New Corolla - Released

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks weird..

is the interior similar to the japs?

but i sooooo want to see some aftermarket kit on this corolla or the new is250 tho.. c-one, trd, bomex...... oooooooo yehhhh~!!

until then.. its still not in my next car list :P

Australia

The new Corolla will be introduced to the Australian market on 18th May 2007. It will be available in both sedan and hatchback models, with more safety features and higher levels of luxury. The new 1.8-litre 2ZR-FE Dual VVT-i - with variable valve timing for both intake and exhaust camshafts - will be the only engine available for the Australian model.

does that mean.. we have a different corolla to the jap again... muffler to the right and stuff... and some aftermarket part wont fit it... :unsure:

Hrrrm no sports model? Disappointing Toyota.

It'll come...

its got to, its hot hatch craze of the centry even honda is bringing the type r

Well there is all the talk that TRD are going to be doing a Corolla next year (why it should take six months to hot up an international car is a bit beyond me, maybe there trying to put an Aurion engine into it, Toyota Aust seems to be putting it into everything else)

xploshun I didnt want to quote the whole lot, just the end.

"does that mean.. we have a different corolla to the jap again... muffler to the right and stuff... and some aftermarket part wont fit it... unsure.gif"

I think it means we only get the one type of motor, whereas japan may get a choice of 2 engines. It should mean that some stuff will fit if it is for the same motor....maybe

xploshun I didnt want to quote the whole lot, just the end.

"does that mean.. we have a different corolla to the jap again... muffler to the right and stuff... and some aftermarket part wont fit it... unsure.gif"

I think it means we only get the one type of motor, whereas japan may get a choice of 2 engines. It should mean that some stuff will fit if it is for the same motor....maybe

yeh i just read it from the net.. theres like 5 types.. 2 gas and 3 diesel..

The current 'performance' in the UK is the 2.2D4 turbo which puts out 178hp/132kw. It sucks how we only get the 1.8L Dvvti . How about the 2.4L outta the camry or the 3.5L outta the aurion!!

But at the moment the current craze in OZ is economy and the 1.8L sits right in the middle. I don't think it will be revolutionary with an engine that is pretty much a slightly more economical version of the 1zzfe.

I can't see our's being much different to Japanese model .... if they importing SA version then i am keeping my jap spec rolla .. till it stops going

See you in the next life man :lol:

Do u rekon Toyota Australia will bring out or make a TRD Corolla?

I'm confident this is happening yes. :)

It could be wishful thinking Rob, even if they brought one out I'm not sure how they would make it look sporty... As you said, it's a bit freakish in the looks department.

Also there are no new high-compression VVTL-i engines from Toyota so they would either have to bust out forced induction on the existing 2ZR (ala TRD Aurion) or shoehorn something bigger in there... 2.4L from the Camry would be like copying the 2.4L Lancer wouldn't it?

What to do what to do........

Wow, the Levin SX is a great price. Now I have the decision of deciding wether to buy the Levin SX, or a 05 Stivo when I upgrade later in the year...

Dammit.

hmmm, yeah, what to do, what to buy....

does anyone have any pic's?

EDIT: don't worry, just checked toyota website and there's pic's there....

hmm, now i can't decide what to get...

Guess i'll also wait till i see the new rolla in person...

Edited by encounta

Yes I have it on authority we will have a TRD corolla by the end of this year and the production model is to be a FWD 2 litre turbocharged item with approx 200kw.....

I was chatting with a head honcho at the dealer roadshow today and he says its in the testing phase with neil bates as we speak.

Will load some pics tonight

I have to say the sedan actually looks better than the hatch. Especially the wintow line, looks more chopped. I think ill steer clear for now and wait for a hot model.

As for ultra conservative Toyota making a 200kW version, I seriously doubt it. Altho I have heard the suspension in the Japanese "Blade" version (AWD 2.4L) has been set up for a V6 powerplant. So maybe TRD will bring out an AWD Aurion engined Corolla to take on the Golf R32. More than likely it will be a 1.8L Turbo with around 140-150kW. But why not do both like VW.

AND WHERE IS THE TWO DOOR!!! DAMN YOU TOYOTA AUS!!!

I'll should be testing one tomorrow (the dealer apparently received stock today I'll let you know my thoughts after that

just to settle the levin SX and levin ZR questions.

Levin SX:

front and rear power windows

cruise control

leather bound steering wheel and shift lever

body kit

rear spoiler

fog lamps

6-disc in dash CD changer with MP3 Compatibility and Bluetooth

16" alloys

Levin ZR:

side mounted, curtain shield, and drivers knee airbag (makes the car 5 star safety rated!!!)

smart entry and push button start

automatic HID headlamps

rain sensing wipers (i think standard, im doing this off the top of my head)

climate control airconditioning

sports seat trim

reverse parking sensors and front parking sensors

optitron combimeter

electrochromatic interior mirror

hope this helps guys

Edited by melvinlau

Yes I have it on authority we will have a TRD corolla by the end of this year and the production model is to be a FWD 2 litre turbocharged item with approx 200kw.....

I was chatting with a head honcho at the dealer roadshow today and he says its in the testing phase with neil bates as we speak.

mate your kidding yourself if you think toyota is gonna make a 270bhp FWD corolla.

:lol:

your "Head Honcho" needs to pull his head out of his a$$.

The Bates TTR Rally team DID NOT win the contract for the TRD models in Australia. Why would they be testing them, they have much better, more important things to do.

I bet my sportivo that the car they are testing is there S2000 Rally car which is a 2 litre beams engine.