New Corolla - Released

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw the new rolla today, really nice quality and interior, but the salesman told me the zr is 35000+on road cost..wtf!!!? i wonder who will buy it at that price! the guy probably thought iam too young to afford one and just want me to go away..?? and he highly doubt there will be a sports model. anyone notice the sedan? it looks heaps better than the older one, its like a mini camery

We went for a test drive of the sedan (not hatch as we're in the market for sedans) today.

It was pretty good but the engine was quite audible when pushing it.

Anyway, we're in the process of deciding which car to buy now. The shortlist is as follows:

- Toyota Corolla Ascent sedan

- Toyota Yaris YRS sedan

- Mazda 3 Neo sedan

- Honda Civic VTi sedan

spotted a new rolla on cumberland highway this evening...

it looked better than i thought it would on road, but still not particularly exciting... but then again there's nothing exciting about a stock corolla...

im sure with a nice set of rims and lowered suspension it will look the part on the road...

I had a silver sedan park behind me at uni on Friday. They don't look bad at all. The sedan rear end is like the US version. It kind of looks like a squished Camry. It certainly looks betting in real life then the pictures make it out to be.

I had a silver sedan park behind me at uni on Friday. They don't look bad at all. The sedan rear end is like the US version. It kind of looks like a squished Camry. It certainly looks betting in real life then the pictures make it out to be.

saw the car again today, I was mistaken, it was a Yaris sedan...

You Stooge :P

That just says everything right there.

I'm in the "ew it's ugly "boat on this one. I actually saw them the start of last week :whistling: was in my local dealer when i was checking the price for sportivo spoiler and sideskirts. They had the new models hidden up the back of the Used section, and got all narky when i walked over and had a look. When you stand next to one in person, the headlights bulge out like on the newest Camry, (EWW) and the toyota badge on the rear of the hatch has been pushed out away from the rest of the rear, like someone punched at in from inside. Me and some mates here agree that they moved forward with appearence of the sedan, but backwards with the hatch.

I reckon give Toyota a few more generations before they'll get the hatch right again... The only good looking rollas are the AE92 and our 122-3r... Just think of all the fugly ones in between :P (no offence to other people who have the tweener models).

Gents, I think you are all being a bit harsh on the new Corolla. I've had one now for a week (Levin SX) and its a nice all round package. Take it from me, some of the comments here about it are not justified.

Yas

Oh I'm sure it is. Reliability and complete package ftw.

Retarded hamster ftl though :(

I'm showing my age here, but what is "ftw" and "ftl"?

Ah yes good old nerd speak. I myself use it more these days thanks to a lot of guys on this site.

FTW = For The Win

FTL = For The Loss

They originated from gaming nerds.

Did anyone get a promo flyer in the mail recently? Or am I just lucky :toast:

Anyway I decided to have a look on the Toyota site and i'm not really impressed so far, at least not enough to give up my current (pre facelift) model Conquest sedan quite yet.

Pros:

IMO the new model sedan looks quite good (& I like the graphite colour)

6 speed manual transmission

ABS as standard

Comes with 205/55 16" alloy wheels (about time they put some bigger/wider rubber on as standard)

Dual front, side & knee airbags

Fog lights as standard

Remote boot release

6 CD changer with bluetooth & AUX

Steering wheel mounted controls

Cruise control

Leather wheel & gearknob

Anything else?

Cons:

Still only 100kW

Misses out on HID/Projector lamps

Misses out on auto headlights/wipers

Misses out on keyless entry/start

Misses out on climate control

Misses out on Optitron display with trip computer, fuel economy, range etc

So all in all while there are a few worthwhile safety improvements and a couple of extra luxuries included on the new model Conquest sedan i'm quite disappointed that they skipped all of the 'cool' new gadgets. I'm not really interested in the Levin ZR but I wish they would offer the Ultima sedan as a manual.

In the meantime I guess i'll sit back and see what TRD have to offer or else i'll continue to save for an IS250 towards the end of the year...

EDIT: Just an interesting note, the sedan is lower than the hatch (1475mm vs 1515mm) and also sits closer to the ground (102mm vs 113mm)

Edited by Conquest

Did anyone get a promo flyer in the mail recently? Or am I just lucky :toast:

Anyway I decided to have a look on the Toyota site and i'm not really impressed so far, at least not enough to give up my current (pre facelift) model Conquest sedan quite yet.

Pros:

IMO the new model sedan looks quite good (& I like the graphite colour)

6 speed manual transmission

ABS as standard

Comes with 205/55 16" alloy wheels (about time they put some bigger/wider rubber on as standard)

Dual front, side & knee airbags

Fog lights as standard

Remote boot release

6 CD changer with bluetooth & AUX

Steering wheel mounted controls

Cruise control

Leather wheel & gearknob

Anything else?

Cons:

Still only 100kW

Misses out on HID/Projector lamps

Misses out on auto headlights/wipers

Misses out on keyless entry/start

Misses out on climate control

Misses out on Optitron display with trip computer, fuel economy, range etc

So all in all while there are a few worthwhile safety improvements and a couple of extra luxuries included on the new model Conquest sedan i'm quite disappointed that they skipped all of the 'cool' new gadgets. I'm not really interested in the Levin ZR but I wish they would offer the Ultima sedan as a manual.

In the meantime I guess i'll sit back and see what TRD have to offer or else i'll continue to save for an IS250 towards the end of the year...

EDIT: Just an interesting note, the sedan is lower than the hatch (1475mm vs 1515mm) and also sits closer to the ground (102mm vs 113mm)

actually the Ultima and Levin ZR versions have HID Projectors