Energy Suspension motor mount inserts

I did a search but couldn't find the answers. :unsure:

What I want to know is if they really do reduce the crappy front wheel hop as what's stated in following url

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/motmtins.html

also, how much engine vibration can you feel when these are installed ? Is it annoying or quite subtle ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor-Mount...128059288QQrdZ1

If its about axel tramp, some people have had positive results with thicker front sway bars....or so as I'm informed via this forum. Not many people here change motor mounts. Would love to hear peoples experiences if any.

I've found that using urethane bushes for the swaybar, and a set of lowered springs and stiffer struts killed pretty much all the axle tramp i was getting from my old 626. It had an FE2T engine, 90Kw at the tread, but somewhere in the region of 280Nm's. With the stock suspension it used to bounce around like a maniac at the dump of a clutch, but after the changes it all turned to smoke :clap:

I've never used urethane engine mounts but i'd hazard a guess that they'd increase rigidity a bit and save some power loss too.

If not they should atleast last a little longer than factory spec.

You don't get much vibration from the engine as you aren't replacing the whole mount but moreso just putting an insert into the mount to stiffen it up. As for reducing axle tramp haven't really noticed a difference as my car only really axle tramps in the wet and thats usually when i hit 3rd gear and it's frying them due to slippery roads. They do make takes off a lot smoother as they don't allow the mounts to flex as much thus letting the whole drivetrain and engine move far less.

• 1 year later...