New Corolla - Released

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if they put a V6 in the rolla. It's probably not as fun as hitting lift. eh?

No but it would be fun giving Falcons and Commodores a power/weight ratio lesson.

"You are a pirate...THE POWER/WEIGHT PIRATE! YARRR!"

Japan has dropped the ball in the hot-hatch/affordable performance stakes...

Mazda 3 MPS??? $45,000 for a FWD.... Get real...

The new WRX will come as a hatch but will be around that sort of price too. That's getting near Evo money :spiteful:

V6? AWD? Corolla kerb weight?

Sign me up!

Just make sure it doesn' have that *** awful tartan interior like the Golf GTi.

Leather for mine please..... and would it kill them to offer a sunroof???

Oh and Jimmy is right. 45k for a Mazda 3 MPS thats rev limited in the first two gears? I haven't driven one but sounds like a torque steered nightmare.

I'd take a WRX for 45k anyday.

Edited by mick0082

Dont dismiss the 3mps, they seem to do great lap times at winton and it's a direct competitor to a Golf GTi so the price is right I suppose.

We are yet to see any nicely done or hot versions of the new Corolla. And 16" wheels and 4x4 suspension never win over a young market. So someone do one up already so we can see how they can really look :rolleyes: :P

I wasn't a great fan of the look of the zze122 front end, but I still bought one anyway. Also remember, this new model will be much improved in its refinement and the way it drives, so the truth on wether or not if it is a good car will be in the drive.

• 2 weeks later...

as it stands now, it looks like a big echo. I can definitely see potential in the looks department. Common guys, how many ppl first saw the Sportivo and thought, "Hmmm. needs lowering, headlights look goofy, grill looks cheap"...etc?

the fact the car looks like "a physically challenged hampster" ust means that there will be more options to customise the looks.

Now if only TRD Australia would get on the ball and make parts more readily available.

When the ZZE123 Sportivos came out you could win one on the cricket classic catches competition where you sms or phone in for the chance to win the Toyota... I thought it looked pretty good but Mark Taylor etc were like "I've driven it and it's a quick little thing" and I was like HAHA sure thing Tubs...

as it stands now, it looks like a big echo.

Have seen a few on the streets now and I reckon it looks more like a big sister of the Yaris. Yes, a sister. Any exterior mods added to it would just make it look dyke-y.