daviboy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanx guys and girls.

Got a few small minor problems with the system. i got Engine Whine. Noise comming out of the speakers in phase with the acceleration of engine.

Will tackle fixing that in the next few days... Also put a layer of fiberglass to the front of the sub boxes today. So hopefully finish that this week.

WOOHOO, finally making progress.

UPDATE 27/10/07

hey guys, made some progress. Basically finished.

Sanded back the fiberglass boxes, Got the Router in there to clean up the MDF ring edges for a flush fit.

Carpeted the boxes. And got a sub in there, i dont have the other sub yet, mate still has it. But im telling u one single 8" sub is insane.

some piccies

27102007287xq8.jpg

27102007290up8.jpg

27102007289da2.jpg

Currently feeding the sub 267watts RMS at 2ohm, but once i get the other 1 in, i will bridge the channels at 4ohm feeding them combined 548watts RMS at 4ohm.

all i got left to do is install other subby. Make a Base floor from MDF, carpet it and mount Fire Extinguisher.

haha. i was thinking of mounting a fire extuingisher for the fun of it. but dont wanna start making holes in the boot. should look really awesome. but u could have just got a 12" kicker l7 with a ported box that pumps out 750 WRMS for around $450. but this way it looks hektik. good luck

yep sinan, was thinking of going loud. Putting 2 kicker L7s in but that will take up the whole boot, this way, got all the room in the boot, looks classy and still cranks.

8" subs are very underestimated. ill tell u that much man.

yeh got the fire extinguisher from work, and is a necessity in any car really, never know when anything can happen

yeah thats the **** thing about kickers. i see all the guys that put the lil kicker subs in boxes like the one you have made. i was talkin to some guy at an audio shop about making a fibreglass box like yours and using a 10" kicker and he said it would sound really **** cause apparently the kicker subs require alot of room. dont know how it would sound in real life though.

i highly recommend 8" subs. Also look at getting DD1008 sub. Its a little monster by Digital Designs.

Doesnt matter how big your sub is. Its how you utilise it, i.e, making the box suitable for it. Sound deaden car little things. Feed enough power to it. I was damn suprised how low this sub kits bass notes. If you didnt know wat i was running youde think its a single 12" or something.

I gotta come to another meet so i can show em off and ppl can hear em

UPDATE 28/10/07

Damn im updating alot.

Got started on the base of the boot, but ran out of wood so i gotta go get some more. Also Mounted Fire extinguisher, Snug fit. Made a bracket which brought out the Holder out by around 50mm and screwed it in. Looks neat

28102007293fr7.jpg

28102007292ej3.jpg

im Hoping to get the floor all done 2day.

Edited by daviboy

hey man this job looks awesome......im about 2 start a similar project for my boot.......and i luv de idea of the fibreglass on de sides.........just really would like to see de final result and how you made these fibrglass boxes..........

UPDATE 31/10/07

Received my LED strips in the mail today. Mounted them and test wired. look quite nice actually.

31102007298vd7.jpg

Also Downloaded a font in the style of Rockford Fosgate. Typing the Brand in big font, gonna cut it, trace it onto MDF and use it to emboss the brand into my floor under the carpet. Hopefully turn out good.

thanx bro, yeh im really happy with the way this project is going. Everything is going according to plan and going smooth.

All i got is to finish the floor and get the other sub and thats it. All done. Might add some LEDs to under the footwells

UPDATE 3/11/07

Hey guys n girls. Basically finished my project now bar 1 Sub. Got the floor carpeted. Wired the LED Strips to the door sensor so that when the hatch is opened , the lights come on.

03112007307rh3.jpg

03112007308iz6.jpg

03112007309kl9.jpg

Im hoping i can get the other sub 2day so i can finish it off completely.

What yas recon?

Edited by daviboy

had 2 remake the floor cos the original 1 wasnt strong enough, and didnt want to cut it to fit around the woofer boxes, so this way i have the original jst in case i wanna change it all back to stock.