New Corolla - Released

Looks like a blown up Yaris crossed with the Tiida. That said, I am not sure if I like it yet. Would have to see it in real life.

The rims available are bleh. Being 5 stud I wouldn't be able to put them on my 122r anyways

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*** I love all you little ricer wannabees lol who have no idea about what goes on in Toyota and just say what ever you think comes into your head lol.

The all new "Hottest Corolla" is only slightly heavier than the previous model upto 20kg depending on model according to the workshop manual. The Manual Sportivo = 1225kg Manual Levin ZR = 1245kg

The 100kw engine with Dual VVTi is an extremely smooth and tractable engine mated to the six speed which has a much nicer shift than our sportivo's however the power is nowhere near what we have.

The suspension on these new hatches is a great improvment with torsion beam rear and further lowering of 10mm. On a test drive today a long sweeping corner was easily dusted at 100km/h and the vehicle felt extremely flat and undeterred on the corner (female driver 40yo).

According to Toyota Northern Area Manager the lack of sportivo spec Corolla is due to the iminent TRD model due before the end of this year. In a conversation including our Dealership manager it was revealed that a turbocharged FWD platform is in the testing phase.

Obviously touting power figures is always going to be a bit difficult to know the truth but we were told the vehicle will be targeting the major hot hatch market Toyota is missing atm.

Target vehicles include:

Mazda MPS 3

Renault Megane Cup

Ford Focus XR5

HSV VXR

Honda Civic Type R

Anyways thought this real information might be useful for fellow Toyota enthusiasts

Luke Kownacki

New Vehicle Sales

Oldmac Toyota Cleveland

I had a look at a few at the dealers today. They only had the Levin SX and ZR on show. I love the interior. The centre console, the dash, the seats... a lot better than the current model for sure. The standard wheels aren't shabby looking either with the Yoko tyres :)

Not easy designing a car that will attract buyers from every single age group out there.

Also, I saw a few on the road already as well. Seriously can't wait for the TRD model.

In my Corolla ascent it says the kerb weight is 1060 - 1080 KG.

Toyota have made it about 150 kg heavier, but have used advancements in power delivery.

Its heavier, slightly more powerful, handles better, newer interior.

I saw the car today at Castle Hill, at first i thought the front was ok.

The back i thought wasnt very bad. I wasnt stunned or anything by the looks.

But i think itll grow on me and may come to like it more.

I think toyota has done well here, and will be successful with the new corolla line up.

As for now i like my facelifted hatch the best :) .

Went and sat in the new corolla today thinking of upgrading. Thank you Toyota for making my decision easy. New one feels so cheap and plastic inside and there is just something a bout the styling. Mainly the side windows how it jumps up on the back door and the little window in front of the front door. Just looks crap. The sedan looks ok but is still cheap inside. If I didnt know I was at a Toyota dealership I would swear I was looking at a kia or proton. I'll be very surprised if it holds its sales position let alone knocks commodore off top spot. Didnt test drive it because I didnt even want to. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Went and sat in the new corolla today thinking of upgrading. Thank you Toyota for making my decision easy. New one feels so cheap and plastic inside and there is just something a bout the styling. Mainly the side windows how it jumps up on the back door and the little window in front of the front door. Just looks crap. The sedan looks ok but is still cheap inside. If I didnt know I was at a Toyota dealership I would swear I was looking at a kia or proton. I'll be very surprised if it holds its sales position let alone knocks commodore off top spot. Didnt test drive it because I didnt even want to. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

That's a suprise, being made in Japan to :blink:

Well Ill have a good look at them tommorow.

plenty of rims on the market man!

I am aware of this. I was just talking about options. Besides, I am Toyota Genuine all the way :)

Even if you look at honda and mazda their rims are crap too! oly rims that are decent on there cars are the RX-8 rims

I just got back form looking at the new corolla's and...............

Im EXTREMELY impressed with the hatch, but I dislike the sedan(Personal opinion)

I don't what the other guys on about but the quality of it is much better, feels more solid etc...

Edited by Doug12

Which model did you look at?

Today at the shopping centre on display was the Levin ZR, Ascent, Ultima (Sedan) and Conquest (Sedan).

Overall Im a fan of this new Corolla. Personally I really like the new interior.

Have to drive it to make a better assessment.

why do toyota have to make like sooo many different corollas..

just for the hatch, theres: ascent, conquest, levin sx, levin zr and later sportivo probably..

i went toyota y'day. ZR is great.. they have the keyless entry that the LEXUS IS250 have! so cool.. hahaha

its got more stuff than my bro's euro.. hahaha..

conquest and SX.. reckon its stupid.. same price with different features... conquest is better with the features.. but SX has a "BODYKIT"

the ascent, sigh....

its 2007 already.. and they still dont have the power window for 4 doors as standard! WTF!!!

I looked at the ascent hatch and sedan. I was expecting more like VW golf quality and instead saw Daewoo quality. Went down to Mazda and every car in the lot felt better quality than the new corolla. I think if it takes number one itll be as much of a surprise as it taking it when it was towards the end of the cycle. U gotta remember this new corolla is priced against the Mazda 3 and currently Golfs are 25K drive away. But the corolla is not in the same ball park if you ask me.

Soooooooooooooooooooo cant wait for the TRD Corolla spec version to come out.

I wanna be on the waiting list regardless :P

You might be waiting for a while... Toyota aren't even thinking about the TRD model yet as far as I know.

Edit :actually I have just been informed that they are in 'development' and Toyota are having problems sourcing a motor for them. Toyota also want to finish releasing the TRD Aurion and the TRD Hilux before they start the Corolla :)

Edited by TRDgirl

just for the hatch, theres: ascent, conquest, levin sx, levin zr and later sportivo probably..

i went toyota y'day. ZR is great.. they have the keyless entry that the LEXUS IS250 have! so cool.. hahaha

conquest and SX.. reckon its stupid.. same price with different features... conquest is better with the features.. but SX has a "BODYKIT"

the ascent, sigh....

its 2007 already.. and they still dont have the power window for 4 doors as standard! WTF!!!

mate its ALL about marketing and maximising profit margins. why add 4 power windows when they can convince you to buy the next model up which has 4 power windows and a few more features

the ascent, sigh....

mate its ALL about marketing and maximising profit margins. why add 4 power windows when they can convince you to buy the next model up which has 4 power windows and a few more features

for sure. toyota arent stupid. else the rolla wouldnt be the #1 selling car of all time would it?

if u think the corolla has a lot of models in its range, check out the astras range!!!

Was working at Toyota HQ today. The Blade will be released in Australia in 2008. No other information is available apart that the engine will be a V6.