic tone change at that point, thats for a 1zzfe (auto though).......and if you have a sportivo it will be howling once in lift its not funny......its louder then you would expect it to be

If you already removed your intake snorkel and reckon the sound is louder and more sexy, just wait until you slap the CAI......its at least 3 times louder on a 1zzfe and 5 times louder on a 2zzge...

i think that goes with all CAI on the 2zz

It's only a little noisy when brand new. Give it a couple of weeks of normal driving and it won't be noisy besides it's only noisy if you put your foot all the way down on the throttle so it's controllable.

great! now im 100% in... for sure!

im sorry but ive got to pull out :(

my car was keyed on the weekend and i need the cash to repaint the damage

****!!! sorry to hear that man!

ANYONE is out or in?????

Edited by XploShun

added you Vhao! but you better hope theres another buyer b4 the cut off date!

i guess, im not going to buy it through TOYOTATERRITORY coz theres no reply from them yet.

only asked for a shipping quote (no discount yet) and it takes them this long.

if something goes wrong... i cant imagine how long it will take them to reply us.....

anyway, do you guys prefer me paying for the whole batch?

or you guys want to pay seperately via paypal?

eg.

IF stock and blackshadow are buying a pair.

blackshadow will be collecting stock's money and pay them via paypal.

then intakes will be sent to stock's or blackshadow's address.

i'll have to ask them if you want.

ANYWAY... guys, i will sending out my bank details soon.

I will need the money by Fri. And hopefully pay them by the end of next weekday.

So for the people who are using internet banking... you better deposit the money by Wed.

If not, please go to an ANZAC branch and deposit by Friday.

CUT OFF DATE: 4th MAY, FRIDAY

how come theres only people from NSW?? no1 from other states.. :unsure:

LIST:

1. XploShun - Concord (NSW)

2. stock - Granville (NSW)

3. trdyus - Minichinbury (NSW)

4. oncy - Eastwood (NSW)

5. blackshadow - Ashifield (NSW)

6. skriblez - RootyHill (NSW)

7. Vhao - Fairfield (NSW)

So whats the definate price? $350?

Method of payment doesnt bother me (if trdyus has a paypal account, i can order with him since Minchinbury is 2 mins away from me)

If not, PM your bank details please and i'll send you over the money straight away.

Quote Pujo - hmm..i'm interested but i do not know how to fit this CAI thing. will someone do it for me?? hehehe

Installation is not meant to be difficult.

Few people have noted they don't know how to install it including myself.

Join the group buy :)

Will figure out installation later and do a group install.

Edited by RO11AS

Installation is not meant to be difficult.

Few people have noted they don't know how to install it including myself.

Join the group buy :)

Will figure out installation later and do a group install.

ok, just need to know the final price.