ZR6 Speaker Upgrade

DKzr6

Can't comment on those but the 6x9's I decided on were the Soundstream sst6.9. Can't believe it but! - retailer I purchased from - Direct deposited money nearly 3 weeks ago - got a automated order placed email, but that's it. No other replies to my inquiries, phone goes straight to voicemail :( upset...

So avoid http://www.icaraccessories.com.au at all costs - any advice on how to chase this up now to get my $ back?? Fair trading ??

Can't comment on those but the 6x9's I decided on were the Soundstream sst6.9. Can't believe it but! - retailer I purchased from - Direct deposited money nearly 3 weeks ago - got a automated order placed email, but that's it. No other replies to my inquiries, phone goes straight to voicemail :( upset...

So avoid http://www.icaraccessories.com.au at all costs - any advice on how to chase this up now to get my $ back?? Fair trading ??

I know this doesnt help but where are you located? might be able to suggest a store you could go to buy. You can also use FHRX with confidence Marty ships aus wide.

• 5 months later...

Ok I am going to replace my 6x9s at the rear with some new pioneer ones as they are sounding like paper now..but can someone just tell me the easiest way to get the rear seats off and how to take those side panels off as well? Like in a few short easy steps :)..im scared to take those side pillar panels off after seeing the 'side curtain airbag' print on them lol..cheers guys :)

I did some furthur digging and found a nice picture demonstration given by DKJOR on how to remove rear seats..just found that page..sorry didnt find it earlier..poor research my bad

• 1 month later...

This thread has been a great read and will come in very handy when I kick off my upgrades.

I am hoping to fit some splits in the front that I already have, however I know that they are huge and most likely won't fit, but that won't stop me trying.

They are called total recoil splits (most people would have never heard of them, but they were not cheap and never been used by me yet). I purchased them about 8 - 10 years ago and waited patiently till I had an install worth using them on, and this will be the one. If they don't fit I will sell them and hopefully fund speakers that do fit :-)

I only want to add a single sub and leave the rear standard although I am starting to think that the bass will be fairly restricted with what can get through to the cabin with what's been posted here so that will depend on some testing I can do to see what works for me. I am not after earthshaking bass that can be heard from streets away but I do like to feel my music and hope that inside the cabin it moves some air.

So I kicked off my upgrades yesterday and I am fairly happy to report that I am confident the new TR splits are going to go in once I have completed fabricating the pods.

This is the stock speaker - it appears a little different from previous models, maybe it just looks that way in person.

th_ca728a0a.png

I then set about making my template

th_d130b548.png

This is my clearance, plus thickness of my pods once they are mounted

th_2c845dfb.png

The comparison - upgrade vs stock - :-) very excited to give these guys a run, been in the garage for many years.

th_817eb8a9.png

How my new speaker will sit (kinda)

th_f0c11c59.png

and finally marking out my template onto the MDF for the base of the pod.

th_a4fde0fe.png

I have finished cutting all my mounts out now and glued and screwed them ready for fitment this weekend, just need to finish off my crossovers (with this particular speaker kit, you build your own from the components that are supplied)

If anyone is interested I will keep updating the progress and take some more pics.

Also, sorry for the formatting, I don't know how to post pictures the way everyone else has on this board so I had to settle for photo bucket.

Very interesting. I've got an '08 ATX and was wondering if anyone can comment on whether the Fusion Powerplant-FR6920 two ways are suitable for the rears (run off an amp). I notice the speaker depth in 83mm

Very interesting. I've got an '08 ATX and was wondering if anyone can comment on whether the Fusion Powerplant-FR6920 two ways are suitable for the rears (run off an amp). I notice the speaker depth in 83mm

My MB Quart are 90mm deep and i needed a ~12.5mm spacer to fit them in the back speakers so most likely you will also need a spacer to.

• 2 years later...

hi guys, just something that has been bugging me. have you had to cut the back of the panels at all???

is there any one in Brisbane that has one stock speaker that i could acquire (assuming the front and back are exact)

keen on a sneaky install in to the wife's car

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I am looking a suitable replace for my dash speakers in my 2012 touring have fitted 6x9 front and rear 3way and 4 way Rockford Fosgate speaker adapter by

http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/index.php used the Camry units they are the same for Aurion.

has any word'sof wisdom?