ITR VS COROLLA

i can compare the 2 cars guys

Sportivo= 240km/h

Type R= 225km/h

Sportivo is Faster :D :D :D end topic?

Firstly, are they stck quoted figures or are they modded figures....????

OK, It's like this, when omparing a Sportivo and an ITR as an out of the box product, of course your ITR is going to be a better package. Thats usually what happens when you spend a buit more money on the purchase price......therefore at this point you are really comparing 2 different cars....may as well compare a Camry Sportivo to a HSV.....

When you start throwing money at the cars and asking the question about which car is better when modded, then the answer comes down to "who spent the most SMART money"....

I could spend $20k on my Sportivo and make it go nice. Spend the same moolah on the ITR and also make it go nice. But if you diodn't spend your money on the right things, your stuffed. Example, after the weekend in Sydney and seeing what Bill has done to his car, if you spent the same money he did in an ITR but had NFI about what you are doing and only spent a portion of the time researching what you need to do and where to do it, then you would not make too much in the way of improvements. Sure you would get some gains, but would you get really good gains, probably not.

As I said, it all comes down to who spends the most smart money.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can compare the 2 cars guys

Sportivo= 240km/h

Type R= 225km/h

Sportivo is Faster :D :D :D end topic?

Firstly, are they stck quoted figures or are they modded figures....????

what's the difference Azza, unless you crack open the gearbox you can't change those figures...

The difference would be "Let's go throw decent exhaust, intake yadda yadda yadda on Corolla and just do exhaust and intake on ITR..... speeds then effectively mean zippo

Top speed comparison with zero mods would be a good read....

My theory to end this is simple.

Type R is better for racing purposes and is marketed that way.

Corolla Sportivo is better for comfortable commuting and has some nice power for a bit of a fang every now and then.

Which ever one you chose depends on exactly it is you want to do with it.

Plain and Simple.

So all you Honda homo's take your Honda ego's to OZ honda and rub the paint off your Type R sticker and all the Toyota tocko's stay here and polish your sportivo badges.

Cause to be honest there is a lot of comments made in this thread by people who really have no idea but have the " I've got a mate" syndrome happening and I"m sure that I"m not the only one who is sick and tired of people trying to compare 2 absolutely totally different cars.

End of rant before I feel the need to vomit some more(and no I"m not joking <_< )

When you start throwing money at the cars and asking the question about which car is better when modded, then the answer comes down to "who spent the most SMART money"....

I could spend $20k on my Sportivo and make it go nice. Spend the same moolah on the ITR and also make it go nice. But if you diodn't spend your money on the right things, your stuffed. Example, after the weekend in Sydney and seeing what Bill has done to his car, if you spent the same money he did in an ITR but had NFI about what you are doing and only spent a portion of the time researching what you need to do and where to do it, then you would not make too much in the way of improvements. Sure you would get some gains, but would you get really good gains, probably not.

mate totally agree ..... as you can see from your ride in sydney ..... i got NFI ..... spent my money on the wrong items and you obviously saw that the car doesnt perform :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

mate totally agree ..... as you can see from your ride in sydney ..... i got NFI ..... spent my money on the wrong items and you obviously saw that the car doesnt perform :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Exactly, your car is a peice of sh!t..... :rolleyes:

It might just be how i read it Xoom, but I saw him mention nothing as to your modding intelligence, only the amount you spent. I read it as though he was saying That - If a person spent as much as you have, and had NFI what they were doing, then the rewards would be smaller then had they researched first.

Please guys correct me if I'm wrong, but i would have taken that as a compliment (He's saying you spent it right) Obviously this is presumed being unaware of anything that may have been said in person etc :D

lol .... i was taking the p.1.s.s. out of azza as he was also taking the p.1.s.s out of me ...... lol

man, if only cars could choose owners, too.

i wonder wat they'd say, esp the really humble ones who hide behind an even thicker mask of humility, baiting and waiting for others to fan an ego.

can we all STFU and go discuss something more measurable like, "my turbo is bigger than my 4th Grand-brother's turbo"

oh oh oh my emoticons are having fits again :help: :help: :blink: :blink: <_< <_< :unsure: :unsure: :spiteful: :spiteful: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by shaohaok

Is that why you change cars so quickly Shao??? They get sick of you that quickly???

:toast::toast::whistling::whistling::whistling::lol::lol::lol: :P :P :P

Damm my emoticons are playing up as well......

Is that why you change cars so quickly Shao??? They get sick of you that quickly???

yeah they fire me just coz they can afford to. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

yeah they fire me just coz they can afford to. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

damm cheeky cars....

20V 4age sucks.......no offense though.

It sure sounds sweet because of the Quads. 5 valve per head was more or less a marketing gimmick. The engine in the ITR are hand built or blueprinted dunno which one though.

A vehicle modded to a high level will bring out the best of the cars chasis. Its kinda like makeup on woman, if the woman was beautiful to begin with then little to no makeup will still make her shine amongst others....whereas if you started with someone on the other side of the spectrum....

Duno if this counts as forum mining to you guys but **** it, i had to address this... ill informed comment

Have you driven a 16v SX and a 20v on a track? **** a drag, straight lines dont test a car like a track does. My 20v SX has bumb ****** many a SSS and 16v SX over the mountains and occasionally on a track. Note that when this engine was built it was far better than anything in its class that honda could produce. With a moderate amount of mods i put many of these VTEC street civics to shame.

The its not just the extra valve that thats appealing (yeah it doesn't really make much of a difference other than to make parts hard to find) but the VVT and quad throttle sure do make a difference. I dont know if you've driven a 20v before but they definatly dont... suck... as you put it. Dont forget they are a 15 year old engine (my silver top at least). Im not saying they are the stuff of 21st century legends but dont be too quick to count them out

not trying to ruffle any feathers

I've driven the silvertop 20V, blacktop 20V and Smallport 16V and Bigport 16V at the track and the dragstrip. 20V's are over-rated. Honda's B16A is a much better motor.

Edited by rollamods

I can not believe that you guys are still ****ing on about the difference between these 2 cars....

NEWSFLASH:

THEY ARE 2 DIFFERENT CARS WITH 2 DIFFERENT MARKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to compare the Corolla to something more reasonable, then 1ZZ's should be compared to Mazda 3, Ford Focus, Holden Astra, Hyundai Elantra and even the Nissan Tiida. Compare your SPortivo to Mazda 3 MPS, Ford XR5 and Holden Astra Turbo.

The ITR was what, like $15k more than the sportivo, had a better suspension setup out of the box and was a 2 door car designed for semi-trackwork.

The Sportivo was a slightly modified and feature packed (leather, climate control, body kit) designed for the Corolla market that wanted a little extra bang for the buck, hence why it was under $30k

Now as I see it, if you are going to come to the Toyota forums asking 'which is better' then the Toyota guys are going to back the Corolla. Ask the same question on OzHonda and I would say it would be a safe bet for them to put their money on the ITR.

Any Corolla owners on the Toyota forum that are going to be barracking for the ITR, in my opinion should **** off and buy themselves and ITR.

I am really sick of hearing these threads. They are nothing but a waste of time, energy and bandwith.

Want to know what the differences are, go and drive them both, and buy the one you like most. Asking which is better when you have thrown mods at the car is a pointless and stupid question that can never be accuratley answered.

End Rant

MODS, Please shut this thread....